Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Bodykits!!!!!!

Options
  • 16-06-2005 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭

Hey all

So im gonna get me a shiney brand new body kit 4 da 206. Can anyone tell me if its possibe to install the thing yourself? Ive being quoted prices like 1600 euro for a garage to do it and i aint payin that!!! any thoughts? cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,277 ✭✭✭kdevitt

I presume the €1600 is for spraying and fitting. You won't be able to spray it yourself for a start, unless thats your profession. You should be able to fit it - depending on the type of kit, but don't expect it to look great. Some kits use the factory mounting points, say if the kit is full bumpers and skirts, which is easy enough to do, others need to be bonded to the existing bumpers and skirts and you're more than likely to screw it up. Have seen kits riveted on before, which does nothing for a car...

You should be able to get it done for €700 or so, better off spending it from the start, rather than paying someone extra to fix your mistakes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,245 ✭✭✭drdre

never ever do something like that urself,just pay the money as if it goes wrong u will regret it.
    anyway its ur own choice good luck

• Closed Accounts Posts: 658 ✭✭✭pontovic

why would you bother doing something to your car like putting a body kit on it ? it will look stupid and people will laugh at it. seriously, there is a hundred other ways to spend that money. why do you bother honestly ??!!!??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭chrismon

pontovic wrote:
    why would you bother doing something to your car like putting a body kit on it ? it will look stupid and people will laugh at it. seriously, there is a hundred other ways to spend that money. why do you bother honestly ??!!!??

Why are you replying with a very negative post?
    So what if the guy wants to spend money on his car?
    People laugh at everything, have a more open mind.

I think you should shop around in a few different places and see their prices. Even if you have to travel a bit,it could save you a couple hundred quid.
    Chris :cool:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Bodykits are so passé, so Fast & Furious Fashion Victim. Take stuff off your car man, don't tack stuff on. It'll look better and you'll save money.

adam

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,377 ✭✭✭Curran

Unless it has the same mountings as the factory bumper dont do it yourself!

Theres a guy in Ashbourne

Cant remember if its ASP or APS bodystyling......anyways.....hes class....ive seen his stuff and supposed to be reasonable enough.....so much so that when someone i know went over for a unique bodykit...he ended up gettting everything flushed too!........SUCKED into another purchase :rolleyes:

You will get the name of some decent places on Suped.ie

Suped.ie - click here

• Registered Users Posts: 9,579 ✭✭✭Webmonkey

dahamsta wrote:
    Bodykits are so passé, so Fast & Furious Fashion Victim. Take stuff off your car man, don't tack stuff on. It'll look better and you'll save money.

adam
    Your crazy for taking stuff off yer car :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭stratos

Probably repeating my self here. I have never put on a full body kit of the modern variety.
    Over the years I have fitted many spoilers wheel arches and the like to many of my cars.
    Hey who wants to drive one that looks everyone elses.
    But it's a pretty straight forward proposition.
    There are 2 types the blended in.(best left to proffesionals)
    and the fix on. These can be sprayed before fitting and simply riveted or some other type of simple fitting(usually hidden from view)
    These can be painted very well with motor factor aerosols, and the match does not have to be as exact as you might think.
    If the kit is diy fittable hey spray it up and fit it.
    If you can't get a result you like then let a garage do it.
    Just a note on colour matching don't be tempted to try to blow the new panels in with an aerosol, it's spray pattern is too coarse.
    Spray the panels off the car, then fit.
    Sitting the aerosol in a basin of warm water for a while before spraying helps to give a finer spray pattern, and a better finish.

Advertisement