Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

I'm definitely not going to this farce on sept 3rd anyway, i wouldn't pay 6 cents never mind €16 for a night headlined by Jeremy bleedin Healy, they can keep their "asylum brand" i was right the first time it is a money making excercise and is everything that the asylum was not, i don't think this sept 3rd gig will sell out either

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

es-cee wrote: »
    this kid is a brilliant producer, has a bright future.

That's a wicked tune Es :D (psst - is that what ye call liquid DnB?)

I'm likin this one too (and not a bad endorsement having Fabio & Grooverider playing your work to a big audience)

Someone else who's been producing since he was 15 is Skream - OK OK Calm down, I know, it's Dubstep & it's a marmite thing....but credit where it's due....I mean what were most of us doing at 15?? exactly!

This is a deadly tune,he obviously knows music, it's full of reggae & ska tones with a dirty dubstep wobble n vocal ...fook it, i like it!!

"acana acana acana ave some noise for the Skream......Oi Oiiiiii" :D

Think I'll leave it there though lol subject material more suited to other threads on the forum :D

ASYLUM, Past, Present, Future, with JEREMY HEALY, Sat 3rd Sept 2011.

If you want to get in half price on Sat 3rd of Sept, don't buy your ticket in Ticketmaster ,
    All you've got to do is hold on to your ticket from 'The Return' and show it at the door on 3rd September.

To be honest, I wouldn't pay the full price to get in.

Don't think I would go see Jeremy Healy's set, I would rather Watch paint dry, I'd only go to see the other Dj's playing that night.
    Agree... i would like to see Micko Morrison rock the house :)

Also heard Pink Doves are in town.

Think the only thing that will sway me on this one is who's going, I was gutted to miss the last one as yiz know,partly because I was looking forward to meeting a few of the lads from here/YT.

So,while I'm not impressed with this latest offering,if there's a few heads going I would more than likely grin & bare it and head in....although not in the excited state I'd have been in for the last one lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

I'm 100% sure at this moment in time that i won't be going.Absolutely broke at the minuate plus my football season will be back up and running so ther be no chance of me heading out on a Friday or a Saturday nite.:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

EarlERizer wrote: »
    Think the only thing that will sway me on this one is who's going, I was gutted to miss the last one as yiz know,partly because I was looking forward to meeting a few of the lads from here/YT.

So,while I'm not impressed with this latest offering,if there's a few heads going I would more than likely grin & bare it and head in....although not in the excited state I'd have been in for the last one lol.

I'm 50/50 at the moment. waiting to find out who's going first. how much are thay charging in of this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭DUB33

jonnny68 wrote: »
    I'm definitely not going to this farce on sept 3rd anyway, i wouldn't pay 6 cents never mind €16 for a night headlined by Jeremy bleedin Healy, they can keep their "asylum brand" i was right the first time it is a money making excercise and is everything that the asylum was not, i don't think this sept 3rd gig will sell out either

Your right Jon & i had a feeling lik The Asylum/Club & Brand don't go togeather I'm thing of starting a new Asylum group for Asylum music only from91/92ish till july 94 & Call it The Real Sound of Sakvile Place-The Asylum Dublin i'v already mentioned it & about putting on smaaller Asylum Tribute nites experience the music that made the place it was & just hav Warrren K for a 2hr asylum set & i kno a load of Dj's who went 2 the asylum & hav all the reall sounds & not just the same ole HaHaHaha :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

EarlERizer wrote: »
    That's a wicked tune Es :D (psst - is that what ye call liquid DnB?)

I'm likin this one too (and not a bad endorsement having Fabio & Grooverider playing your work to a big audience)

Someone else who's been producing since he was 15 is Skream - OK OK Calm down, I know, it's Dubstep & it's a marmite thing....but credit where it's due....I mean what were most of us doing at 15?? exactly!

This is a deadly tune,he obviously knows music, it's full of reggae & ska tones with a dirty dubstep wobble n vocal ...fook it, i like it!!

"acana acana acana ave some noise for the Skream......Oi Oiiiiii" :D

Think I'll leave it there though lol subject material more suited to other threads on the forum :D

yeah man, liquid funk, top tunage for chillin and partyin to.
    he's a great little producer, has another brilliant track
    called 'trick of the tail' that has a police sample in it.
    that track i posted above tho would be more jungle
    oriented compared to his usual sound.
    that dubstep tune is pretty decent too.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

DUB33 wrote: »
    Your right Jon & i had a feeling lik The Asylum/Club & Brand don't go togeather I'm thing of starting a new Asylum group for Asylum music only from91/92ish till july 94 & Call it The Real Sound of Sakvile Place-The Asylum Dublin i'v already mentioned it & about putting on smaaller Asylum Tribute nites experience the music that made the place it was & just hav Warrren K for a 2hr asylum set & i kno a load of Dj's who went 2 the asylum & hav all the reall sounds & not just the same ole HaHaHaha :D

