Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The Asylum/Oldskool thread

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,936 ✭✭✭stomprockin

SEANYBOY1 wrote: »
    Dont forget Tallaght/Dundrum at the back left corner over the mineral bar.
    I remember a few people from Finglas who would be around the middle right hand side of the floor if you where facing the DJ and the boys from Lucan would be on the opposite side of the floor. There were also Crumlin people under the left hand side balcony if you are facing the DJ. And a couple of Ringend people up on the balcony corner over the fellas toilet side.
    Remember right around the dance floor there was a step up of a couple on inches from the dance floor. This went in about 2 metres the whole lenght of the left and right hand sides of the dance floor where the balcony over hung and there was seats all along each side where you might catch a rare glimps of an Olympic skagger. You would see people sitting along the step waiting for their favourite tune to come on. When it came they'd spring up of it and onto the dance floor. Also remember the alcove in the arched couches right at the back of the dance floor that was where the Killinarden(Tallaght) heads would be. I would be doing laps of the place meself like the Tazmanian Dare Devil:D
    It was gas, every week religiously you would see the same faces in the same places!
    Remember the dance off's at the top corner of the dance floor at the fellas toilet side?

LOL:D:D fare play to your memory! :) dont forget the people doing superman in the middle of the floor,when 3 or 4 lads picked someone up and held them in the air and start spining them around! :D
    and a few lads over at the gents bottom floor in bits because of 1 to many MB:D.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭SEANYBOY1

LOL:D:D fare play to your memory! :) dont forget the people doing superman in the middle of the floor,when 3 or 4 lads picked someone up and held them in the air and start spining them around! :D
    and a few lads over at the gents bottom floor in bits because of 1 to many MB:D.

Paddy I can remember what I done 15 years ago as clear as a bell but I cannot remember what I done 2 days ago:eek:
    Ah yeah supermans. One could make there way from the back right up to the front of the hall:D
    I remember one night one huge bloke he must of weighed at least 20 stone, no waffle, and about 3 or 4 people around him giving him a bear hug all at once. He was mad out of it, crazy.
    The fellas jacks, I could write a book on that place alone.
    One of my first times in the Olympic there was this fella holding down the water tap (this was before the scaby bastards turned them off) all night long on a mad love buzz for thirsy ravers. Now I mean all night, hours in there he was. I tryed to get him out a few times that night but, nah he was having none of it, he found his niche, looper.
    Seen some freak puking green bile up one night:eek: bad pill me thinks!
    Another night people stormed into the jacks in a mad panic with this fella who was being lifted in by four people one on each limb. He looked unconscience, eyes closed and all. They were all putting water on his face and rubbing him trying to snap him out of it. I just said to them leave him alone altogether. They did and with that he came round after about 30 seconds and went straight back out to the dance floor. That was because the rushes were so good from them M.B.'s that if you were on the brink as in outta of it, the slightist thing as in a good tune, a sup of coke, a smoke, someone bumping off you, a smile from a stranger was enough to send you off:pac:
    If you ever done the M.B.'s then you'll know exactly what I mean:P
    Oh yeah remember the mad things swallowing their tongues and collapsing in front of you on the dance floor and people diving on them and pulling the tongue back out. They'd go into the jacks for a sup of magic water only to come back out and repeat the whole thing again.
    There was this fella called Dotsy from Lucan who used to be in the jacks throwing 'hand fulls' of water up into the air. It would come back down as big drops through this metal grid that was on the ceiling and he would be catching them, there would be a crowd around him watching this.
    Oh yeah my mate claimed him 'had' some bird from Ringend in the jacks one night. This bird had short black curly hair, a real weirdo.
    Am I the only person to witness/remember this mad stuff in the Olympic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

