Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone know of a reasonable priced plasterer in North Dublin?

• 16-06-2005 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

Folks,

I need to get the area underneath a new stair case (attic conversion) plastered.

I've heard that some guys advertise in the Northside people but I haven't received one in the last couple of week.

Anybody know of someone reasonable that could do the job for us?

Cheers,

Dopey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

heya,
    had the same problem trying to find a good plasterer, redoing an old house with weird walls! We got some mad and wildly different quotes but I'll PM you the contact details of the guy who did the work for us. He was great, came in and offered advise/options as apposed to just doing what we 'thought' we wanted. Wasn't the cheapest(or most expensive) of the quotes but he inspired the most confidence.
    Came when he said he would, did a great job and was very neat and tidy.
    Details Pm'd to you.
    M.

• Registered Users Posts: 432 ✭✭CONMIKE12

I need something similar,does he work on the southside also.Good tradesmen are like gold dust and I have no problem paying a fair price for the service you described.In fact,even if he was the most expensive,from what you say,you get a quality job done in the end.It's heartbreaking when you pay any price for a badly done job be it expensive or cheap.

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Aye. I need a small bit of skimming done, on the southside too.
    Any details/suggestions?
    Thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭Dopey

Hey Joss,

I phoned five plasterers. I got one number from Milkman and the rest from the Northside people. The contact that Milkman gave me didn't respond.

Two others said they would call around a give us a quote. Only 1 showed up. They are all claiming to be very busy at the moment. I believe them cause the rest didn't return my call. It may be because the job is pretty small or else they just didn't like the sound of my voice.

Anyway, if the guy shows up in 10 days time like he promised I'll be happy to give you his contact details and let you know of the quality of his work.

Yours truly,

Dopey :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭joss

Good stuff.
    Thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 235 ✭✭Milkman

Pity that guy didn't get back to you dopey. He really did a great job for us.
    Anyway gentlemen, good luck with the plastering. Don't foget to seal it before you paint!

M.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Granger

Hi All

Anyone know a good architect or Draughtsman in the south east. I need someone who has good design ideas and lots of experience of drawing construction level drawings.

Any help would be great

john

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 533 ✭✭✭S.L.F

Granger wrote: »
    Hi All

Anyone know a good architect or Draughtsman in the south east. I need someone who has good design ideas and lots of experience of drawing construction level drawings.

Any help would be great

john

You'd probably get a better response if you put your post into a thread dealing with architects and not plasterers...

Advertisement