Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,192 ✭✭✭EarlERizer

*ahem* :pac:
    'Brand Asylum'
    "listen to them,cash registers of the night,what sweet music they make"
    Read that somewhere awhile back! :rolleyes:

Woulda been the Saturday night for me (savage line up) but parting with €33 (inc b/f) before 'refreshments' et al just aint going to be happening! :(

Why the fook couldn't they have started these reunions 2 yrs ago when all was well in Banco De Rizer? the cost of this poxy recession has me broke!!! :D

or as I say "I've always got some month left at the end of the money":o

• Registered Users Posts: 4,614 ✭✭✭es-cee

just listenin to this yet again :) never get tired of the darkside!!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,234 ✭✭✭Billy Mays

This one really has me torn. Part of me says no way am I paying 29 euro in (thought it would've been around a score), the other part says I've waited 17 years to see Hardfloor playing live, just go. Decisions Decisions!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,476 ✭✭✭francois

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

It's £15 into the Acid House Rave in London and it goes on all night and would blow the Asylum night out of the water in every respect so i think ill just aim to go to that,might try make a weekend of it get some cheap accommodation somewhere.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭jonnny68

jonnny68 wrote: »
    It's £15 into the Acid House Rave in London and it goes on all night and would blow the Asylum night out of the water in every respect so i think ill just aim to go to that,might try make a weekend of it get some cheap accommodation somewhere.:)

29 euro into the Vaults really is taking the piss alright Johnny. Don't know where I'm gonna come up with the funds. Spent a bomb on Sunday and Monday after the Dubs game (that doesn't bother me though cos we're all Ireland champions!!!!), heading to the Aran islands next weekend then Amsterdam for 4 nights on the 24th October. The thought of missing Hardfloor though is killing me.

• Advertisement

jonnny68 wrote: »

:D had a little chuckle at the ....... "The True Acid House Experience" then directly underneath "fully licensed" ........ lets hope they're not complying with the repeatitive beats law to get that licence! :D

:) Have a good one Jonnny!

p.s. your right by the way, I've been to a few 'reunion' type oldskool nights across the way and it's like a step back in time (musically & financially) £7 - £10 on the door ......TopBuzz,Ratpack,Asterix & Space,Mark Archer etc DJ sets & PA's as well as local DJ's from bitd ..... deadly!

This is the last I'm saying on the subject (I think), I'll say this, I understand it costs to put on a gig and then the cost of paying the headliner n then the rider,accom,smoozing etc must tot up to a pretty penny.....solution - leave off on the 'Big Name International DJ n Live acts' have exclusive 'Asylum' nights with the Asylum DJ's (after all they're Big Names to all us Asylum vets) maybe alternate it month by month and not have all of them playing on the same nights.

Wouldn't cost half as much to put the gig on which would allow for a more affordable night out for the punters! .................then miserable old fart tight wads like meself (and a few others) could afford it.

EarlERizer wrote: »
    :D had a little chuckle at the ....... "The True Acid House Experience" then directly underneath "fully licensed" ........ lets hope they're not complying with the repeatitive beats law to get that licence! :D

:) Have a good one Jonnny!

p.s. your right by the way, I've been to a few 'reunion' type oldskool nights across the way and it's like a step back in time (musically & financially) £7 - £10 on the door ......TopBuzz,Ratpack,Asterix & Space,Mark Archer etc DJ sets & PA's as well as local DJ's from bitd ..... deadly!

This is the last I'm saying on the subject (I think), I'll say this, I understand it costs to put on a gig and then the cost of paying the headliner n then the rider,accom,smoozing etc must tot up to a pretty penny.....solution - leave off on the 'Big Name International DJ n Live acts' have exclusive 'Asylum' nights with the Asylum DJ's (after all they're Big Names to all us Asylum vets) maybe alternate it month by month and not have all of them playing on the same nights.

Wouldn't cost half as much to put the gig on which would allow for a more affordable night out for the punters! .................then miserable old fart tight wads like meself (and a few others) could afford it.

my question is, how the hell are they gonna top this line up? i mean, its obvious this gig is gonna be a stormer with the line up on both nights, but, were does it go from here? i mean, peeps aren't gonna have that kinda cash to splash on a monthly basis, and if the next gig isn't as big, well the only way it can go is down. i think dilly and the lads have played their trump card to early so to speak, what could top this one, anyone?

