Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Windows Startup Question

• 15-06-2005 8:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭

Right When windows loads it comes up with the User login screen(I've no password)So i just click my name and it loads windows xp btw is it possible for it to keep the user login and just startup?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

it started happening me after a windows up date lately...

so the fix
    start > settings > control pannel > user accounts

then in click "change the way users log on or off"
    then unclick the 2 boxes.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Or if using things other than XP Home then try autologon
    www.sysinternals.com/ntw2k/source/misc.shtml

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,659 ✭✭✭PowerHouseDan

That didnt work Johny,and the auto login it wont allow blank passwords....
    it started happening me after a windows up date lately...

so the fix
    start > settings > control pannel > user accounts

then in click "change the way users log on or off"
    then unclick the 2 boxes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

Read somewhere recently that this had something to do with the ASP account being enabled, though wasn't paying attention.

How about TweakUI for XP, though should be doing the same as Captn's suggestion, perhaps SP2 changed something.

"
    Using TweakUI

Open TweakUI (Click Start, Programs, Powertoys for Windows XP). Expand the Logon branch, and click Autologon. Turn on the "Log on automatically at......" option, type your username and password, and click Ok.
    "
    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/Autologon.htm

Download from
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Aye check if there is an ASP account in the account settings and delete it. It appears after installing DotnetFx.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BTW: in XP using a Blank Password with the Admin account does a few funny things like no remote logon. So yes you should put in a password to keep it happy.

Advertisement