i remember the mad bastards man were they out of this world man they wud blow the head off u bigtime i remember in sides one nite and i went downstairs 2 the jack and just as i came down there was a bird i worked with from crumlin cant think of her name but she was on the little bench as u cum down the stairs i went over out of the nut 2 say hi and just as i looked there she was banging up man was an eye opener was in sides aswell the nite the guy died outside i seen him drop upstairs at the fire exits at the back then the lads got him and got him sorted out then he came down half way and went again was ****ing unreal man i was in bits looking at him a few of us went over but his m/8s had him then the bouncers got him outside away from sides poor bloke another nite going 2 the asylum after sides the uncle wasa bouncer in the asylum so rang him he had pills 4 me and the m/8s we came down by golden discs and as we came around sum guy just pissed it up towards o connell st 2 guys after him with a sword mad **** and we are all still here 2 tell the tales

• Closed Accounts Posts: 138 ✭✭bmooney

i remember the mad bastards man were they out of this world man they wud blow the head off u bigtime i remember in sides one nite and i went downstairs 2 the jack and just as i came down there was a bird i worked with from crumlin cant think of her name but she was on the little bench as u cum down the stairs i went over out of the nut 2 say hi and just as i looked there she was banging up man was an eye opener was in sides aswell the nite the guy died outside i seen him drop upstairs at the fire exits at the back then the lads got him and got him sorted out then he came down half way and went again was ****ing unreal man i was in bits looking at him a few of us went over but his m/8s had him then the bouncers got him outside away from sides poor bloke another nite going 2 the asylum after sides the uncle was a bouncer in the asylum so rang him he had pills 4 me and the m/8s we came down by golden discs and as we came around sum guy just pissed it up towards o connell st 2 guys after him with a sword mad **** and we are all still here 2 tell the tales ps thats when tabs were class and pure no crap in them like now a days

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,344 ✭✭✭Is mise le key

If Mick doesn't get that 'Hype' one up for ya, give me a shout, I have that buried somewhere myself. From what I can remember it had a Hardcore Exctasy feel to it.

Sound for this Seany......but i would say about that album (this is hype) it was kind of steered away from the commercial side a bit more than Hardcore ecstasy.....dont know what the deal was with the series of albums Hardcore ecstasy & Essential Hardcore, they always had a few class tracks on em & a few really dodgy tracks.......like Essential Hardcore.....
    essentail.jpg

The second side (i had it on tape) the last 8 :rolleyes:tracks from Anticappella to the Shamen were all class tracks but the first side was very questionable to be passed off as a RAVE collection:confused:
    Another night people stormed into the jacks in a mad panic with this fella who was being lifted in by four people one on each limb. He looked unconscience, eyes closed and all. They were all putting water on his face and rubbing him trying to snap him out of it. I just said to them leave him alone altogether. They did and with that he came round after about 30 seconds and went straight back out to the dance floor.

Mate of mine was at this all the time....you would be guaranteed (cully was his name) would blackout at least once in a night & have to be shouldered down to the jacks to get water thrown on him & like a chicken with its head just cut off he'd spring up & out again to the middle of the dancefloor.....:pac::pac::pac:
    Oh yeah remember the mad things swallowing their tongues and collapsing in front of you on the dance floor and people diving on them and pulling the tongue back out. They'd go into the jacks for a sup of magic water only to come back out and repeat the whole thing again.

There was definetley somthing in the water in the OLYMPIC as it seemed to be able to revive & bring people back from the brink no end......Indiana Jones was upstairs with the Holy Grail filling the water tank most likley:D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 254 ✭✭NovaGSi

Ah sound for that Mick.....bought that album on bootleg tape way back & couldnt for the life of me say where it went.......but thought it was only the dogs cock when i had got it & my mates didnt dig it at all......same mates that didnt dig it found it hard to go from the OLYMPIC to the ASYLUM aswell....look forward to hearing it again chief:D;)

Try this..

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=44618c82169c33e6ab1eab3e9fa335ca833b84b6a085aef5

http://www.discogs.com/release/50070

Let me know if the download works.

Yeah, same here, none of the lads were into this CD at all, they all wanted to hear the "catchy tunes" from the Olympic, I always loved a good stomper.

