Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

two good tracks seanyboy! here is a few tracks i have in the car at the mo!
    there a bit housey,i must be getting old:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

id say these two where played at the olympic etc..

Euphoria - Mercurial (1992)

Shi-Take - (In The Age Of) Perfect Virtue

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Johnnyd1977

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Very Quite here lately,
    Have a listen these little Olympic classics.
    Do any of you remember the glasses you got in that shop Forbidden Planet. You used to see people with them on in the Olympic. They were kaleidoscopic glasses, everything looked mental through them, especially the lazers.

Taiko - Echo Drop 1994
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nlmnzj1lz4m

Excellent track there seany, used to go down a treat in sides, Loved all those piano bits you'd hear in there on a fri night:D

• Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭theasylumdublin

lads i found these 2 mixes durin the week , lots of old treats ,,have a go of them , hope you like them .... thanks to marko for transfering them once again!!! i have to learn how to use more software !!!!! any way have a good weekend and hope to dee you all in the vaults on halloween night !!

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gjkjdrekmzz/Pablo Axcperience.m4a

http://www.mediafire.com/file/gmyo4kymxgz/01 Hablando Set_ old school transfer.m4a

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

Great tracks being posted, haven't listened to that Shi-Take track in ages, love it. Reminded me of 'Don't Look Back In Anger' by them also, surprised to find it wasn't on youtube so sorted that :pac:

Another classic also on Zoom, the excellent Herbal Infusion - The Hunter. Early Leftfield...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

GENTLEMEN CHECK THE FOLLOWING...THIS IS RAVE FANTASY WORLD WITH A LINE UP LIKE THIS:eek::eek::eek:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=57689451#post57689451

http://www.fantazia.org.uk/Event%20info/fantazia_newyear08_queclub.htm

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

ABSOLUTELY AMAZING :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFzxE6EXcPg

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Some oldskool classics from way back.............

lads here find this elusive react compilation !!! Mrs woods contains some of my favorite asylumers. help yourselves you vinyl junkies ! P

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b4231f87aada4266e26b141119a8bc94325da5f14cf91b01

65436.jpeg
    [IMG]file:///C:/DOCUME%7E1/PAULBU%7E1/LOCALS%7E1/Temp/moz-screenshot.jpg[/IMG]

Hi mate, you have just uploaded the data files off the CD ,
    you need to rip and convert your tunes to mp3.

This tune is a classic...

E-rection - Suck My Dang-a-long (1992)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

Some oldskool classics from way back.............

You are on my exact wave lenght AL same taste mate. One night with a few cans I found loads of gems, never saved them though:( I Must try again. Dont suppose you have mp3's of the first two?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 220 ✭✭Entec

Felixdhc wrote: »
    Great tracks being posted, haven't listened to that Shi-Take track in ages, love it. Reminded me of 'Don't Look Back In Anger' by them also, surprised to find it wasn't on youtube so sorted that :pac:

Another classic also on Zoom, the excellent Herbal Infusion - The Hunter. Early Leftfield...

yeah its a great track , very well produced..lucky enough to have it on vynil

i have this aswell :) true quality

(A side) Shi-Take - Mind Racin

( B side ) Shi-Take - Lifeforce

http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=yJ_JLP9MeU4

Hi mate, you have just uploaded the data files off the CD ,
    you need to rip and convert your tunes to mp3.

ah balls ,,, sorry bou that lads !! i will get it sorted .. !!! oops !!! p

A good old tune this one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

two good tracks seanyboy! here is a few tracks i have in the car at the mo!
    there a bit housey,i must be getting old:rolleyes:
    Aw man I love that track. Was only listening to it the other day too. Ahhh mammaries!!!

Great track but I prefer this mix...

Can any of youse recognize the lyrics from a track from yester year please.
    90's track, my better half is seeking this one.

I think this track is called stars:confused:
    Lyrics in track.

'I'd like to eat you up so I can taste you days later'
    'Stars lighting up your face, millions of stars'

Love this track

Can any of youse recognize the lyrics from a track from yester year please.
    90's track, my better half is seeking this one.

I think this track is called stars:confused:
    Lyrics in track.

'I'd like to eat you up so I can taste you days later'
    'Stars lighting up your face, millions of stars'

I know the tune your on about Seanboy,
    They use to play it in Rumors and the The Harp a lot,
    It's kind of a slow song, but a good old tune ,
    My mate should know.. I'll get back o you,

I'am sure the name of the tune is STARS.

