Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second Hand Books

• 15-06-2005 9:45pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,990 ✭✭✭

So you've finished your exams and want money to go out and have a good time. Parents can only give you so much money and you haven't been working cos you've been doing/studying for exams. The obvious thing to do is sell your books. Then you find out that all the courses have changed which means
    1. no money
    2. if you have to repeat you are in truth quite screwed
    They now dont take
    New explorations(apparently there's another new book)
    Geography books
    History books
    Irish books cos they're also changing the poems this year
    We really got screwed over!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,583 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

this **** happens every two/three years.

not much we can do about it, i'm burning all my books especially my german book.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 304 ✭✭Dagnir Glaurung

If anyone has the book of maths solutions I'd be glad to take it off their hands...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I have big chunks of Tech notes that will make a nice fire come end-of-Leaving Cert.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i've the last 10 years of all levels of maths solutions if you want it.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

Cool_CM wrote:
    So you've finished your exams and want money to go out and have a good time. Parents can only give you so much money and you haven't been working cos you've been doing/studying for exams. The obvious thing to do is sell your books. Then you find out that all the courses have changed which means
    1. no money
    2. if you have to repeat you are in truth quite screwed
    They now dont take
    New explorations(apparently there's another new book)
    Geography books
    History books
    Irish books cos they're also changing the poems this year
    We really got screwed over!
    It's really annoying, isn't it? My mother hates getting schoolbooks, so she said if I sell my own books then I can keep the money - this seems pretty lucrative alright, because I have two copies of most of my books (did this to save me carrying heavy books home whenever I had homework) and I have a lot of revision books as well - but they're probably not going to take most of them. Grrrr arrrgh

• Advertisement
Advertisement