Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Most expensive petrol

Options
  • 16-06-2005 7:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 29,476 ✭✭✭✭

Some shyster is charging wait for it 111.9 cent a litre for petrol in Kilkenny.

Anyone else able to beat that?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Can beat that, there is a certain BMW dealer here who was charging 112.5 or regular unleaded the last time I looked. Still seen muppets pulling in and filling up there! :eek:

Didn't see what he was charging for super unleaded though...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

I pass that garage charging 111.9 on my way to work in the morning. Its a ****ty campus garage with 2 pumps on the way out to ballyragget. Wouldn't buy petrol off him even if I ran out just outside his forecourt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,326 ✭✭✭ciarsd

speaking of which - the news this morning mentioned more cost increases at the pumps over the next couple of weeks...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,514 ✭✭✭Sleipnir

Purely to get the tourists. Sure, what do they know about the price of petrol!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

yes seen this on the news this morning:

http://www.breakingnews.ie/2005/06/16/story207371.html

• Advertisement

since about 1998/99 i think the difference in unleaded fuel costs is 30-35c - i remember days of paying 52-58p per litre versus the all time high of 102.7c

• Registered Users Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭kluivert

Speaking of high petrol prices, does anyone know where the best place is to get the cheapest petrol.

Petrol Station in Dundalk, Co. Louth on the Carrickamcross Road @ 99.9c. The chespest i can find in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭lomb

kluivert wrote:
    Speaking of high petrol prices, does anyone know where the best place is to get the cheapest petrol.

Petrol Station in Dundalk, Co. Louth on the Carrickamcross Road @ 99.9c. The chespest i can find in the area.

97.9 in several places in dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

http://www.irishfuelprices.com/

the price is set to go up as the price of oil has gone up and the euro has fallen against the dollar since the french voted no to the eu constitution (damn cheese eating surrender monkeys...)

• Registered Users Posts: 65,401 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

lomb wrote:
    97.9 in several places in dublin

That's what I paid this week - Texaco, Lucan

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Maxwell

95.6 in Nenagh is the cheapest I have seen around the Limerick, Shannon, Tipperary area!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,393 ✭✭✭BrianD3

Newbridge is usually good for cheap petrol if you're in the area. I think it's 95.9 in a couple of garages there ATM.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Speaking of Tipperary, the statoil garage on the way into Clonmel from the kilkenny side is usually quite cheap. Relatively speaking.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,712 ✭✭✭Praetorian

Tescos in Dublin 97.6 afair a few days ago.

do your shopping in tesco's - spend over €40 on groceries and get a voucher for a further 5c off per litre.....and to start with they are already cheaper than 'most' other garages.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

Tesco in Lucan the diesel is 94.99 cents, haven't seen anywhere cheaper. Often they run out of diesels and pumps are dry :mad:

tesco have a petrol station in lucan? are you sure? i didnt think so

• Closed Accounts Posts: 271 ✭✭shakaman

There's a garage beside the Skylon in Drumcondra which charges 111.6 - it must be super petrol!!! There's a station then on the main Galway - Dublin road think it's Milltownpass where it's 95.9, nearly 20c in the difference, shocking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,257 ✭✭✭halkar

ciarsd wrote:
    tesco have a petrol station in lucan? are you sure? i didnt think so

Ooops sorry, I meant texaco :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 724 ✭✭✭ubu

shakaman wrote:
    There's a garage beside the Skylon in Drumcondra which charges 111.6 - it must be super petrol!!!

Yea, i know the one, where the Renault garage used to be before they moved out to airside, its a piece of shít garage with 2 pumps and just preys of the stupid or unfortunate who happen to stumble upon it and have no other option but to fill up there.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Newbridge is usually good especially at McLoughlin oil - one of a few garages within 1km of Exit 10 on the M7 with cheap prices.

The Shell station on the grand canal near Harolds X in Dublin is also competitively priced.

In Australia, some of the local radio stations used to have "Traffic and pump watch" where they'd give out traffic news and pump prices. Interestingly, many Australian petrol stations increase their prices at the weekend.

Advertisement