Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any places hiring?

Options
  • 15-06-2005 10:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,304 ✭✭✭

Its gonna be tough to find a summer job on the 24th of June. It dosnt look like Ill be getting a grant next year either (according to qualifax.ie). Is anyone else in the same boat??

Comments

Yeah i usually find it hard to get a summer job in my little old town. :(

Thankfully I'm going to Barcelona to work in my auntie's bar during the summer as an accountant for the third year in a row. Although I must admit if it wasn't for that I'd never get a job. NEVER!!!!!!!! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 330 ✭✭baby*cham*bell

yeah i badly need funds for the holiday at the end of august, but employments not lookin likey since im goin away for two weeks to barcelona as well :(
    hopefully get work in pub or sumting for a few weeks
    will get a job in september when the little kiddies go back to school

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

f anyone lives relatively near bettystown, funtasia r hiring waiting staff for d restaurant....great craic t work there everyones same age and sound,pays good, tips great, full of knackers and the management make u work real long hours but still cash is cash!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

plus you get to play the things here and there. Live quite close myself, i think its a good idea i mean i wouldnt think it would be taxing work...

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭Sarah**

do any of you know paraig kelly?? hes from dublin just moved there last yr!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭Shinny-dee

Africa wrote:
    plus you get to play the things here and there. Live quite close myself, i think its a good idea i mean i wouldnt think it would be taxing work...

trust me i worked in the play area for a year BEST FUN EVER the slides wen its dark and there all slippy and evertin an the mountains of sweets and the candy floss!!!hmm mite actually try n get me job back!!!go for it it is fun just dont count on gettin treated well!

nope sorry necer heard of em but most of bettystown is frm dublin!!an also i dont actually live there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

I'll probably be doing .NET/SQL development again for Easons but if that falls through I'm [strike]sleepless[/strike] jobless in [strike]Seattle[/strike] Dublin.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I have a job working in a hospital for about €11 an hour, also I will be doing administrative work for my Dad for €8 an hour, I will be babysitting some evenings for €8 an hour, and I will be helping my mother occassionally doing flowers for weddings, where I'll get about €150 per day. And I've got a lump sum coming to me at some point too. So I'm happy. Oh, and I'm going on two holidays as well :D

• Registered Users Posts: 786 ✭✭✭spudington16

I had two different jobs planned to keep me busy for 5 weeks but then I was struck down after having to get my appendix removed, so I'll be out of action for a few weeks and will miss most (if not all) of the work. :( Why?!?!?!?! :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 728 ✭✭✭randomfella

ahhh u lucky lass, i'm debating taking the summer "off" and just relax. But i'd feel really stupid doing that because i'm not 100% i got my first choice. PRob try get a job in LIffey Valley. But soo many people apply there its difficult to get in anywhere. I'm not working in a food place. If only there was somewhere local, all these 5th years taking our jobs!

worked full summer last year 9-5, 5 days a week, had no holiday and i felt i had no summer. So i don't wana work as hard. meh i wana go inter-railing so i'm definetly gonna enjoy this summer.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 120 ✭✭sarahg_angel69

john david sports are hiring in town...dublin that is.....henry street...i was workin there last summer and up to november...got my job back...starting nxt fri.....hate working.....but they are looking for mor staf!!

Try www.nixers.com, they sometimes advertise for lounge staff etc - I used to work in a pub, great craic, and the tips were excellent. It'll be way nicer now as well thanks to the smoking ban. I've worked in a fast food restaurant, clothes shop and a pub - my advice is avoid fast food restaurants like the plague, clothes shops are really really boring, and pubs are fun but can be exhausting if you have to work until four in the morning

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭scorpy

bah, I have to get a job this summer... university in britain ain't cheap! ;_;
    I'm hoping to get a place in a bookshop... any bookshop, anywhere, so long as I'm working with books or computer games I'll be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

i applied for term time work in the civil service and got 10week contract with the revenue commissioners at over 10euro an hour.
    And i got offered a full time job with The Director of Public Prosecutions but had to turn it down cos of university.
    Anyone thinking about next summer should keep their eye on www.publicjobs.ie for the summer work. its dead handy and you can specify your location to a certain degree.

Fishie??
    Are you doing Care Assistant. Thats a great job too. You can come about with between 120 and 140 per shift. and it doubles at christmas and new years. my friend did new years and got 265 euro for one shift. He is with the Care Assistants On Call Agency (branch of Nurse on Call)

Yup, that's what I'm doing. It's double on Sundays as well, and overtime. It's my first time working at this kind of job, if it works out and I get enough experience at it I might join one of those agencies

• Registered Users Posts: 10,211 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

I was going to try and get away without working but I have to pay insurance on the car!

Do you know how much my car insurance is? Warning, it'll make you sick (oh, how I love being female)

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Johnerr

might try and get a job in Jd sports, do you get a discount?? (sarah)

ye up get a 20% discount!!! tiz alrite!!! kinda a boring job..but u no every 2nd person that cums in so its grand!! nice catch up chats!!ha!!
    go in with c.v soon.....i only got the job straight away cuz dey no me!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 362 ✭✭the smiley one

ahhh u lucky lass, i'm debating taking the summer "off" and just relax. But i'd feel really stupid doing that because i'm not 100% i got my first choice. PRob try get a job in LIffey Valley. But soo many people apply there its difficult to get in anywhere. I'm not working in a food place. If only there was somewhere local, all these 5th years taking our jobs!

worked full summer last year 9-5, 5 days a week, had no holiday and i felt i had no summer. So i don't wana work as hard. meh i wana go inter-railing so i'm definetly gonna enjoy this summer.

Ditto goin to try and get something in Liffey...or there abouts. DId a bit of work last year and went to the Gaeltacht on holidays etc so NEED TO EARN money....I hope there are some left....!!!

:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭wheresthebeef

Fishie,
    mind me asking you something. what qualifications did you need for the care assistant job. with the agencies you need Manual Handling, First Aid Certs, Garda Clearance and Immunity to Hep A and B and TB as far as i know.

yea might go in at the weekend, where do you live sarah? coz it's a bit of a treak for me from blanchardstown to town

live in glasnevin...loada people that work in j.ds live in blanch tho!!! dont ya just get the 38 bus or sumthing?!?! wat part of blanch?? u go to c.c.c.???? castleknock>>>

yea i got to c.c.c

Fishie,
    mind me asking you something. what qualifications did you need for the care assistant job. with the agencies you need Manual Handling, First Aid Certs, Garda Clearance and Immunity to Hep A and B and TB as far as i know.
    I've done my immunity, got the Garda clearance, and they're training me in for the Manual Handling etc. Whe I start, I'll probably be doing mostly cleaning, but I don't mind that

Fishie: go on, sicken all us cursed with XY...

Bob wrote:
    Fishie: go on, sicken all us cursed with XY...
    Ok, you asked for it... My car insurance is €35 for six months. Yes, i only have a provisional licence. My mum and I were going to split the cost of my insurance, but when she heard how little it was, she said feck it and paid the lot

I think I just died a little inside... my car insurance is roughly 22 times that (for the same time period) - as a named driver on a POS with a provisional licence.

I know, isn't it just sickening? But it's great for me. Ohhhh I looooooove being female........ (Do you think it'll be less when I actually get my licence?)

• Advertisement

I can't see how it could get much less... I mean; the cost of someone entering your details, the manufacturing of your disc and the associated postage costs probably run to around €15 [I'm exaggerating slightly, but...] so unless they start paying you to insure with them I can't see how!

*grr - wonders about gender changes, or lieing*

Advertisement