Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Crystal Ball

• 16-06-2005 12:31am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭

For as long as I can remember I've always wanted a crystal ball ....last Christmas by mother finally bought me one as a present.

Now I know this is a really silly question but I need to ask :o ...how can I tell if this is a genuine crystal ball or just pure glass? Also the ball is flat at the bottom ...is this common?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Wrong question. Question is does it work for you? Some people can scry in a muddy puddle, some people have one thing they can scry in and nothing else works, and some people find the best scrying technique is to have no intention of scrying whatsoever (em, I really must work on control a bit more). Alex Sanders (from whom all Alexandrian Witches claim initiatory lineage) recommended scrying in a glass of Guinness, which can indeed act a bit like a black mirror.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

Of course the best thing about using Guinness is that if one glass doesn't work you can always get another one and try again, sooner or later you're bound to start seeing things :)

A quick link on scrying

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Yes, I imagine Alex favoured Guinness because it was dual purpose.

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

stevenmu wrote:
    Of course the best thing about using Guinness is that if one glass doesn't work you can always get another one and try again, sooner or later you're bound to start seeing things :)

A quick link on scrying
    Someone made me smile on a lousy wet Thursday :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭DayDreamer

Talliesin wrote:
    Alex Sanders (from whom all Alexandrian Witches claim initiatory lineage) recommended scrying in a glass of Guinness, which can indeed act a bit like a black mirror.

Would vodka and coke have the same result? :D

Seriously though I really appreciate your help! Thanks for replying!

To be honest I havent had much luck scrying ...maybe I'm trying too hard :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
Advertisement