Cheers,
    Mick

A mate of mine, Paddy, was big into that, we called them a "Helicopter"

He'd get a lad across his shoulders and spin around for what felt like ages, he'd get as much of a rush as the guy on his shoulders.

I remember one guy coming down off Paddy's shoulders and he was blacked out:eek:fcuked, took awhile to come around.

Does anyone remember the two guys that would always be dancing up on the stage/tables infront of the DJ? They looked like twins, blond, tight cut hair. They were always there, never left the stage.

Cheers,
    Mick

NovaGSi wrote: »
    Try this..

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=44618c82169c33e6ab1eab3e9fa335ca833b84b6a085aef5

http://www.discogs.com/release/50070

Let me know if the download works.

Yeah, same here, none of the lads were into this CD at all, they all wanted to hear the "catchy tunes" from the Olympic, I always loved a good stomper.

Cheers,
    Mick

Just took them all down there Mick big thanks for that......havnt heard a good few of them tracks in years just flicked through them & would have to say these are class stuff off it.....track 11 keeps saying 'No server available with this info on it' but all the rest are grand:D

2. Zentropa
    3. All systems are go
    5. Who is elvis
    6. Time to sweat
    9. Insomniak
    10. Ecstasy recall
    13. 21st Century schizoid man
    15. Fuse
    16. Insomniak 12"

I'll try track 11 again.

Glad to help ;)

Cheers,
    Mick

Just took them all down there Mick big thanks for that......havnt heard a good few of them tracks in years just flicked through them & would have to say these are class stuff off it.....track 11 keeps saying 'No server available with this info on it' but all the rest are grand:D

2. Zentropa
    3. All systems are go
    5. Who is elvis
    6. Time to sweat
    9. Insomniak
    10. Ecstasy recall
    15. Fuse
    16. Insomniak 12"

• Advertisement

2. Zentropa
    3. All systems are go
    5. Who is elvis
    6. Time to sweat
    9. Insomniak
    10. Ecstasy recall
    15. Fuse
    16. Insomniak 12"

Album art off this is good for a laugh.......

thisishype.jpg
    "In our state murderers die in the electric chair,
    .....................................mommy went first"

Lets try again - track 11, one of my fav off the album actually,

The cd cost £13.99 from Virgin back in the day.

It was the first non-Rap cd I saw with "Parental Advisory Explicit Lyrics" on it LOL

http://www.mediafire.com/file/wzy0dyywn5t/11 night demon.mp3

Cheers,
    Mick

Lets try again - track 11, one of my fav off the album actually,
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=44618c82169c33e6d2db6fb9a8902bda

Fair play well deserved to be fixed....is a great track in keeping with the Old Skool Techno sounds on there;)

Here are a few more mixes from across the water from way back;)

First one is a whole load of tunes with no interuptions over it.....:)
    Dj Swanee - Pressure Fm 1991 - Oldskool Rave, House, Techno, hardcore, Bleeps
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wqjcdf3xvd4

Here are a couple more mixes you should dig if harcore breakbeat is your buzz as they are old english.....(mmmm Olde English)......mixes of hardcore breakbeat stuff from back in the early days of the Rave's across the water:)

Old skool Hard core Vol.1
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mrojmxzmjjz

Old Skool Hard Core Vol.3
    http://www.mediafire.com/?lwni10xwzsl

DJ Slipmatt old skool Breakbeat 1991
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dnzjxyzxsx0

He'd get a lad across his shoulders and spin around for what felt like ages, he'd get as much of a rush as the guy on his shoulders.

I remember one guy coming down off Paddy's shoulders and he was blacked out:eek:fcuked, took awhile to come around.

Does anyone remember the two guys that would always be dancing up on the stage/tables infront of the DJ? They looked like twins, blond, tight cut hair. They were always there, never left the stage.

