Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pride events

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 90 ✭✭ajmurphy62

rsynnott wrote:
    Sorry 'bout that ;) Could have been worse; you wouldn't want to hear me talk about politics...

Oh god the only thing worse than science, Politics!!!

How many people do u recon were there. im useless at guessing crowd sizes.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭swiss

ajmurphy62 wrote:
    How many people do u recon were there. im useless at guessing crowd sizes.
    I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there.

In any case, theres nothing wrong with a little science. At least you found out what an ampere was ;).

An excellent event. There should be one every week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 487 ✭✭fortysixand2

Fun.jpg

Well I certainly enjoyed myself :p Marched with the angrypotato.net banner, was great fun, the aftershow was fantastic. The Shamcocks rock my socks :p

swiss wrote:
    I'm no good at judging the size of crowds Ted, but I'd say there's about seventeen million of them out there.

In any case, theres nothing wrong with a little science. At least you found out what an ampere was ;).

An excellent event. There should be one every week.
    no i didnt. Whats an ampre? on second thoughts, dont start on about it again

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

Am I the only one who had a **** pride?

• Advertisement

bopper wrote:

What was **** about your day? :(

ajmurphy62 wrote:
    What was **** about your day? :(

Well the parade was fine. Then after that pretty much everything was awful. It's a long story.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

bopper wrote:

Well I didn't make it to Pride so you're not the only one left out of the "pride was fun fun fun" sentiments :)

Stark wrote:
    Well I didn't make it to Pride so you're not the only one left out of the "pride was fun fun fun" sentiments :)

It was my first pride though icon_cry.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭rsynnott

bopper wrote:

Awh :( *hugs*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,964 ✭✭✭Hmm_Messiah

bopper wrote:

awww well they say first times can be disappointing.

I dunno yet (erm ...)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

bopper wrote:
    More often than not the scene is a horrible place, best thing to do is try not to take it too personally, take care of yourself first and the rest will follow :)

/the latter half of my pride was terrible too, tried my best to remedy the situation, but alas i've failed, meh life goes on.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,991 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

I attended this year, for my first time, and wasn't bowled over. I didn't march per se for my own personal reasons: a mixture of laziness, apathy towards the parade concept, and so forth. Lots of noisy whistling - not my thing but for those who enjoyed it, good on them.

The after show was a let down anyway. Far too much focus on drag acts, only a few of which merited any real applause. A couple of speeches rounded off by a well-intentioned, but somewhat directionless, speech by our former Mayor. *Shrug*

I was going to attend the nighttime festivities but figured they'd be over subscribed and over-priced. I attended the Boards Beers instead. I'm still gay any of the other 364 days of the year - don't need this one to mark it in particular.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,978 ✭✭✭✭Stark

ixoy wrote:
    I'm still gay any of the other 364 days of the year - don't need this one to mark it in particular.

Well you are gay for pay, no need for you to work on a Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 917 ✭✭✭carbonkid

ixoy wrote:
    The after show was a let down anyway. Far too much focus on drag acts, only a few of which merited any real applause. A couple of speeches rounded off by a well-intentioned, but somewhat directionless, speech by our former Mayor. *Shrug*

The after show is as good as you let it be. Last year i thought it was a crappy pathetic excuse for entertainment but this year i brought a few cans not expecting anything and had a laugh ^_^

...not as these people are getting paid to entertain us anyway its all about the pride :P

Advertisement