Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did eircom charge high downloaders in the end?

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,020 ✭✭✭mang87

I've still not been charged, back with the 8GB capI usualy doubled it, since the upgrade generaly I go about 3-4gb over. Not been charged yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,981 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

WellyJ wrote:
    Ha ha ha, torrents........

Ha ha ha ha

Haha Newsgroups :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

rsynnott wrote:
    Should certainly be interesting to see what happens when they do start charging... Particularly interesting if they do it retroactively.

Worst comes to worst and they do charge for the last 6 months, which is the max they can do, ill just pay it, its not like the contract is clouded or anything, i know the risk involved.

Triple Nelson post, w00t

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭DemonOfTheFall

How much do you guys pay for newsgroups and who from ?

I use BT at the moment but it takes soooo long to seed a file if its a couple of gigs. Would much prefer to just get it from newsgroups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

A lot of people here are clearly raping the bittorrent networks. Have some shame people! You're ruining the downloading experience for EVERYONE. You need a 1:1 ratio and theres no excuse, ffs.

how can anyone keep a 1:1 ratio with 2mbit down and 128k up?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Well, Eircom and IOL/BT/whatever it's called this week both provide free newsfeeds; news.eircom.net and news.iol.ie, I think. That said, they're not heavy on the binaries groups, if that's what you're looking for.

A 1:1 ratio is impossible all around if anyone goes over 1:1. ANYWAY NO BINARY GROUPS HERE I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK YOU'RE SPECIAL BECAUSE YOU HAVE THE FILEZ!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 647 ✭✭✭DingChavez

Giblet wrote:
    Haha Newsgroups :rolleyes:

HaHa IRC :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Haha, FlashFXP

DingChavez wrote:
    HaHa IRC :rolleyes:

No, I have a job.

• Advertisement
Advertisement