Cheers,
    Mick

I do remember those tables along the stage, they were all along the stage from left to right. They were like desks you had in school and they were around the back walls of the balcony too. There was always people, meself included, dancing on them facing the crowd with the DJ behind you. You would get a great view of the floor whilst in a cloud of smoke and lazers :) but I don't remember those guys Mick.
    There used to be a bloke who used to be there all the time around 1993 dressed up like the 'Dice Man' with a white painted face who had a black leather bowler hat, which was the style at the time, although not for me, who used to stand on one of those tables at the left corner, if your facing the stage, shouting 'Mad Bastards Mad Bastards Mad Bastards and pointing at the crowd as he done this. He was like a conductor with the crowd as he had the whole place shouting it back at him, mental it was. You can see him on one of the Olympic Videos Luke G posted up before. I was talking to Kavanagh in Radio City one night and we were talking about him, he told me his name but I cant remember it.
    However I do remember one night I was walking along them tables and I fell between two of them. At first I thought I broke a rib or two, the usual rescue brigade was at hand to help me up, sure I was fine but I got down off the tables after that. I remember talking to this bloke from Crumlin about a year after that and we were talking about stories from the Olympic and he said 'Did you ever see that fella who fell between two tables on the stage one night?' Small world or what!
    Anyone remember the bloke who used to wear red braces over a white t shirt in the Olympic?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 275 ✭✭Gen:FX

On Oldie : Mick Morrison - Live @ PA's - Dundalk 1996.

Sorry about the inconsistant audio track on this one, - it's direct from the video cam. :o - - Some of you will enjoy it anyhow, ;)

• Advertisement

great vid caf! the sound is not that bad!

ok,here is a few tunes i have recently uploaded on YT! if anyone whats the mp3 just give us a shout!

enjoy!!

Good morning lads,

heres another CD from '91, one of my mates brothers bought it just before we started going to the Olympic and we played it to death and everyone wanted it. Once we got into the Olympic buzz, funds for a Sat night was the most important thing, this CD got sold on so many times just to pay for a do-for or whatever...anyway it ended up with me:D

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=44618c82169c33e6ab1eab3e9fa335cabbb6be3f7d07f01d

http://www.discogs.com/release/242335

Let me know what you think???

It looks to be a rare and wanted CD on discogs:eek:

I still think it's deadly, never really heard this type of stuff when on a night out though.

Cheers,
    Mick

Once we got into the Olympic buzz, funds for a Sat night was the most important thing, this CD got sold on so many times just to pay for a do-for or whatever...anyway it ended up with me:D

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=44618c82169c33e6ab1eab3e9fa335cabbb6be3f7d07f01d

Nice one for this mix chief just took them all down there & had a flick through em...all good tracks...from 8 on are fuc.kin brilliant tunes would have got a great buzz off this back in 91:pac::p:):D
    I still think it's deadly, never really heard this type of stuff when on a night out though.

Only ever heard the one track off this in the OLYMPIC meself.....track number 3 'Anticappela - 2¬231' used to love this track years ago:)

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭Fitze

Fitze wrote: »
    Cheers on the baby front dude, I reckon this thread shall be about the limit of me partying come April, all good but:)
    quote]

You'll be having plenty of late nights and you'll be full of drugs..caffine...:eek:

but you're right, it's all good, better than good :D

Are you still in Porto?

Cheers,
    Mick

Yeah mate moved back about 4 years back, apologies on the delayed response, up to me tits in the job:(