The name of the Band is on the tip of my tounge..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

is it poppers

Can any of youse recognize the lyrics from a I know the tune your on about Seanboy,
    They use to play it in Rumors and the The Harp a lot,
    It's kind of a slow song, but a good old tune ,
    My mate should know.. I'll get back o you,

I'am sure the name of the tune is STARS.

AL, I was expecting you to come accr;)ss

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

• Advertisement

moany wrote: »

Good man Moany, I could remember the Ice pop on the front of the cover of
    the 12 ", Could'nt think of the band , I knew the tune was called Stars.
    :eek:

Ah good man MOANY,
    You put a big smile on my better halfs face:)
    Very New Romantic sound to it and a taste of 'Alive & Kicking - Simple Minds'
    And well done DJALOLDSKOOL and SENAN for sussin it too.

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭moany

Ah good man MOANY,
    You put a big smile on my better halfs face:)
    Very New Romantic sound to it and a taste of 'Alive & Kicking - Simple Minds'
    And well done DJALOLDSKOOL and SENAN for sussin it too.
    i remember a dj on club fm always playing it , jason d i think his name was, he always finished his show with it, i think it was big in the harp aswell

i remember a dj on club fm always playing it , jason d i think his name was, he always finished his show with it, i think it was big in the harp aswell

Thats spot on m/8, she said the same thing too;)
    If you're after anything in particular, giz a shout.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

lads was on a page last nite mrs woods teaches techno,but can't find it now anybody know where it is or have it for u/l again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Very Quite here lately,
    Have a listen these little Olympic classics.

Taiko - Echo Drop 1994
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nlmnzj1lz4m

[URL="http://"][/URL]

One of my favs alright but never remember it in the Olympic.

I remember it well form an old Warren K tape that we used to listen to all the time at parties etc, it was one of those tapes that was played until it was worn out.

Thanks for that Seanyboy:pac:

Cheers,
    Mick

Lads, can anyone tell me what type of music I should expect on Friday night?
    Ok I know its house, techno ect. but from what year will most of the music be from? Will we be lucky enough to here all the classics from 90/91? Or are all the tracks going to be from 94+? anyone any ideas?

paddy

Lads, can anyone tell me what type of music I should expect on Friday night?
    Ok I know its house, techno ect. but from what year will most of the music be from? Will we be lucky enough to here all the classics from 90/91? Or are all the tracks going to be from 94+? anyone any ideas?

paddy
    IS THIS THE VAULTS GIG YOUR REFERRING TO ? P

Lads here is the final of my old relic minidisc sets i had at home. There are a few little skips and jumps in the first 10 minutes , but i reckon its worth a listen.all 1994 95 ish ,save the file and it will open with windows media player. It saved in a weird format for some reason ! I really need to do a computer course !!! Im retarded in front of a computer its shameful ! anyway have a go and let me know if it wont download. tracklisting is vague as I never read my records !! oops !! most of em are right I think !!! hhaha .I know what they all look like thats the main thing for me ! P

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ymtryz2zmw/DJ Pablo Lionrock old school

Lionrock lionrock
    Leftfield song of life
    Sublime transamericans
    DJ Hell my definition of house
    Double FM terminal amnesia
    Leftfield Not forgotten
    Hope ad Tree frog
    Yeukama ???? cant remember !!
    Johnn L Make me work
    Lionrock Carnival
    Son of god ?? cant remember !!
    Sonexuno Alchemy
    D.O.P Lion
    Back 2 front Viewfinder
    Eat static gulf breeze
    Indie apollonia

• Advertisement

IS THIS THE VAULTS GIG YOUR REFERRING TO ? P

it is indeed!

it is indeed!
    ah sound , well im opening the proceedings at 10 o clock in the cocktail bar so I will be playing all old stuff as thats all I do ! I was going to do a brainstorm trechno set , but its far too heavy for that hour of the night !! so I will be going nice and easy lots of well known house/trance/ some tech numbers too ! all good !!! I lived in the asylum so thats what I do ! P. see ya friday !

