Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Broadband in Co. Limerick

• 16-06-2005 11:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I've been trying to get broadband for about 5 years now in Co Limerick and I'm seriously cheesed off. I'm living near Murroe in Co. Limerick, does ANYONE provide any type of service out there?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 GregusManus

you could try:

http://www.broadband.gov.ie/BBInfo/ServiceByLocationSearchWF.aspx

Murroe is spelt Moroe above link. if they are the same place then you have two options:

1. Get Sucky Satellite BB
    2. Move to a more populated area of the county.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheBurningMan

No, I don't want to get sucky sat, there must be someone that can provide wireless out here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,802 ✭✭✭thegills

Call Michael Griffin, Limerick CoCo who is the GBS Coordinator fo Co. Limerick to see if there is a GBS in planning. Othewise PM Muck.
    Contact Ildeana Teoranta too.
    thegills

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭ricey

I've been trying to get broadband for about 5 years now in Co Limerick and I'm seriously cheesed off. I'm living near Murroe in Co. Limerick, does ANYONE provide any type of service out there?

Murroe is a bit out of the city id say your best option is start to phone of eircom, digiweb and all the isp`s and c if you can get it.
    Dont think you will get dsl anyway maby wireless.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Abc1

If I really wanted to advertise, I should have bought some ads from boards.ie instead.

I'm silly like that.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

That is indeed a pimp abc1 but it is a well laid out site , do you exclude services that you do not resell by the way ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheBurningMan

ok guys thanks for the feedback so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,174 ✭✭✭1huge1

same problem live in co.limerick place called 'hospital' know murroe well
    hospital is a big enough town good bit bigger than murroe and we still havent got it either its fair annoying they keep saying there gonna have it here soon but keep pushing it back
    my only choice is satellite...

• Registered Users Posts: 3 raptorirl1

Hi there, BurningMan,1huge1, I know the feeling, I'm just outside Rathkeale, they bypassed us, and put BB into Newcastle West and Abbyfeale :-(. Only option aside from Satellite for me seems to be FWA from Eircom, but at 700 Euro install fee it's a bit prohibitive !..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 919 ✭✭✭jbkenn

raptorirl1, TheBurningMan, pm sent

jbkenn

• Advertisement
Advertisement