Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IBB problems Ballymun mast?

• 15-06-2005 7:39pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭

Is anyone else having problems on the ballymun mast .. its geting to be a joke.. my speed is down to 85.6 kbps .. my download speed is 12 k/s that droped to 4 k/s from Irish broad bands own ftp server .. take a look at the images below.. I have contacted the "support service" who informed me that my line was perfect .. I also contacted the sales guy re the poor service, he seemed to think i was doing quite well getting a max of 128 kbps .. anyone know what is going on????

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Theres a lot of trouble on a lot of towers over the last few days. I'm assuming something central has been overloaded, but tbh, i don't know. I couldn't be bothered ringing up unless it goes on for more than 4 days, and so far i've had trouble for 3 days now.

Its still usable, pings are low, but max speed is about 80kB/sec, which is a tad slow for a 2meg line, but since i'm not downloading much at the moment, its fine.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 849 ✭✭✭Cr8or

LOL I wouldn’t mind if it was useable .. im getting 12 k/s up to a max of 35 .. What pissed me off more is that both support and sales told me that my service was fine .. and that I was pulling 212 k/s during the day .. I wouldnt mind but i wasnt even here to use it. :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shiny

Yeah my speeds are pretty poor also.

That outage a few days ago seems to have done more harm
    than good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Mine is sh1t too ! Ballycoolin ! pings are terrible thank god I'm coming to the end of the 12 month contract nearly finished !!

Cr8or wrote:
    LOL I wouldn’t mind if it was useable .. im getting 12 k/s up to a max of 35 .. What pissed me off more is that both support and sales told me that my service was fine .. and that I was pulling 212 k/s during the day .. I wouldnt mind but i wasnt even here to use it. :eek:
    I'm assuming you have no spyware, and that if you have a wireless router, no-one else is accessing it. Check those out, but i doubt thats causing the problem

Its just either they made up those figures, or you really are maxing out your connection...

• Advertisement

GOOD GOD!! support still have no clue what is going on .. The outage was yesterday morning .. no?

Support just confirmed that the problem is on IBB's side .. just did a speed test where I was downloading at 13 k/s that dropped to 11 k/s

No its not spyware or wifi .. im siting behind a bsd box that does traffic filtering.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭scojones

I'm supposed to be on a 2 meg line... here's my results.. :mad:

my connection is back to normal (at least for the moment).

i seem to be still on 21 k/s .. ibb asked me to do a download test overnight. has'nt moved over 22 k/s.

Advertisement