Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rules?

Options
124»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

Wouldn't the same result from going on to collage

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

you are going to be stuck in the same place doing the same thing all your life if you dont move on. dont you want to get out and get on with life?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭kawaii

No, then you would be the twig that moves with the stream.

But your friends will move on to different things

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

Guys this is an interesting conversation :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

Bob wrote:
    a swig of buckfast.

ah buckie! would`nt mind a swig of it now. The pure bliss afterwards and the sweet taste, mmm. However I`ve got Accounting and Economics left so I`ll think I`ll give it a miss.

Despite being a buckie drinker I have to agree with kawaii, all your mates will be moving on with their lives in college while your stuck in the same place. I think it would be rather depressing to be honest. Live life to the full, hear and now, but man do`nt throw it all away (probably to late now)

7thSeal wrote:
    But your friends will move on to different things

Yes, but you will be moving at pace with life and with other people who are following a similar life to yours.

Same with repeating

No, then you are not moving at pace with life and you end up getting left behind.

But doing the repeat coarse
    You'd be in a class moving at your pace
    They would all be repeating too

• Advertisement

But it's still a waste of time.

Oh I give up. 'Tis too late to change things now anyway.

Any chance of you getting those 400 points?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Firstly i think you are a waste of space. Im repeating the leaving cert this year,not because i wanted to,but because of 2% in maths-it keeps me out of college. All my friends that were in my year have all moved on and grown up. You get distanced from your friends-and in your case condensing 2/3 years in one year will be a horrific year for you. It wasnt that bad for me,because i give a crap about school/college and life. I suggest you grow up before you go back and repeat! You'r only kidding yourself if you think you can do it all in one year.

I sincerly doubt it
    I need a B2 average

Ya, listen to chicken food.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 939 ✭✭✭chicken_food

Thanks Kawaii, I cant believe some people can still think like that 'living life in the now'! Stop wasting your parents money and do something! I think it also takes away from the hard work that most of us leaving cert students have put in!

Well your going to be distanced from most friends anyway because they would be gone to different collages

No probs, though don't get me wrong. I do believe in living in the now in the sense that if we keep looking forward we will never have the present.

However, to ignore the future would be foolish and can only lead to an unpleasent present (in the future).

Also, remember that the rock in the stream can only hinder the twigs: to remain idle is selfish as you end up dragging other people back with you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

kawaii wrote:
    No probs, though don't get me wrong. I do believe in living in the now in the sense that if we keep looking forward we will never have the present.

However, to ignore the future would be foolish and can only lead to an unpleasent present (in the future).

Also, remember that the rock in the stream can only hinder the twigs: to remain idle is selfish as you end up dragging other people back with you.

u shud do philosophy ur very...philosophical!!

kawaii wrote:

Only dead fish swim with the stream

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

You're a gob****e. Sorry about the ad hom, but really... either you're trying to get up people's noses now or you actually are just... well, I'd rather just think you were trying to annoy people.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Bright Smile

time moves so fast and your missing out big time- youre not mature enough to see that youll be getting wasted in ballygobackwards in 20 years time (aged 38, might i add) with nothing to show for yourself except a beer belly and a tolerance to clostridium-filled bacteria burgers from your local chipper van, from which you get a take away every thursday, friday, saturday and sunday night. You'll have gotten two 15 year olds pregnant in the meantime and no doubt be living with an old relative, **** yourself off to the sound of a two euro an hour phone sex minger, whose advert you found in the back of the news of the world which you bought for the free cd.
    get a life.you bug me big time.
    and your sig is really buggin the crap out of me...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

Leave the guy alone, its his life. Wont' make much difference to us..

People don't seem to realise 1 year won't ruin the rest of your life

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

they dont care about the year, you've a poor mentality

• Closed Accounts Posts: 259 ✭✭OTliddy

7thseal, can you really say that you are going to work your arse off next year?

P.S.That stream and rock image was obviously taken from W.B.Yeats "Easter 1916"

• Registered Users Posts: 39 camroc

time moves so fast and your missing out big time- youre not mature enough to see that youll be getting wasted in ballygobackwards in 20 years time (aged 38, might i add) with nothing to show for yourself except a beer belly and a tolerance to clostridium-filled bacteria burgers from your local chipper van, from which you get a take away every thursday, friday, saturday and sunday night. You'll have gotten two 15 year olds pregnant in the meantime and no doubt be living with an old relative, **** yourself off to the sound of a two euro an hour phone sex minger, whose advert you found in the back of the news of the world which you bought for the free cd.
    get a life.you bug me big time.
    and your sig is really buggin the crap out of me...

Maybe that's going a bit far... I like that Vega sig!

OTliddy wrote:
    P.S.That stream and rock image was obviously taken from W.B.Yeats "Easter 1916"

No, I don't know that.

I might look into that though so thanks.

And thanks to Shinny-dee, that was a nice compliment.

*adds to buddy list*

OTliddy wrote:
    7thseal, can you really say that you are going to work your arse off next year?

Yes

Advertisement