ah sound , well im opening the proceedings at 10 o clock in the cocktail bar so I will be playing all old stuff as thats all I do ! I was going to do a brainstorm trechno set , but its far too heavy for that hour of the night !! so I will be going nice and easy lots of well known house/trance/ some tech numbers too ! all good !!! I lived in the asylum so thats what I do ! P. see ya friday !

sounds good! so you good the first hour?

yes sir ! I will be there ten bells ! and we will warm things up nicely ! sounds like ****in loads going in ! and fancy dress ! im really looking forward to it , hopefull meet a few boards crew too , I will be finished at 11 so you wil find me at the bar !! hahhahah, im dressing up as an alcoholic !!! lol P

quote=stomprockin;57712470]sounds good! so you good the first hour?[/quote]

yes sir ! I will be there ten bells ! and we will warm things up nicely ! sounds like ****in loads going in ! and fancy dress ! im really looking forward to it , hopefull meet a few boards crew too , I will be finished at 11 so you wil find me at the bar !! hahhahah, im dressing up as an alcoholic !!! lol P

quote=stomprockin;57712470]sounds good! so you good the first hour?
    [/QUOTE]

i think there is a lot going from boards! ill try and get there for about 10! ill pop up to the dj-box and tell you what to play;) i too will be dressed as a alcoholic:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

aceberg wrote: »
    lads was on a page last nite mrs woods teaches techno,but can't find it now anybody know where it is or have it for u/l again.
    Been trying to get that meself Ace, have an incomplete download from Soulseek, only managed to get first 5 tunes off it :mad:
    This is the 1st tune off it, brilliant track but tempo is a bit down on this video..
    Alternative Energy - Energy1

! I was going to do a brainstorm trechno set , but its far too heavy for that hour of the night !!
    Can you do a mix of that stuff anyway Pablo and post it on here ?
    Maurizio Braccagni - Tribal Techno

• Advertisement

Derra , I will indeed do a brainstorm set anyway ive colected quite alot of them and I ****in love them , good and hard , not everyones cuppa but i used love boppin to them back in the madhouse , and they are brilliant to mix with .

now MRS WOOODS TECAHES TECHNO ! I think I have it sorted it now .. try this link ... let meknow if its bogey cause im a disaiter at mediafire ive already ****ed it up over the weekend already !!! so here goes !

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b4231f87aada42667172638919447f8b83ab7ffb4eda4f1a

cover001rr2.jpg

Derra , I will indeed do a brainstorm set anyway ive colected quite alot of them and I ****in love them , good and hard , not everyones cuppa but i used love boppin to them back in the madhouse , and they are brilliant to mix with .

now MRS WOOODS TECAHES TECHNO ! I think I have it sorted it now .. try this link ... let meknow if its bogey cause im a disaiter at mediafire ive already ****ed it up over the weekend already !!! so here goes !

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b4231f87aada42667172638919447f8b83ab7ffb4eda4f1a

cover001rr2.jpg

Spot on Pablo, downloaded them no bothers:) Much appreciated :cool:
    Look forward to that mix, love the hard stuff like that :)
    Here is a belter :cool:
    Maurizio Braccagni - 160 BPM

And 2 Mrs Wood tunes i just posted on YouTUBE :)
    Mrs. Wood - The Awakening
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=6Jx3LZ7NNhQ
    Mrs. Wood - Calamity Jane
    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=lYgvDQAT-dk

happy days Derra , you can fire them up on you tube now !! your channell is coming on nicely !!I have not got a clue how to upload on youtube!!! lol mrs woods will fit perfect ! Maurizio Braccagni - 160 BPM this is the tune that inspired that rotterdam termination scource POING ! another mental track . x fade eep is my favorite i have a few of them in a folder here hang on , you may have these already ..

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b4231f87aada42668066db0503cf4f2cb81f0307c6d92941

Pablo.

here is a jeff mills mix from Tokyo 1995!
    full on! thought some of you here might like this?

this is Segment 1 - http://www.mediafire.com/?otzkjjqthtj

i will put the other 2 segments up later

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭DEVOTION

it is indeed!

I'll be playing a Sound Crowd/Red records tribute set at the Vaults gig with loads of the best tracks from some of the pioneers of Irish dance music. It'll be something different than the main room as most of the Asylum stuff will be covered in there.

happy days Derra , you can fire them up on you tube now !! your channell is coming on nicely !!I have not got a clue how to upload on youtube!!! lol mrs woods will fit perfect ! Maurizio Braccagni - 160 BPM this is the tune that inspired that rotterdam termination scource POING ! another mental track . x fade eep is my favorite i have a few of them in a folder here hang on , you may have these already ..

