Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Childcare - How much are you paying?

Options
  • 16-06-2005 12:11pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭

I dont have any children but Id like to know what I would be letting myself in for costwise if I was ever mad enough! Thanks!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Don't have my kids in full-time childcare any more but it is approx 900-1000 per month for full time for baby and 750-900 for older child in creche in dublin

Just added up what I've spent in the past 6 years (2 kids) and it's almost €90k - :eek: a damn site more than my mortgage.

any wonder it wasn't worth working full time, I now work for myself and work hours around my kids school hours and rely on childcare at most for 2 afternoons a week

• Registered Users Posts: 9,788 ✭✭✭MrPudding

Paying €550 per month for the little fella to be in a creche from 0800 to 1400 five days per day. We then also pay €90 per week plus room and board for an AuPair. Then you have school fees.

MrP

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭maccydoodies

Im paying €145 for my two boys. thats only three days a week, the little guy from 8am to about 5 pm and the older guy gets brought to school at nine, they collect him a t 1.40 and give the 2 of the dinner. Its fairly reasonable. Hope your q in answered

• Registered Users Posts: 7,659 ✭✭✭Shabadu

700 a month for my two yr old. Creche, 8-5 mon-fri.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

€105 During a school week
    €170 anytime they arent in school.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

105 During a school week
    €170 anytime they arent in school.

Bizzare no? To pay more for them not being there? Or am I missing something?
    Thanks for your replies.....even if ye are all raving loons of the highest order!
    Are ye all in Dublin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,811 ✭✭✭*Page*

i've a school going child so she goes to after school care during the week which cost's €105 then on summer holidays and other breaks its either €20 extra per day or €170 for the week.

• Site Banned Posts: 5,904 ✭✭✭parsi

310 per week for 2 fulltime and 1 fella for 3 half-days. We supply the food. Hours are 7.30am to 6.30 pm (never been in that early though..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 409 ✭✭Dellgirl

310 per week for 2 fulltime and 1 fella for 3 half-days

Do you get any help from the Gov at all or is this all out of your pocket?

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭matwijow

Forget the money aspect - you'll always find a way, I did! If you REALLY want a child the money pales into insignificance, they're amazing. Take a chance if you feel you're ready! ;)

• Advertisement
Advertisement