Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CD Site

Options
  • 16-06-2005 3:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 800 ✭✭✭

Wheres your favourite place to buy CD's online for nice and cheep? Just wondering what peoples favourite is...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

www.cduniverse.com for signed bands, www.cdbaby.com for independant

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

The only place I buy from is amazon.co.uk, just because I buy other stuff there as well. They're pretty quick to deliver and the prices aren't bad either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

i'm about to use www.blahdvd.com
    do any of ye know what that is like, as regards delivery etc.?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,688 ✭✭✭grimloch

I use amazon.co.uk, never had any problems, fast delivery.

Doctor J wrote:
    www.cduniverse.com for signed bands, www.cdbaby.com for independant

I thought cduniverse was american only? Don't you have to pay them in dollars?

Geiger wrote:
    I thought cduniverse was american only? Don't you have to pay them in dollars?

If you pay by credit card it gets converted by your credit card company.

• Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 19,123 Mod ✭✭✭✭byte
    byte

Play.com haven't too bad a metal selection. Better than I had expected anyway. Sadly, CDWow aren't as good :(

John2 wrote:
    If you pay by credit card it gets converted by your credit card company.

Ah, but wouldn't the postage charge be pretty big? Suppose it's worth it if they have hard to find CDs.

• Advertisement

I order from the US a lot and some places can be a bitch for postage*. Most of it still ends up cheaper then buying the CDs here.

*Worst offender being Henry Rollins, I was going to order three CDs and three books and the postage was over $40!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭herobear

that cdbaby site looks fairly cool, some bands on there im interested in checking out!!

i use play or cdpacific usually

• Registered Users Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭Oral Slang

edson wrote:
    i'm about to use www.blahdvd.com
    do any of ye know what that is like, as regards delivery etc.?

I've bought a good few things off them - really good value. Delivery is really quick, same as Play.com or other like it.
    The only problem I had was when something was out of stock, they never gave me any feedback as to when to expect it. I eventually cancelled that order.
    For anything that's in stock though, they are grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 246 ✭✭edson

Oral Slang wrote:
    I've bought a good few things off them - really good value. Delivery is really quick, same as Play.com or other like it.
    The only problem I had was when something was out of stock, they never gave me any feedback as to when to expect it. I eventually cancelled that order.
    For anything that's in stock though, they are grand.

cheers

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭revileandy

www.play.com for more diverse music/dvd's, or www.cd-wow.com.hk for mainstream cd's/dvd's and loads of Asian Horror/Martial Arts dvd's

Both have free delivery

• Registered Users Posts: 5,618 ✭✭✭Civilian_Target

play.com - pretty good selection and free delivery

if I'm ordering digitally though its got to be audiolunchbox.com - huge selection of wierd music!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

Jaysus lads, www.deepdiscountcd.com rules !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭Nightwish

play.com, cheaper than amazon and free delivery, but can be slow to deliver sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,970 ✭✭✭mp3guy

www.cdconnection, very cheap AND lots of rares etc...

Advertisement