Paddy I can remember what I done 15 years ago as clear as a bell but I cannot remember what I done 2 days ago:eek:
    Ah yeah supermans. One could make there way from the back right up to the front of the hall:D
    I remember one night one huge bloke he must of weighed at least 20 stone, no waffle, and about 3 or 4 people around him giving him a bear hug all at once. He was mad out of it, crazy.
    The fellas jacks, I could write a book on that place alone.
    One of my first times in the Olympic there was this fella holding down the water tap (this was before the scaby bastards turned them off) all night long on a mad love buzz for thirsy ravers. Now I mean all night, hours in there he was. I tryed to get him out a few times that night but, nah he was having none of it, he found his niche, looper.
    Seen some freak puking green bile up one night:eek: bad pill me thinks!
    Another night people stormed into the jacks in a mad panic with this fella who was being lifted in by four people one on each limb. He looked unconscience, eyes closed and all. They were all putting water on his face and rubbing him trying to snap him out of it. I just said to them leave him alone altogether. They did and with that he came round after about 30 seconds and went straight back out to the dance floor. That was because the rushes were so good from them M.B.'s that if you were on the brink as in outta of it, the slightist thing as in a good tune, a sup of coke, a smoke, someone bumping off you, a smile from a stranger was enough to send you off:pac:
    There was this fella called Dotsy from Lucan who used to be in the jacks throwing 'hand fulls' of water up into the air. It would come back down as big drops through this metal grid that was on the ceiling and he would be catching them, there would be a crowd around him watching this.
    Oh yeah my mate claimed him 'had' some bird from Ringend in the jacks one night. This bird had short black curly hair, a real weirdo.
    Am I the only person to witness/remember this mad stuff in the Olympic.

Jaysus dude serious memories there of both the jacks and those memorable mad bastards. Was a disciple of them.. On more than one occassion I was actually down the toilet trying to retrieve a nearly lost puked up MB, always found them however and probably had the best night of me life after:)

• Advertisement

Cheers,
    Mick

Mick you'd probably remember Big Rob from Malahide who was the king of the aul helipcopters spins, one of these, followed by a sniff of poppers, lights out.....

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭DjAloldskool

Good morning lads,

heres another CD from '91, one of my mates brothers bought it just before we started going to the Olympic and we played it to death and everyone wanted it. Once we got into the Olympic buzz, funds for a Sat night was the most important thing, this CD got sold on so many times just to pay for a do-for or whatever...anyway it ended up with me:D

Cheers,
    Mick

Nice one for the tunes,
    You are up early..

Hi all , I convert The Vaults Video 31 Oct 2008 to 3gp for your mobile,
    just bluetooth it or use the Data cable that came with your mobile to put it on your mobile..

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnimxytimnl

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Semtex3241

Wow,my little brother passed this thread on to me as it referenced a few spots i used to hit back in the day.without question the Temple of Sound was the premier spot of those days.Ken,who used the run the show there from week to week on saturdays,put stellar d.j's in that spot with the likes of dave clarke,andy weatherall(in his techno days),claude young,rocky and diesel,billy nasty and then some, and then backed up with johnny moy and billy scurry.it was a guaranteed good night,with an atmosphere that was unmatched in those days,including the likes of shaft,sides etc,which were excellent clubs by themselves.can't remember which gangster took over the ormond hotel,they pretty much killed off ken or cut him off with the d.j's and that was the end of the temple of sound.i was in there religiously every saturday night till i got barred for selling yokes,but at that time...it was close to the end anyway.

sides is a very close second however.

open this file with Winzip or Winrar, or rename the file and put .zip at the end of the name, then winzip or winrar will recognize it.

SL2 - DJs Take Control 12" (N.B - open with winzip or winrar)

http://www.4shared.com/get/31038047/...ontrol_12.html

Asylum.gif

Wouldn't mind those MP3's Paddy please.
    That 'Sublime' track is A ONE. Do you have the version that would have been played in the Olympic. 'Kickin In The Beat'.
    That track reminds me of these two girls who used to travel up from Cork every week just to go to the Olympic:eek:
    They said that Sublime track was a Sir Henry favourite and when it was played in the Olympic they went on a mad one:D
    That speaks volumes especially since they gave Sir Henrys (which equalled Dublins clubbing experience, was there just the once) a miss so they could travel up to Dublin. They used to be up on the balcony, needless to say they loved the place.

