Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 davidod

I have been looking for this track that featured on an Ed Case mix tape I lost in London in 1994 .................

It's pretty fast and hard with what I remember was quite a few acid lines (although it is nearly 16 years since I heard it) and every so often it broke into a vocal of 'Get your life Together'........

Anyone have any clue ????????????????:confused:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,292 ✭✭✭tdv123

davidod wrote: »
    I have been looking for this track that featured on an Ed Case mix tape I lost in London in 1994 .................

It's pretty fast and hard with what I remember was quite a few acid lines (although it is nearly 16 years since I heard it) and every so often it broke into a vocal of 'Get your life Together'........

Anyone have any clue ????????????????:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭germulhall

Billy Mays wrote: »
    I'm sure me brother uploaded these. Must ask him if he's got any more.

Yeah Billy theres a serious lacking of Dollard mixes online. Would be great to get a few more off your Brother if he has any. Cheers man.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

Just heard an old raving mate of mine some on here might know him James Doyle from Ranelagh has died :( was only in his 30's as well, was very prominent on the Dublin club scene in the 90's and beyond,he was a total mad bast*rd and was up for anything but underneath it all he was a sound bloke, i hadn't seen him in recent years but kept in touch on facebook.

RIP James..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭holy_macaroni

http://soundcloud.com/stevanovich/ed-case-96-track-ids posted this b4, 1st track any1? or any of the missin 1s?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

load of tumble weeds blowin thru here lately, gone very quiet over the last 2 weeks or so :eek:

th_1sm142deserted.gifth_1sm142deserted.gifth_1sm142deserted.gifth_1sm142deserted.gifth_1sm142deserted.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

es-cee wrote: »
    load of tumble weeds blowin thru here lately, gone very quiet over the last 2 weeks or so :eek:

th_1sm142deserted.gifth_1sm142deserted.gifth_1sm142deserted.gifth_1sm142deserted.gifth_1sm142deserted.gif

Everybody must be on Holiday's or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

J.C posted a few tunes i forgot all about on FB.

• Advertisement

my tune of the day, never get sick of this one, underworlds best by a country mile imo of course ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

I was listing to 80's FM, today on the Radio, and was surprised when this song came on,

Anybody recognise the start of it,

I'm sure Area 51 , used this sample for there Classic , let it move you.

I was listing to 80's FM, today on the Radio, and was surprised when this song came on,

Anybody recognise the start of it,

I'm sure Area 51 , used this sample for there Classic , let it move you.

yeah deffo sampled to fcuk man. just goes to show ya, ya think the oldies are classic and they're really just a load of samples put together, still a cool track tho 'area 51 - let it move you'.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

yeah deffo sampled to fcuk man. just goes to show ya, ya think the oldies are classic and they're really just a load of samples put together, still a cool track tho 'area 51 - let it move you'.
    heres nother one which the utah saints sampled

just copped this was posted just 2 pages bk, ha, ah well, good tune, worth a 2nd post

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

whod a thunk it that.that was eddie murphy singin in both of em hehe

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Juice_

EarlERizer wrote: »
    sun in the mHun :D
    like a bit of ska myself, altho i would be limited to madness and a couple others, but a mate of mine (who is 3 years younger i might ad) is mad into ska, and any type of tunage really, don't think there's a "genre" :p he's not into :rolleyes:

Best Summer's I ever had as a kid where the ones when i lived in the 'mun, lived in Coultry Rd (number 315),used to 'play' outside on the football field between the flats n the school....or hang about with the older kids on the steps lol,
    at the time the teenagers where all into Ska n punk,there was always music been played out of one flat or other so you could sit on the steps all day in the sun listening to the music while the older kids (I'd have been between the ages of 7-9 , the older ones in their mid teens i guess) just hung about talking n playing footie or trying to impress the girls.
    I always was impressed by the clothes n hair do's,girls with 'semi' skinheads n the lads all shaved heads n sideburns lol but the clobber was the bizz, all black! Harrington jackets (Black but a few had red ones),white T's,black 'Ories' combats & loafers (with towely white sox lol) shades n those cheap trilbies from butlins with the catchphrase torn off....the punks/skins woulda been all skintight bleached jeans n green or black bomber jackets n Doc's up to their knees! Class :cool:
    Never forget me first 'outfit' Easter 81 - Black Harrington Jacket (me ma stitched patches all over it for me soon after - all 2Tone),White Tshirt,Black Ories and the fooking coolest OxBlood Doc sole loafers I ever owned......and the obligitry towelly white sox :o .... I had to wait for the summer trip to butlins before i got a hat lol but the older ones would let me wear theirs.....
    I loved that about me Ma n Da,they were real into the music of the day so they got the whole 'wanting to be like the older kids' buzz I was on,and they knew them all,it was cool back then,guess i was treated as a novelty with the older ones as they'd ask me Ma if I could 'go the centre' with them (old Ballymun shopping centre - through the underpass) ....used to think i was the dogs liathroidi lol ....

was gutted when we moved out to the wilderness of Tallaght the following year......me Da bought me Adam & the Ants tapes as a consolation lol poor Ska got left back in the 'mun :rolleyes: ..... still,was only a few years to go before I had my next 'clique' and Breakdance hit our shores .

lol fookin gas when ya look back over the years n remember the 'tree' of your music tastes lol am me calling peeps 'Genre Junkies' :o

I went from
    79-82 Ska (Specials,Madness,Bad Manners) and some Punk (thanks Da lol)
    82-83 Adam & the Ants :o
    83-88 Breakdance & Hip Hop (proper oldskool hip hop lol)
    *88-90 The Cure,Guns n Roses,Iron Maiden,The Smiths :o:o:o
    90-2011 Indie,Rave,Hardcore,Jungle,DnB etc etc interspersed with anything I thought sounded good.

