Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Deacon Blue/The Waterboys

Options
  • 16-06-2005 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭

Is that the same band/singer?? Just listening to Real Gone Kid and Dignity and sounds a lot like The Waterboys 'The Whole of the Moon'. Same dudes, No?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭Ro: maaan!

I don't actually "know". But I would doubt it. Waterboys are from Scotland. Think Deacon Blue are English. Not sure. But I'd be very surprised...

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

They just sound very similar!! Gonna get Whole of the moon and compare but sooo similar, i'm sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Larianne wrote:
    Same dudes, No?
    No, indeed.

Ricky Ross was the lead singer for Deacon Blue, Mike Scott for the Waterboys. And they're both Scottish. Deacon Blue were formed in Scotland though whereas the Waterboys came together in London.

• Registered Users Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Yeah I listened to The Waterboys there after I posted and I can tell its not them. Something similar though I dunno what it is!

Advertisement