Intuition Dance with me (invention mix)

Pierce that track is one of my old favs and it's a genuine classic.
    Class stamped all over it. It was one of those tracks that I couldn't get out of my head. I have it on a tape but would love an MP3 of it if you have it please.

Regards,
    SEANYBOY1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 566 ✭✭✭senan s

Class stamped all over it. It was one of those tracks that I couldn't get out of my head. I have it on a tape but would love an MP3 of it if you have it please.

Regards,
    SEANYBOY1

the malco duffy mix is the best IMO, sure pierce was a trade dancer!! :)

Regards,
    SEANYBOY1

Here you go mate,

Intuition Dance with me

http://www.mediafire.com/?eqgj2mzw2dx
    ASY.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

Would anybody have Pad Faze - I Know to share ?
    Hard tune to find that is.

Have a look at this post by JDee if ya did'nt see it already, great bit of reading i must say :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416934&page=4

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭aceberg

derra wrote: »
    Would anybody have Pad Faze - I Know to share ?
    Hard tune to find that is.

Have a look at this post by JDee if ya did'nt see it already, great bit of reading i must say :)
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055416934&page=4

there ya go derra.good track.
    http://www.discogs.com/release/659441
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nnydxlgfznq

Nice one for the tunes,
    You are up early..

Enjoy, there is some great stuff on there, I'd still listen to the CD everynow and then :pac:

Another early start here:D

Cheers,
    Mick

Good morning all,

remember when the Olympic closed (the first time) does anyone remember The Sound Crowd gave away a special edition Olympic Ballroom RIP copy of their Olympic States EP???
    You had to be at Abbey Disc's (not the one in the mall) early one morning with the answer to a question written on a bit of paper - I've forgotten what the Q was.
    Anyway, I was living/studying in Dundalk at the time, got out of the bed at Dawns crack and got the first bus to Dub and was waiting outside Abbey Discs in the cold but it was worth it, I got my copy:D A mate of mine now has it, i donated it to his record collection, his was a bit better than my 1 record:P
    It was gas on the morning, people didn't know if the giveaway was in the mall or the shop on the street, everyone was running between the two shops.
    It was a bit of an anti-climax afterwards, I had some mad idea (wish) that there would be an early morning gig or something - dope.

Cheers,
    Mick

Wouldn't mind those MP3's Paddy please.
    That 'Sublime' track is A ONE. Do you have the version that would have been played in the Olympic. 'Kickin In The Beat'.
    That track reminds me of these two girls who used to travel up from Cork every week just to go to the Olympic:eek:
    They said that Sublime track was a Sir Henry favourite and when it was played in the Olympic they went on a mad one:D
    That speaks volumes especially since they gave Sir Henrys (which equalled Dublins clubbing experience, was there just the once) a miss so they could travel up to Dublin. They used to be up on the balcony, needless to say they loved the place.

no probs sean, here are a few tunes!!

Sublime - The Theme (Sublime Dub).
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ggzmnioyfyz

Sublime - The Theme. - I think this version might be the olympic one?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ioz2mzjnnxk

Ground Level - Dreams of Heaven - This brings some nice memorys :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nn5y0mgunzz

Harddrive - Into The Nature. remember this gem! real stomper :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?mnnj4gmttzf

Virtue - Feeling Good (New Dawn). big favorite of mine :D
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wijnuyzwtwq

Jaco - Show Some Love (Rhythm Invention Remix)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yojutmwjduj

Shi-Take - Lifeforce - Classic acid trance track, its a must if you dont have this already:D
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nohnidzonmk

more to follow:)
    enjoy!! paddy

Hi all , I convert The Vaults Video 31 Oct 2008 to 3gp for your mobile,
    just bluetooth it or use the Data cable that came with your mobile to put it on your mobile..

http://www.mediafire.com/?dnimxytimnl

Fair play to ya chief for doing a job on that.....i cant see youtube here & glad to have seen this.....cracker of a track i had forgotten completely all about until i seen this........:pac:

~Two tracks....The house is mine & Pioneers of the warped groove~
    The hypnotist (RAR file with vinyl art)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xtwczcgg13n

Few more tracks you probably all have......