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=b4231f87aada42668066db0503cf4f2cb81f0307c6d92941

Pablo.
    Cheers Pablo, will use a couple of those for YouTube, ones that have not been up already. Use windows movie maker for videos to upload on YouTube Pablo, simple to use. Gis a shout if ya want a hand with it.Some cracking tunes in that folder,had a good few of them here anyway. Like that X-Fade- Tribal Trip :) See Basic Gravity-Northern Light there is well, great tune.
    1st record i bought for decks years ago was Basic Gravity - Rajah..a belter:)

DEVOTION wrote: »
    I'll be playing a Sound Crowd/Red records tribute set at the Vaults gig with loads of the best tracks from some of the pioneers of Irish dance music. It'll be something different than the main room as most of the Asylum stuff will be covered in there.
    Sounds good Devo and different from the norm :) Be some booking if a promoter got those two boys back together :) Looks to be great night in there Friday, best of luck to all involved :)
    Don't think i be raving this Friday, pub crawl around the town dressed up :D
    Might slip in to see X-Ray in Liquid for a while if possible..

alright Dev , good idea lots of crackers on red ! look forward to havin bit of crack on friday night , I have rooting out some of the not so well known stuff , all the anthems have been thrashed around the past while so im lookin forward to playin some quirky tunes b sides etc. what are ya dressin up as ?????? !! no dodging the fancy dress !!! lol P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 dayo41

story P, any word yet?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Anyone got

Johnny L - Make me work (Turn me around)

Cheers in Advance.....

Ah your back Luke;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 408 ✭✭Luke G

Ah your back Luke;)

That's me, ya headin friday???

Just listening to it now - for some reason I can now download from mediafire in work, it was blocked by IT in the past, I'm taking full advantage of it;) People sitting around me want to know what radio station I'm listening to:confused:

As for being retarded on a PC, I was described as MS-Word illiterate in the past LOL.
    Is it possible to change it to mp3 so I can burn it to CD for the car?

Cheers,
    Mick
    Lads here is the final of my old relic minidisc sets i had at home. There are a few little skips and jumps in the first 10 minutes , but i reckon its worth a listen.all 1994 95 ish ,save the file and it will open with windows media player. It saved in a weird format for some reason ! I really need to do a computer course !!! Im retarded in front of a computer its shameful ! anyway have a go and let me know if it wont download. tracklisting is vague as I never read my records !! oops !! most of em are right I think !!! hhaha .I know what they all look like thats the main thing for me ! P

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4ymtryz2zmw/DJ Pablo Lionrock old school

Lionrock lionrock
    Leftfield song of life
    Sublime transamericans
    DJ Hell my definition of house
    Double FM terminal amnesia
    Leftfield Not forgotten
    Hope ad Tree frog
    Yeukama ???? cant remember !!
    Johnn L Make me work
    Lionrock Carnival
    Son of god ?? cant remember !!
    Sonexuno Alchemy
    D.O.P Lion
    Back 2 front Viewfinder
    Eat static gulf breeze
    Indie apollonia

DEVOTION wrote: »

I wont be in on Friday:( other commitments.

Your set sounds interesting, will you be recording it? Wouldn't mind getting a listen to it afterwards.

Good luck to all playing on Friday night.

I like the fancy dress code - I would deffo be going as an alco.....It'll be hard to pick a winner for the best dressed Alco..or is that the worst dressed?????? You probably wont get in dressed as a down and out with a bottle in a brown paper bag.

Cheers,
    Mick

This is quality lads, particularly disc 3 which needs to be played through to appreciate the tracks and mixing on it. Some nice Olympic classics on it. So download and enjoy;)

A Retrospective of House 91' - 96' Volume 3

Paul 'Trouble' Anderson (Disc 1)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?0yjmh0wxmin

John Kelly (Disc 2)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fxczcm01nbp

Norman Jay (Disc 3)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?nnjpt5desym

ARetrospectiveOfHouse91-95Volume3Fr.jpg
    ARetrospectiveOfHouse91-95Volume3Ba.jpg

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement