Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Simulation, Diving, Faking...

• 15-06-2005 7:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭

Just watching Estonia v Portugal at the moment over on Setanta. Estonia got a throw at left back after some sloppiness from Figo. The Estonian lad took a bit of a run back hoping to launch a long throw upfield when Figo wlaked towards him as far as the touchline and as Estonian dude moved forward, Figo just walked into him with an elbow to his face. Then, FIGO goes to the ground holding his face. I can honestly say it was the most bizarre act of bad sportsmanship I've ever seen. What a w@n££r.

So, does anyone have any ideas how to stamp out what I think is the biggest problem in football today (at least on the pitch). I've even seen it at UCL, AUL and Astro 6-a-side level!

It's a disgrace. I reckon automatic three match ban for anyone CLEARLY proven guilty on video evidence. Not those who sometimes trip over their own feet (see David Dunn, Peter Crouch, Me etc.) but the clear cases like Ashley Cole against United a while ago and MANY other examples by EVERY team in the Premiership at least.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

In a perfect world..............

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Video evidence introduced

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭DamoRed

I hate seeing play acting like this. I certainly didn't want to see Figo at Liverpool in the first place, now with this, it's really made my mind up. It is one thing that is not present at Liverpool. Diouf was the last one to do that, but he's no longer blighting our club, just a signature away from permanent removal.

The Israeli keeper was a disgrace as well. but fifa in all their heads up their arse wisdom don't allow video evidence. "If we can't see it, it doesn't take place" Even if it was seen by millions on tv. It still doesn't matter. Then they put the onus and responsibility on the refs and linesmen. Well without eyes in the back of their heads, they can't always see everything. Some incidents happen in the run of play and they may or not be seen with a clear view. But some really snide stuff happens off the ball.

Damo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,011 ✭✭✭DoctorEdgeWild

I was playing a match last year (UCL) and one of their guys was diving left, right and centre. After the match, his manager gave him a complete b0llcking. Never came up against him again.

Figo is ertainly one of the more sly eyes out there. At least Klinnsmann was funny.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ziggy

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,921 ✭✭✭✭Pigman II

Thankfully tho every football culture isn't as bad as Portugal.

The Portugese IMHO are by far the worst offenders in world football when it comes to diving, gamesmanship etc.

You could have a team of Jurgen Klinsmanns and they wouldn't even come close.

Advertisement