Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

*Really* fullscreen Firefox?

Options
  • 16-06-2005 9:57am
    Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Not sure where else to ask this, so here goes.

I'm throwing together a wee PHP app to display a leaderboard for a local golf competition. It'll run on two laptops: one - running Ubuntu - is the web server and the data entry station, and the other - running Windows - is plugged into a big-screen TV and showing the leaderboard web page in Firefox, set to fullscreen mode.

Problem is, fullscreen mode leaves a wee bar at the top with small controls. I'd rather the web page filled the whole screen for a completely unattended appearance.

Can it be done?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

simple solution would be to use the horizontl and vertical allignement on the display to streatch it past the edges.

graphics card on the pc might also have the options to do this.

sorry for the low tech answer ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 406 ✭✭bigfeller

If you right click on the top of the app and untick the navigation toolbar and then hit F11 will that get rid of it?

EDIT: yes it does. Should work fine in windoze.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭i71jskz5xu42pb

yeah, if you click View, Toolbars and unckeck the toobars then going to fullscreen is really full screen. (That's in WinXP)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

That works, you need to disable tabs as well or they show up.

FYI, generally the set up you are trying to make is called "Kiosk mode". Might help in your searching.

• Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 28,804 Mod ✭✭✭✭oscarBravo

Now I know I've been working too hard. It never occurred to me to hide that toolbar before going to fullscreen mode!

Thanks all for the pointers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,268 ✭✭✭hostyle

I'm too late, but you're looking for kiosk mode: http://tobias.olrato.de/archives/000117.html

Advertisement