Not heard this in donkey's. Never knew the name of it, just found out. House music at it's best. Love it.

es-cee wrote: »
    my question is, how the hell are they gonna top this line up? i mean, its obvious this gig is gonna be a stormer with the line up on both nights, but, were does it go from here? i mean, peeps aren't gonna have that kinda cash to splash on a monthly basis, and if the next gig isn't as big, well the only way it can go is down. i think dilly and the lads have played their trump card to early so to speak, what could top this one, anyone?

i've got it ;) carl cox, is the only thing that could possibly top this night. hope dilly and the lads can afford his 15,000 yoyo price tag...... oh wait, with the price of this gig they'll deffo be able to afford it..... hurray :p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

All the lads back in the ASYLUM for one full night till the morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 400 ✭✭bluemoon2010

anyone have a decent enough quality of Ed Case Live In The Asylum 1994, for those who havent yet heard the mix you should check it out heres a sample i came across on the youtube :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n6ambfeKHok&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

anyone have a decent enough quality of Ed Case Live In The Asylum 1994, for those who havent yet heard the mix you should check it out heres a sample i came across on the youtube :)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/n6ambfeKHok&quot; frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Say it be hard to get a decent copy tbh...

this was another track along with that 'alex whitcombe - ice rain' track that used to get caned by my mate years ago when out and about on jack n jills as a teen :D not too bad really now that i think of it, used to hate it back then tho lol, was a sure sign when i'd hear the likes of this that i had to run home for a walkman and some tapes or i woulda been tormented all night haha :D:D:D

theres a remix of ice rain thats actually better ace, but i don't seem to be able to find it on yt?

• Advertisement

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aceberg
    Where's all the ones i gave ya....lol

Here's all the pressure mixes i have tell me what ya want and i'll u/l them

FILE PRESSURE - Asylum 21-5-94.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Feb17_1996_2fm.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incandesence.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideA).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideB).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Journeys In Dance.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - NUCLEAR SIGN-ASYLUM.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Open Your Mind.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 3.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side A.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side B.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (a).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (b).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE (PROMO) LIVE IN THE MIX - CLUB F.M. 28-11-97.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ Rob - Live at the Asylum - Yellow Cover.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (TECHNICS).mp3

well Ace have you any of these on you :)

this was another track along with that 'alex whitcombe - ice rain' track that used to get caned by my mate years ago when out and about on jack n jills as a teen :D not too bad really now that i think of it, used to hate it back then tho lol, was a sure sign when i'd hear the likes of this that i had to run home for a walkman and some tapes or i woulda been tormented all night haha :D:D:D

theres a remix of ice rain thats actually better ace, but i don't seem to be able to find it on yt?

Might be this 1 Sean.Have it on mp3 can't find it on y/t

ALEX WHITHCOMBE & BIG C - ICE RAIN (XTRAVAGANZA)

love this 1.

used to love this aswell

aceberg wrote: »
    Might be this 1 Sean.Have it on mp3 can't find it on y/t

ALEX WHITHCOMBE & BIG C - ICE RAIN (XTRAVAGANZA)

thats it, i have it on vinyl here somewere, not goin rootin as it would take me ages to find it among the others but its my fav mix of the lot.

just after checking cogs there, think its the Heliotropic Epic Vocal

this is the vinyl release on xtravaganza records anyway http://www.discogs.com/Alex-Whitcombe--Big-C-Ice-Rain/release/424267

Quote:
    Originally Posted by aceberg
    Where's all the ones i gave ya....lol

Here's all the pressure mixes i have tell me what ya want and i'll u/l them

FILE PRESSURE - Asylum 21-5-94.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Attack (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Feb17_1996_2fm.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - FLOORCONTROL (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Incandesence.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideA).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Infinite Climax (SideB).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Journeys In Dance.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - NUCLEAR SIGN-ASYLUM.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Open Your Mind.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 2.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod 3.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side A.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod Vol.3 Side B.MP3
    FILE PRESSURE - Technobod.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (a).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE - Wonderland (b).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE (PROMO) LIVE IN THE MIX - CLUB F.M. 28-11-97.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ Rob - Live at the Asylum - Yellow Cover.mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE A).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (SIDE B).mp3
    FILE PRESSURE aka DJ ROB LIVE @ ASYLUM (TECHNICS).mp3

well Ace have you any of these on you :)

Have them all.

Have them all.

have u the links for them on you there handy mate woudnt mind havin a listen to them never herd them

:D One of me alltime fav house tunes,and prized vinyls,I've a few Ugly bug releases here (was a great label)

I actually like the flipside but not a patch on the Shaker mix ....

a few other 'Uglies'

and what about the classic ....

:cool::cool::cool:

:D One of me alltime fav house tunes,and prized vinyls,I've a few Ugly bug releases here (was a great label)

I actually like the flipside but not a patch on the Shaker mix ....:cool::cool::cool:

i actaully prefer the flip to the piano mix hide.gif

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

I actually like the flipside but not a patch on the Shaker mix ....

a few other 'Uglies'

and what about the classic ....

:cool::cool::cool:

A couple of nice Side's and Harp, Classics.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement