Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Beer: Where?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,028 ✭✭✭oq4v3ht0u76kf2

Whereas if we have a party in Dublin / Tipp / Cork we'll all magically know each other before ever meeting? o_0

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

No, we won't know each other, but it'll be a lot easier to find each other

I dunno, I mean... just be REALLY specific and you'll probably be grand.

Wait a minute, I can't go if it's in Oxygen... or between the 8th and 15th of July...

Yes, it will be impossible to meet each other and Oxygen is a damn silly idea! Have it sometime earlier in July and then have a "reunion" type thing at Oxygen if it goes well!

I'm not going to Oxegen anyway, I can't afford to take the time off work cos I'm already going away twice. A reunion? You're such a CTYIer :D

Ssh... [reminiscing] they were formative years! Still, can't for the life of me ever remember meeting you yet if you are who I think you are I've heard your name so many times!

What an odd sentence...

• Advertisement

I don't actually know who you are btw, I've just seen you on that board. Who are you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭Camogie Playa

dont slam my suggestion.....anyone whos going to oxegen see ye in the nearest bar to the main stage!im kinda getting worried....a whole weekend of non stop drinking.....ewh my poor livers!

I wans't trying to slam your suggestion, more pointing out that in a highly drunk state people won't want to be going up to randomers and saying "Are you that guy from the Internet?"

(also, I'm not gonna be at Oxegen)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

Even if we see each other at oxegen
    We don't know what anyone looks like

Hence the pre-arranged meeting place / time where you can make a safe bet that anyone at that specific place at that specific time is an Internet Weirdo™.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

why have a choice of clare and tipp no one lives there what about galway and limerick

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

kerry :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭7thSeal

Bob wrote:
    Hence the pre-arranged meeting place / time where you can make a safe bet that anyone at that specific place at that specific time is an Internet Weirdo™.
    Do you honestly think no-one else will be there?

ya what about Limerick?why am i going all the way to oxegen, when ye can come down?-im gona get shot after saying that

• Registered Users Posts: 7,711 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

ya what about Limerick?why am i going all the way to oxegen, when ye can come down?-im gona get shot after saying that
    Well if your in limerick your prob gonna get shot anyway..... :p

7thSeal wrote:
    Do you honestly think no-one else will be there?

The word pedantic was invented to describe you. Of course other people will be at Oxygen, but if you arrange to meet say, 30/40ft to the right of the entrance to campsite B at 2100 on the Friday night then it narrows the amount of people down considerably.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

SUGGESTION:

if you are relly serious about meeting up with boards people in oxegen then just PM people with your mobile number and ring them down there!

if you dont want to do that then wear a flag with "BOARDS" going across it......

or spray paint boards on your tent..although you might find some random fella sitting and waiting for you in your tent!!

and is everyone going on the friday?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

ColHol wrote:
    Well if your in limerick your prob gonna get shot anyway..... :p

No you have it all wrong! Limerick is stab city. So ya, expect to get stabbed there instead of shot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I'l meet you at oxegen...if anyone can find me a reasonably priced ticket for camping.....

walked into that one. But anyway Limerick isnt as bad at all as the media makes it out to be, sure there are always the few that will act like total eejits but the rest of us are LOVELY!if anything happens in Limk it is plastered on the front of the papers, but if something similar happens in Dublin its two or three pages into the paper!Anyway thats just the city too, us culchies are fabolous people!
    Theres quite a few good nightclubs and pubs in the city too!

• Advertisement
Advertisement