Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with subscriptions?

Options
  • 16-06-2005 10:15am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭

I'm not getting email notifications from my subscriptions. Is there a way to check this? It could be a problem with my mail, however I'm recieving other (non boards) mail to my subscribed address.
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

Same problem here. There service is next to useless at the moment. And you sometimes get a big backlog of notifications in at one time and they are all hours out of date.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

Go into veiw options and check you have email sending set up. It's turned off by default I think.

*shrugs*

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

I had to turn it off because as monkeyfudge said was getting notifications in batches and some were days out of date not just hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,958 ✭✭✭✭RuggieBear

ditto...it has never worked since the downtime the other day...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

nesf wrote:
    Go into veiw options and check you have email sending set up. It's turned off by default I think.

*shrugs*

I haven't changed anything since I joined up. So it can't be that. *shugs *

I have noticed that when it was working I did get a lot of duplicates and also old messages. I had assumed that it was because I access in a few different ways. Online at work, and then via outlook at home.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,807 ✭✭✭✭Orion

I logged a Hd case about it yesterday. It's a known issue that someone is looking into.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

yeah i've been having the same issues.... pain in the @rse...

• Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

yeah i've been having the same issues.... pain in the @rse...

It sure is! If they put a link on the home page to your subs it would ease the pain a little. At the moment I go into prv msgs and then list subs.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

I gave up on the mails a while ago and just have a bookmark to the subs page, works great for me.

• Advertisement

Same problem here. There service is next to useless at the moment. And you sometimes get a big backlog of notifications in at one time and they are all hours out of date.

Arrgh justr got over a hundred old notifications....what is going on? :confused:

Advertisement