Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else getting Exam Results this week..?

Options
  • 16-06-2005 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭

Am getting mine tomorrow or Friday depending on when they're posted up..!

Am a nervous wreck.. don't know if i'll be getting much sleep tonight.. :(

Anyways, best of luck to everyone getting them!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

basquille wrote:
    Anyways, best of luck to everyone getting them!

Good luck. Mine ain't due till roughly the 5th of July :mad:
    So annoyed at myself,failed one for sure and its my first time failing a proper exam. I dunno; take it on the chin and keep goin i guess.

Good luck the rest of ye too

• Registered Users Posts: 43,925 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Nukem wrote:
    So annoyed at myself,failed one for sure and its my first time failing a proper exam. I dunno; take it on the chin and keep goin i guess.
    Same as myself.. thought i failed two actually but got the result of the better of the two and i did a lot better in it than i thought!

Am 99.9% sure i failed the other one.. will know tomorrow at roughly 4pm anyways!

Ah well.. first time to repeat a college exam. Not bad for my 3rd year there!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

i got my results today.
    I was really happy with what I got, and now I can relax :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 489 ✭✭derek27

got mine day before yesterday.
    went very good.
    you know, it's like this...
    when you aced an exam, you know it as soon as you complete it.
    but when you didn't do quite so good, vis. 50%, you begin to prepare yourself for the worst. and when results time comes around, you begin to feel confident that you failed such and such a subject. that way you cant get dissapointed. setting yourself up to be over the moon with your 42% etc.. its a common subconscious weapon we all have in our mental arsenal to either cope with failure, or to find delight in the mediocrity of our 'should have been better' results.

i'll be waiting for your post tomorrow telling me you passed everything.

best of luck to you and anyone else reading this and waiting on results.
    and congratulations to those who have already recieved good results, and also to those who have recieved bad results. repeat. at least you had the right idea of going to college in the first place. dont give up! :)

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,098 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

getting results tomorrow 4pm ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Just found out I failed two of my subjects. Im not happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

next Wednesday.
    Not really looking forward to it.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

I got my full results on Tuesday and am extremely happy with them so don't need to think about college til October, unless I need to revise stuff for my summer job!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭toiletduck

bah, i have to repeat one (first time repeating an exam in 3 years!) Why they put business in an engineering degree ill never know...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭embraer170

Got my results (a day earlier than expected).
    A 1H, way better than I had hoped (especially since I thought I messed up my exams)

For the second year in a row, my favourite subject (and the one exam I thought I did fine in) gets me my worst result. Note to self: must stop having favourite subjects.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 214 ✭✭rancheros

rang the head of my department 2 weeks ago, he gave me results and said i passed, mailed me a week later to say i got back to finish the degree.
    Now today the results come in the post saying i failed two, but overall percentage was 52.8 with exemptions granted.
    He's getting an earful tomorrow if i have to repeat :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,082 ✭✭✭Nukem

Got mine the other day. Passed them all just destroyed my average and must repeat at least one to bring it up to get back in so gonna do two. Some study for me i reckon. Missed the grade by 0.007 what the french would call "kick en le nutz".

Nukem

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Been waiting for 5 weeks for UL results now but it feels like a feckin' eternity - guess I should have tried harder to get a job or something.

Results'll finally go up on Monday. Last time they put them up on the Friday evening so hopefully they'll do that again. Else I'm in for one helluva long weekend...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭dv

Put them up they did and I nearly had a feckin' heart attack...

2 A1's and a 3.7 QCA. Seriously cannot believe it.

Excuse me while I go and kiss people randomly in the street....

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

got mine last week. passed everything but was kinna disappointed with one or two results. still, a 2.2 average aint that bad! :)

good luck everyone

Advertisement