Think Cribos was after a better copy of this...
    SPQR - Unlimited Dreams (320Kbps)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?agztuli2uln

They were just playing this on FM 104...if only they knew...I remember this being played on the top floor of the ASYLUM one morning in particular with a whole bunch of Dots & Doves after being consumed & even when i think about it now it gives me that adrenalin feeling in my stomach remebering how Ecstasy really felt when the right tune at the right time in the right place with the right people made you feel like you really did want this to last forever there was at least a group of 30 of us all buzzing together...some from Tymon, Crumlin, Greenhills, Clondalkin, Ballymun & the buzz in the place was ]Ecstacy] :p
    Guru josh - Infinity
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zi6lxtmjerd

Same buzz off a couple of tunes no matter how cheesy they might be considered now they were week in week out in the OLYMPIC tunes that gave that Ecstasy feeling from your gut right up to the top of your head:pac:
    N Trance - Set you free
    http://www.mediafire.com/?j1omiemmzmb
    Mix Factory - Take me away
    http://www.mediafire.com/?13n4dsmoahi

A couple of older tracks i got a great buzz off way back at the start of it all;)
    808 sate - Pacific state (Original)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sw1mjyedmlj
    N-Joi - Mindflux
    http://www.mediafire.com/?xdetf1zoln2
    Ultracynic - Nothing lasts forever
    http://www.mediafire.com/?zmkjtadmpi3

And finally one that was played just about everywhere & everyone Knows:D
    THK - France
    http://www.mediafire.com/?sqjyvh4ml2i (Original)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yjziivixcnj (Mars Mix)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?dzc9ngaiehd (Saturn Mix)

Any one tell me im not imagining this.....there was a good Rave band years ago called M.A.N.I.C. & they had a track called im coming hardcore but all i can find is this from 1996...........

]M.A.N.I.C. I’m Coming Hardcore ‘96]

Im 100% sure in my mind that there was a fuc.kin sh.it hot original version of it around 91 - 92 but cant get it....anyone have it or any other stuff by them & want to upload it would be great;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 mickam

Any one tell me im not imagining this.....there was a good Rave band years ago called M.A.N.I.C. & they had a track called im coming hardcore but all i can find is this from 1996...........

Im 100% sure in my mind that there was a fuc.kin sh.it hot original version of it around 91 - 92 but cant get it....anyone have it or any other stuff by them & want to upload it would be great;)

Your right about the m.a.n.i.c group alright,the version of i"m comin hardcore your lookin for is on underground records its an american label,and there is a track on the b-side which i myself think is better a true hardcore classic,will root it out and u/l it as soon as possible......cheers.

http://www.discogs.com/release/266301

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭mightybashful

There's one there Bones

M.A.N.I.A.C. - Gotta Get Loose

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ba4cb654656884afd2db6fb9a8902bda

Ah cheers Paddy 'n' DjAl, really appreciate those tracks lads.

Ground Level - Dreams of Heaven = :P:P:P:PExcellent bonus track you put up there Paddy and yes that second Sublime track was the Olympic version I wanted;)

Intuition - Dance With Me (Invention Mix) = ever lasting unknown classic which fortunatley wasn't destroyed by commercial pirate stations.
    Must be 92/93, a real early Olympic gem. Once again thanks AL:)

PS: Cheers ASYLUMKEY for banging up Ultracynic - Nothing Lasts Forever. That was one of those tunes you would just stand there and listen to in the Olympic and let the long intro finish before the beat kicked in, savage;) Meant to put up a request for this before.