You should book Pressure for it too Marc.

heres a mix done this month by slipmatt of '88/'89 tunes ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7lg7op8tmejo76g

Uploaded some videos i took that id forgotten about of the Electric Picnic in 2006, i remember this one well, just a small soundsystem playing old skool jungle and a load of us ended up staying there for ages having a deadly time.

check my YouTube channel for more vids :)

• Advertisement

heres a mix done this month by slipmatt of '88/'89 tunes ;)

http://www.mediafire.com/?7lg7op8tmejo76g
    seen Slipmatt play a set like this 2 years ago @ Raindance, an eipc night;)

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

just thought i'd post that set from the yt vid above, 3 hours of house goodness from the hacienda ;)

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QIFCYIDF

Tracklist:

1. Gino Latino 'No Sorry'
    2. K-Os 'Definition of Love'
    3. Inner City 'Do You Love What You Feel' (Power 41 In Control Remix)
    4. Inner City 'Do You Love What You Feel' (Power 41 Remix)
    5. Royal House 'Get Funky'
    6. Raven Maize 'Forever Together'
    7. White Knight 'Keep It Movin' ('Cause The Crowd Says So)' (Insane Mix)
    8. Sound Factory 'Cuban Gigolo'
    9. Dionne 'Come Get My Lovin''
    10. 28th Street Crew 'I Need A Rhythm' (Vocal Club Mix)
    11. Adeva 'Warning'
    12. The Bass Boyz 'Lost In The Bass' (Mike 'Hitman' Wilson Mix)
    13. Julian 'Jumpin' Perez & Kool Rock Steady 'Aint We Funky Now'
    14. Monie Love 'Grandpa's Party' (Love II Love Mix)
    15. Tony Scott 'That's How I'm Living'
    16. Chubb Rock 'Ya Bad Chubbs' (Crib Mix)
    17. Akasa 'One Night in My Life'
    18. Kid 'N' Play '2 Hype' (House Inst.)
    19. Kenny 'Jammin' Jason & Fast Eddie 'Can U Dance'
    20. Jungle Crew 'Elektric Dance'
    21. NWA 'Express Yourself'22. Big Daddy Kane 'Warm It Up, Kane'
    23. Queen Latifah 'Dance 4 Me' (Ultimatum Mix - Vocal)
    24. MC's Logik 'Get Involved' (In It To Win It Mix)
    25. Reese 'Rock to the Beat' (Mike Wilsons Hitman Mix)
    26. Rhythim is Rhythim 'Strings of Life' (Unreleased Remix)
    27. R-Tyme 'R-Theme'
    28. Doug Lazy 'Let it Roll'
    29. Frankie Bones 'We Call It Techno'
    30. Seduction 'You're My One & Only True Love' (C & C New York House Mix 1)
    31. Sandee 'Notice Me'
    32. Forgemasters 'Track With No Name'
    33. Diskonexion 'Love Rush' (Put On Mix)
    34. Black Box 'Ride On Time'
    35. Sterling Void 'Runaway Girl'
    36. Annette 'Dream 17'
    37. Phase II 'Reachin''
    38. T-R-P - Let There Be House 'Untitled'
    39. Orange Lemon 'Dreams of Santa Anna'
    40. Shannon 'Let the Music Play' (1989 European Remix)
    \Film Clip Sample poss from Donna Rouge 'Sad Song' 12"\
    41. Carly Simon 'Why' \ Donna Rouge 'Sad Song' (Accapella)
    \Martin Luther King "I Have A Dream" Speech Excerpt\
    42. Imagination 'Just An Illusion' (Park & Pickering Mix)
    43. Company 2 'Tell it As it Is'
    44. Roberta Flack 'Uh Uh Ooh Ooh Look Out (Here it Comes)' (Steve 'Silk' Hurley Mix)
    45. 2 in a Room 'Somebody in the House Say Yeah'
    46. T-R-P - Let There Be House 'Untitled'
    47. Richie Rich 'Salsa House'
    48. Redhead Kingpin & the FBI 'Do the Right Thing' (Happiness Remix)
    49. Digital Underground 'Doowutchalike' (Playhowyalike Mix)
    50. Kariya 'Let Me Love You For Tonight'
    51. Nocera 'Summertime Summertime' (House '89)
    52. Lil Louis 'French Kiss' / Sylvester 'You Make me Feel (Mighty Real)' (Acca)
    53. 808 State 'Pacific'
    54. Sueno Latino 'Sueno Latino'
    55. Dynamic Duo 'In The Pocket' (Hip House Dub)
    56. Da Posse 'It's My Life' (Aluh Mix)
    57. Technotronic 'Pump Up the Jam'
    58. ???
    59. Mix N’ Tel 'Feel The Beat' (Pierre's Mix)
    60. Gary Jackmaster Wallace 'House Has Taken Over Me' (The House Every Night Oh Yeah Mix)

Absolutley brilliant track NWA Express Yourself,
    If anyone wants an mp3 of it just ask;);)

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Absolutley brilliant track NWA Express Yourself,
    If anyone wants an mp3 of it just ask;);)

yes please ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

germulhall wrote: »

few on there i know myself, will have a proper go at a tl later when i get some time to myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

few on there i know myself, will have a proper go at a tl later when i get some time to myself.

Was just on to Denis there and hes made it downloadable and is doing up the tracklist for it now. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭SIBERIA

Does any know the name of 'that' track with the sandpipes at the beginning, pressure use to play it. Its the very first track on house pressure 2 / side A.

It went like ''do do.. doo doo''.. ha not much help i know :o

Anyone know what im talking about?

... I'll upload a clip of it later (when i get home) if no one knows it.

nice one lads :)

SIBERIA wrote: »
    Does any know the name of 'that' track with the sandpipes at the beginning, pressure use to play it. Its the very first track on house pressure 2 / side A.

It went like ''do do.. doo doo''.. ha not much help i know :o

Anyone know what im talking about?

... I'll upload a clip of it later (when i get home) if no one knows it.

nice one lads :)

think this is what your after if memory serves me right.

Fair play man, that's the one alright :cool:

Thanks a lot!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

germulhall wrote: »

****ing hell don't remember any of these tracks.Raging i missed this set.Some x c lent tracks in there.

• Advertisement

Back with another one :P

There only about 3 second of the track at the very start before 'perfect day' kicks in
    http://youtu.be/tcLLPygs4oI

The sound like a high pitched bird tweeting, do any of ye know the track? :)

Back with another one :P

There only about 3 second of the track at the very start before 'perfect day' kicks in
    http://youtu.be/tcLLPygs4oI

The sound like a high pitched bird tweeting, do any of ye know the track? :)

Any chance i can download your brain? :eek:

Again, thanks for that. I knew the track but couldn't for the life of me remember the name.

Any chance i can download your brain? :eek:

Again, thanks for that. I knew the track but couldn't for the life of me remember the name.

i've been drawing a blank lately when it comes to tunes i know well, so i doubt my brain would be of any use :D only for this is a bit of an anthem every1 knows i probably wouldn't have been of help lol.

Ye when i seen 'art of trance - gloria' i felt like bashin me head of the wall. Should have know it,, ah well! Nice tune that octopus one.. was just flickin back a few pages that 101 rock to the beat is a nice track too. Noise will be made tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

• Advertisement

........for all you Jeremy Healy fans out there :D

Hi guys, hope you are all keeping well.

Tickets are now onsale from all Ticketmaster outlets nationwide for what is shaping up to be a seriously massive next event from Asylum.

****please check below for important ticket info****

Asylum are very proud to announce as part of the 'Past, Present, Future' series, the appearance of one of the All Time Great DJ / Producers and a true legend of Classic House Music, Jeremy Healy.

You may recognise DJ Jeremy Healy for his DJ appearances at top nights around the globe, or have heard of Jeremy Healy through his sell out Fantazia compilations, or know him as the Ibiza legend and globe trotting floor filling juggernaut that he still remains to be after over two decades on the circuit. Either way, Jeremy Healy is still very much living up to his reputation as one of the most sought after DJ's in the World having over the years been voted number one DJ by both The Face magazine and Mixmag.

Saturday 3rd September see's Jeremy Healy team up with Dublin and Asylum's finest DJ's for a night of shameless anthem bashing and rip roaring classic house and techno remixes. We promise you a night of all the big tunes you know...in their original AND remixed up to date format's.

ASYLUM, Sat 3rd Sept 2011

JEREMY HEALY
    LIAM DOLLARD
    DJ PRESSURE
    DILLY
    ED CASE
    DAVE MC DONNELL
    PAUL NEWHOUSE
    MICK MORRISON
    DENIS HORGAN
    GAVIN DUFFY
    JOHNER M
    DAMO T
    PAUL BUTLER

DOORS 9.00pm to 02.45 / 03.00am TICKET INFO Tickets on sale from Wednesday 20th July from all Ticketmaster outlets Standard Ticket €16 (including booking fee) VIP Ticket €20 (including booking fee) Half Price Ticket €8 (including booking fee)****to qualify for half price admission you must produce both your half price ticket AND your ticket from 'The Return' on 25th June at the door. If a half price ticket is produced at the door on its own a further €10 will be required to gain admission***** Door Price €20 (Ticket holders will get priority entrance)

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement