Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

data call ??

Options
  • 16-06-2005 12:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭

can anyone tell me what the hell a data call is?
    on a nokia 7610 , it comes up any time anyone tries to ring.
    the calls cannot be answered but calls can be made ok.
    and texting is ok.

it just says "data call" and the persons name who is trying to ring.

also can you tell me how much a 7610 is worth?
    almost brand new with the box etc.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

A data call is when the handset is used as a modem (for example) for say, dial up net access. There's nothing to stop you dialling any number as a data call, although I find it hard to believe your mates are doing this!

What network are you on? Does it only happen in that handset or any you put your SIM in. It's possible your number is set up as a data terminating number, call your network and get them to look into it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,248 ✭✭✭derv

the sim is on vodafone
    this happened all of a sudden , out of the blue.
    and vodafone say they do not know what is wrong.

it is not a setting that has been changed , and it is not the people who are calling that arew selecting data call because we have tried various things with no joy.

i have asked various people that repair phones and they don't know what it is either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭wirelessdude

have u tried a hard reset of the phone as i have seen this do the trick previously on a 6230

• Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭BigMoose

It does sound like the handset has gone a bit mad. Have you tried your SIM in another phone cause that would prove it one way or the other.

Advertisement