Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone who bought 6680 on rtg

• 16-06-2005 11:43am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭

Was it locked or unlocked?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭jcoote

i'm getting one tomorrow but i know a few people who got a 6600 and 6630 that were unlocked....i think the same batches of fones are used for upgrade packs as sim free packs so that could explain some stuff

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,160 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

id appreciate if u let me know how u get on :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,106 ✭✭✭Davexirl

mine was unlocked and I got it the day it came out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭netman

mine was unlocked too ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

mine was unlocked

• Advertisement

bought in shops or online?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

mine was locked to vodafone. i got it on wednesday from grafton street shop. they said the 1st batch were unlocked as i also know a friend who got it the 1st day and it was unlocked
    is there anyway to get it unlocked,do u think vodafone would unlock it for me

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭dookie

i got mine in tallaght, he said they were just in that day! im using my meteor sim in mine unless i wanna domwnload songs/highlights. it was kinda a big slip up!is there much software branding?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,244 ✭✭✭drdre

the 6680 is locked on voadafone and they told me i have to spend over 127 to get it unlocked.which i am not spending on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

told me the same story for my nokia 6630 and i am not spending that either :mad:

drdre wrote:
    the 6680 is locked on voadafone and they told me i have to spend over 127 to get it unlocked.which i am not spending on it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭WetDaddy

I'm more than likely gonna buy this phone today after work.

I'm not too concerned about unlocking it (I'm planning on staying Vodafone for a good while, probably long enough to spend the required €127 or whatever on credit) but I'm wondering if anyone has any last minute advice?

The phone looks pretty good from most of the reviews I've read, but am I missing anything?

Thanks,
    Seán

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭Wez

I bought one second hand, was originally and upgrade, or so it says on the box.. It's locked, although the guy I bought it off is getting me the code. I couldn't install 3rd party themes on mine.. Security reasons..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,425 ✭✭✭digitally-yours

nokia 6630 is better than 6680
    6680 is more heavy and it dosent have many extra features than 6630
    6680 is not worth extra 100 euro thats my advice on it
    go for 6630

decision will be urs

deathfunk wrote:
    I'm more than likely gonna buy this phone today after work.

I'm not too concerned about unlocking it (I'm planning on staying Vodafone for a good while, probably long enough to spend the required €127 or whatever on credit) but I'm wondering if anyone has any last minute advice?

The phone looks pretty good from most of the reviews I've read, but am I missing anything?

Thanks,
    Seán

erm i dont think there are any features the 6630 has that the 6680 doesnt, main diff is styling and front vga camera for video calls

id go for whichever u prefer the look of really, i dont think the 6680 is worth 100 more tho

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Got a 6680 for 150 on upgrade and like it a lot, the second camera is good for video calling as with the 6630 you need to have it in the cradle and plugged in.

Advertisement