Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pride events

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

At last Dublin has it on the right bloody month. Of course, this happens when I'm otherwise committed time-wise :(

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Manchegan

Originally posted by Talliesin
    At last Dublin has it on the right bloody month.

Last year's was postponed until after the Special Olympics. Usually they

[Stage] a Parade taking place usually on the last Saturday in June, commemorating 28 June 1969.

To keep track of (inevitable) updates, check http://www.dublinpride.org

Oh, in my scene days they tended to have the parade in July (wanting to not clash with the parade in near-by European cities).

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

pride march tomorrow *\o/*

now where did i put that glitter <_< >_>

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

Many people going tomorrow? I am (with USI LGBT).

• Advertisement

I'm going with a few friends, just hope the weather improves!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

I'll drag my fabulous self along, but I don't really know anyone except azezil* who is going. If anyone else is thinking about heading along feel free to send me a PM. I know this is pretty late notice but if there is enough interest we could get a mini boards group going.

*Not in the biblical sense.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

I shall be marching myself. However I shall be with the http://angrypotato.net crowd myself :p

Hmm, what time is this actually starting at? I can't remember from last year and haven't been able to find out anywhere...

Gather at Garden of Remembrance at half one tomorrow afternoon. Little earlier than last year.

• Advertisement

Ah, thanks; that's later than I remember, but then my memory doesn't work well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

I'll be heading down too. It doesn't actually start until 2.15 afaik, so I'll be there around 1.50

PLEASE correct me if I'm wrong.

True but they're advising people to start gathering at 1.30

Meetings at 1:30 at the garden of rememberance, kicking off at 2:15

Well, that was fun :) Arms hurt from waving big flaggy thing all the way down, tho :)

Sorry to the people I was chatting to for suddenly disappearing; I got forcibly dragged away :rolleyes:
    Rob.

ai, twas fun although old guys kept taking pics "oh my god I love your hair!" feckin paparazzi :P

Glad everyone had a good time. By taxi hunt from the Boards Beers took me through Georges St (and quite a bit beyond, Pride and a U2 concert at the same time means no feckin' taxis) and there seemed to be a very good buzz.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,357 ✭✭✭snappieT

My first one, and certainly not my last. Very enjoyable. Despite being on my feet from 1PM to 3AM

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

watched the gay pride march in new york yesterday..it was very nice.

one section of it really made me feel warm.

It was the Presbyterian christian homosexual chapter.

I just really enjoyed that because a group of people looked confused beside me and one commented "Ar'nt homosexuals against christianity" It just looked great that these people could express that they had both faith and happiness despite what offical religous authorities say.

of course it was also funny with the "Dykes for christ" slogans...

• Advertisement

Ah, the usual mad fundamentalist was at the Dublin one. You'd think he'd be bored of it by now.

Ah him. Yess, I believe myself and a friend danced at him momentarily then ignored him totally after that.

Heh. I got drawn into debate with a middle-aged lady about "why are you all doing that" while we were stopped on O'Connell street.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ajmurphy62

My 1st Post!!!! Woooo.

Anyways. I had a great laugh at the gay pride parade, until certain members here kept talking about science!! God it was annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

it sure took you a longtime to post...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ajmurphy62

I i just used to read threads. I joined over 2 years ago lol, only gettin around to my 1st post now....well 2nd.

Man ive alot of catching up to do posts wise.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

ajmurphy62 wrote:

Welcome. Try this one first: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=71641

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ajmurphy62 wrote:
    I i just used to read threads. I joined over 2 years ago lol, only gettin around to my 1st post now....well 2nd.

Don't worry, we're far from being post count whores here. Just remember it's the quality of your posts that count and not the quantity ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,872 ✭✭✭segadreamcast

ajmurphy62 wrote:
    My 1st Post!!!! Woooo.

Anyways. I had a great laugh at the gay pride parade, until certain members here kept talking about science!! God it was annoying.

You're telling me. I don't do a single science subject - I was so out of my depth :-\.

• Advertisement

ajmurphy62 wrote:
    My 1st Post!!!! Woooo.

Sorry 'bout that ;) Could have been worse; you wouldn't want to hear me talk about politics...

Advertisement