Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

MultiCat Provisional, What happens when you pass one?

Options
  • 15-06-2005 7:28pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭

So I passed my motorcycle test first time on a written off bike with only one mark against me for revving the nuts out of it during the slow ride so that it wouldn't die on me. Minimal practise, about an hour, in the month before the test.

So now I've got my provisional licence for A and B (bikes and cars), and a certificate of competency for A. I applied for my car test four to six weeks after applying for the bike test eight months ago so I’m expecting my notification for the car test any day now.

Here’s the thing, to get my full bike licence (urgent despite the fact I don’t have a bike so that my restriction period doesn’t end) I want to send it, the application for full licence and the certificate away tomorrow. My question is once they issue my pink category A licence will they send my green category A and B back to me or will they automatically issue a new B one?

I really need to get some driving lessons done sharpish as the only four wheeled vehicles I’ve driven since 1999 is a forklift and we drove those like we were in a demolition derby (with spikes). Does anyone have any experience with this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭Our man in Havana

They will return you a new B provo for the time left on the original. They are quite civilised about it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

Excellent, Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭a_ominous

Just to add one thing. When you have your full A licence and provisional B licence, there is no additional charge to add car to full licence when you pass the test.
    You will of course have to pay the 25 euro fee for the full licence now. When you get the full licence back it will show the restriction period as a "from" and "to" date. You'll see a <=25kW section in the A category and one blank bit with a beefier looking bike. LOL! Restriction starts from the time the corpo issue the licence, not from the date of passing the test. Cert of competency lasts for 1 year here, IIRC. 2 years in the UK.

I can't comment on whether new provisional will be issued. Had a full car licence for oooh, emmm, a long time before I got the bike and like you passed first time, just over 2 years ago.

Advertisement