Here is a track ASYLUMKEY from M.A.N.I.C. - Gotta Get Loose
    (:ooops see that someone else got in there before me, maybe they are 2 different mixes)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zbmtoxwoikw

And here is a bonus track for yall. Ye olde tune from early Olympic.
    MANIX - Feel Real Good
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?fo2sw2uyxy3

I'am going to upload it of my flash pen give us a little while, hope to have it up by 9 o'clock

This is one of two Versions from 1991-1992,
    this version was played alot on the Pirate stations back then...
    You should recognize it,;)

Manic - I'm Comin' Hardcore (remix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rntmvcwbmht

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,102 ✭✭✭derra

aceberg wrote: »

Ah good man Ace :) Much appreciated :cool:

• Advertisement

aceberg wrote: »

Fair play ACEBERG, I love that track. Thats on DJ Rob - House Pressure 2. I literally wasted my youth listeneing to that tape. It was the sound track to my Asylum times. When we were in the Asylum it was like listeneing to the tape over and over:D
    Reminds me of a mate who was the first to buy that tape and we all got a copy from him with our 'twin decks'. Unfortunately he isn't with us anymore.
    I have managed to get a few MP3's from the tape. I'll get the rest one day:rolleyes:

Have this on tape but would luv MP3 please. Can still remember this track from my first night in the Olympic Nov 92:eek:
    I'm counting on you DjAlOldSkool:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Lads can anyone please sort me out with a good quality MP3 of this cracker, an amazing tune, anyone who used to go the Ormond around 1995 will remember this seminal classic.

http://www.discogs.com/release/1407623

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z9YUl64_xw

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 mkeane

Sublime - The Theme. - I think this version might be the olympic one?
    http://www.mediafire.com/?ioz2mzjnnxk

Ground Level - Dreams of Heaven - This brings some nice memorys :)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?nn5y0mgunzz

Virtue - Feeling Good (New Dawn). big favorite of mine :D
    http://www.mediafire.com/?wijnuyzwtwq

Jaco - Show Some Love (Rhythm Invention Remix)
    http://www.mediafire.com/?yojutmwjduj

Shi-Take - Lifeforce - Classic acid trance track, its a must if you dont have this already:D

enjoy!! paddy

the files are set to private

enjoy!! paddy

These are the only ones Live chief......Hard Drive - into nature is a real gut buster for 7am in the morning ASYLUM and not an ounce of fluid left in ya:eek:
    mickam wrote: »
    Your right about the m.a.n.i.c group alright,the version of i"m comin hardcore your lookin for is on underground records its an american label,and there is a track on the b-side which i myself think is better a true hardcore classic,will root it out and u/l it as soon as possible......cheers.

http://www.discogs.com/release/266301

Cheers for that look forward to it......have or had (im not sure if i still have it will have to look) a live 30min set from a club in england of MANIC back in 92 called ESP or somthing like that will have a root.
    There's one there Bones

M.A.N.I.A.C. - Gotta Get Loose

http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=ba4cb654656884afd2db6fb9a8902bda

Cheers for that chief i know that tune but didnt know it was MANIC;)
    PS: Cheers ASYLUMKEY for banging up Ultracynic - Nothing Lasts Forever. That was one of those tunes you would just stand there and listen to in the Olympic and let the long intro finish before the beat kicked in, savage;) Meant to put up a request for this before.

Will see if i have any more hangin around anywhere:pac:
    Here is a track ASYLUMKEY from M.A.N.I.C. - Gotta Get Loose
    (:ooops see that someone else got in there before me, maybe they are 2 different mixes)
    http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?zbmtoxwoikw

Tis same size file as previous one so i presume it is the same mix nice one anyway:)
    This is one of two Versions from 1991-1992,
    Manic - I'm Comin' Hardcore (remix)

http://www.mediafire.com/?rntmvcwbmht

Thanks for that.....sounds a lot like the one i remember so is probably her alright fair play to ya:rolleyes:
    Have this on tape but would luv MP3 please. Can still remember this track from my first night in the Olympic Nov 92:eek:
    I'm counting on you DjAlOldSkool:D

Throw up the name Seany & I'll see if can dig it out for ya....cant see Vid:mad:

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement