Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

did it all really live up to the hype?

• 15-06-2005 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭

i kept hearin that sixth year is the worst year ever.. but it was by far my best. it was a laugh from start to finish

and the exams are such an anti-climax aswell.. not near as bad as i thought they would

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 113 ✭✭mickomack

i kept hearin that sixth year is the worst year ever.. but it was by far my best. it was a laugh from start to finish

and the exams are such an anti-climax aswell.. not near as bad as i thought they would

What exams were you doing,Did you do Higher maths paper 1 that was the hardest paper I've ever seen in my life!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭sock.rocker*

yeah, twas tough but not impossible.. it'll be marked easier anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭oneofakind32

Ya I had a pritty bitchin year myself and didnt exactly strain myself studying either. There just a few exams left now and not too worried cus I have honours Maths over I feel I have it passed and hopfully got an honour. Role on Summer and role on Collage

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

definitely the best year ever and the summer still to some!definitely wasn year frm hell!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭*Angel*

I think 6th year was the best year in school for just enjoying myself, having fun and all. Honestly I haven't really felt too much pressure, other than a lot of the time I felt I should be studying when I constantly wasn't. Everyone makes such a big deal of it, and it's kinda like for f*ck sake! I'm half way through and I'm pretty relaxed. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

Best year i had, most fun and had a great atmosphere

• Closed Accounts Posts: 331 ✭✭ed6hellsfresh

yeh i'd say that the atmosphere was definately hyped up and a complete anti-climax.... however me thinks the results and their implications won't be

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I don't think it lives up to the hype at all. It still doesn't feel like i'm doing the Leaving, more like a set of normal exams. It's so stupid the way it's made out to be the biggest set of exams we'll ever do

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Waltons

I didn't lock myself away to study during the year and my parents didn't put any extra pressure on me to do so and I think it's paid off. I've had a great year, kept my life and I think I'm doing pretty well in the exams so far!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 gaagirl

i knew from older ppl before i even started that these exams are nothing,well not nothing but not as important as they're made out to be. supposedly ul find college ones way harder particularily from second yr on- especially if u dont study which is more likely to happen due to al those temptations to avert you from study in college!
    although i had a great laugh in sixth year i really learnt who my friends are! the bitchi*g reached new heights altoghether, exam stress, knowing we werent goin to c each other much after this year....in an al girls school! by the end of it even the quietest ones werent talking to someone or another!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

Never fell for the hype, just knew i had to study to get my course and i did. Never locked myself in the room type thing. A bit everyday and it will stand to u.

Its a balance. THe higher points u want the worse social life u have (this rule also takes into count the variable intellect of every student)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

Overall I'd say it was probably the best year in school I've had. Alot of great craic with friends despite some minor set backs in other areas.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭Dave Larkin

I'm starting sixth year in September, and I hope you're right about that, buddy! :D

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I'm starting sixth year in September, and I hope you're right about that, buddy! :D
    It'll be grand, don't let the hype get to you, just pace yourself in terms of work and you'll be fine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 418 ✭✭:Keith:

And by pacing we don't mean leave it all until 2 weeks before the exam. If you work throughout the year you'll be fine.

Advertisement