*I blame the 88-90 period on my raging hormonal teenage angst! :D , and not forgetting over the years from mid 80's to present day, the natural as air love of UB40,Bob Marley and co.....suppose to summarize it ... I was skooled in the other 3 R's .... Rap, Rave & Reggae

While I dont listen to it these days,the music & the Ska era has very fond memories for me :o

so, what about any of the rest of yiz? what was your music journey tru life so far?

Spot on .... What the feck ever happened to Ories Combats. not a single hit on google, it's like they never existed?

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Juice_

EarlERizer wrote: »
    sun in the mHun :D
    like a bit of ska myself, altho i would be limited to madness and a couple others, but a mate of mine (who is 3 years younger i might ad) is mad into ska, and any type of tunage really, don't think there's a "genre" :p he's not into :rolleyes:

Best Summer's I ever had as a kid where the ones when i lived in the 'mun, lived in Coultry Rd (number 315),used to 'play' outside on the football field between the flats n the school....or hang about with the older kids on the steps lol,
    at the time the teenagers where all into Ska n punk,there was always music been played out of one flat or other so you could sit on the steps all day in the sun listening to the music while the older kids (I'd have been between the ages of 7-9 , the older ones in their mid teens i guess) just hung about talking n playing footie or trying to impress the girls.
    I always was impressed by the clothes n hair do's,girls with 'semi' skinheads n the lads all shaved heads n sideburns lol but the clobber was the bizz, all black! Harrington jackets (Black but a few had red ones),white T's,black 'Ories' combats & loafers (with towely white sox lol) shades n those cheap trilbies from butlins with the catchphrase torn off....the punks/skins woulda been all skintight bleached jeans n green or black bomber jackets n Doc's up to their knees! Class :cool:
    Never forget me first 'outfit' Easter 81 - Black Harrington Jacket (me ma stitched patches all over it for me soon after - all 2Tone),White Tshirt,Black Ories and the fooking coolest OxBlood Doc sole loafers I ever owned......and the obligitry towelly white sox :o .... I had to wait for the summer trip to butlins before i got a hat lol but the older ones would let me wear theirs.....
    I loved that about me Ma n Da,they were real into the music of the day so they got the whole 'wanting to be like the older kids' buzz I was on,and they knew them all,it was cool back then,guess i was treated as a novelty with the older ones as they'd ask me Ma if I could 'go the centre' with them (old Ballymun shopping centre - through the underpass) ....used to think i was the dogs liathroidi lol ....

was gutted when we moved out to the wilderness of Tallaght the following year......me Da bought me Adam & the Ants tapes as a consolation lol poor Ska got left back in the 'mun :rolleyes: ..... still,was only a few years to go before I had my next 'clique' and Breakdance hit our shores .

lol fookin gas when ya look back over the years n remember the 'tree' of your music tastes lol am me calling peeps 'Genre Junkies' :o

I went from
    79-82 Ska (Specials,Madness,Bad Manners) and some Punk (thanks Da lol)
    82-83 Adam & the Ants :o
    83-88 Breakdance & Hip Hop (proper oldskool hip hop lol)
    *88-90 The Cure,Guns n Roses,Iron Maiden,The Smiths :o:o:o
    90-2011 Indie,Rave,Hardcore,Jungle,DnB etc etc interspersed with anything I thought sounded good.

*I blame the 88-90 period on my raging hormonal teenage angst! :D , and not forgetting over the years from mid 80's to present day, the natural as air love of UB40,Bob Marley and co.....suppose to summarize it ... I was skooled in the other 3 R's .... Rap, Rave & Reggae

While I dont listen to it these days,the music & the Ska era has very fond memories for me :o

so, what about any of the rest of yiz? what was your music journey tru life so far?

Spot on .... What the feck ever happened to Ories Combats. not a single hit on google, it's like they never existed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

Juice_ wrote: »

Ha ha ha nice 1 m8,I've tried the net search meself but to no avail,atleast I got one other person acknowledging their existance :cool: .... they were the coolest 'jeans' i ever had , musta worked my way through a good few pairs over those years,they became a mainstay in my outfitting (Christmas,Easter,Aug BH etc etc).

:confused: Dont think I ever actually used the pockets on the shins! lol

:eek: What an EP!!! dark as fook!

Mega City 2 - Demons by Daylight EP

Dark Child
    :eek::D

Into the Realms of Darkness
    :D:cool:

I Still Dream
    :):rolleyes:

Death Warmed Up
    :eek::eek::eek::D

http://www.discogs.com/Mega-City-2-Demons-By-Daylight-EP/release/352508

loved him in that movie..good actor too, was in heat and american gangster.to name a few

lol ffs Holy, long night was it? .... how d'fook did ya come across this stuff? , I like the 1st one , master chef mentalism.

"I like the bass, I like the bass, i like that buttery biscuit bass" lol classic! :D

Not too keen on the others but the 2nd one caught my eye, great film that "Withnail & I"

yea masterchef was a good 1, others i was just messin about, they poped up after the chef 1,that fat bloke is no food critic, he likes all the food on that show, the fat git lol

• Registered Users Posts: 205 ✭✭ROCKY MANGAN

yea masterchef was a good 1, others i was just messin about, they poped up after the chef 1,that fat bloke is no food critic, he likes all the food on that show, the fat git lol

lol I know,can just hear him "Now that, that is a cheese sandwich wow" or "You just dont get jam on bread like this" lol everything is good with him......ah the pair of them are twats! that little Aussie fooker has a face you'd love to smack!

:pac::pac::pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

i know its been asked a 1000 times over lads but how d fook do ye post a youtube vid????:confused::confused::confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 141 ✭✭craig_b

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement