Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

art history.........

Options
  • 16-06-2005 5:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭

:(
    agh this paper was not my cup of tea at aaaaaaaallllll... :mad:
    section 1 was ok i think, hopefully!.. i did the bronze age but my sketches were terrible cos i had to rush it..

section 2 was a disaster.. NOTHING i repeat NOTHING i studied came up... so i turned to the multiply choice question

a navtivity scene.. we didnt do one
    an alterpiece.. i know one, the ghent alter piece but we didnt do anymore so i couldnt even try to answer the part c
    a still life painting... believe it or not my teacher never did one
    an equestrian sculpture..i know one, the gattamalata so i thought great ill do that then i realised we never did any onther equestrian sculpture or one with animals in it.. :(
    a painting with people working on the land... we again didnt do one..

for section 3 i did the film question which i was hoping would come up but thats about all im happy with..
    so all in all i did 2 out of 3 questions......aghhhhhhhhhhhhh
    :(

how did you all get on?!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭hum

whoops sorry i didnt see the other thread!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 301 ✭✭thegloriousend

That was the Sh**est paper ever. For the Irish section I leant the following artists - Roderic O'conor, J.B Yeats, M Jellet, W Osborne, W Orpen and W Leech - Not one came up - all Irish artists were Modern!

For european section I learnt Dali, Picasso, Munch, Monet, Degas, Renoir - Not one came up!

I got by though - squished answers here and there - should be a high B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 CoffeeFreak

That was pretty much the worst exam I've ever done! I did the high crosses one which was okay, I waffled through the gothic architecture one and I also did the gallery question. I couldn't even think of any difference between gothi and romanesque sculpture or how it was influenced by architecture :confused: . I hope I got a C1 but I think with the practicals I'll get a B.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 lillywhite

oh my god it was awful!! the only section i had studied was irish art so the bronze age was grand but section 2 i was sure i'd be able to wing it but had to do "the ambassadors" painting and am so screwed if the (a) and (b) part were worth the same marks cause i wrote 2 and a 1/2 pages for (a) and 1/2 page for (b). i did the film question on shrek and i really dont think i answered the question!! oh well!!only one exam left!

what did you write about for shrek?!!!
    i wrote about the colour schemes, landscapes, sound, music and camera angles, i then linked it to different emotions like happiness, fear, humour etc..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭klap trap

Thought it went beautifully. Really makes it all worthwhile doesn't it?

then i added some sketches at the end with shrek and donkey, one had them in a dark shadowy situation then the other had them in a bright colourful situation then i just wrote how it evoked things like a sense of tension or something threatening was going to happen.. blah!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,585 ✭✭✭honru

I thought I was ****ed for Section II. I took a chance with the altarpiece (wasn't sure exactly what an altarpiece was) and found out at the end of the exam that what I did was right on the ball... phew...

Everything was grand. Section II question was half finished, but I'd wager a B1/A2 depending on the examiner. I barely revised for this exam either, only four handouts and a gallery question pre-prepared.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭Cannibal Ox

Section I and II went alright, my film essay was sh!t.

I had a David Lynch film prepared.

Shrek came up.

WTF?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 wa-jacket

So, what David Lynch film? I had Wild At Heart prepared with the bedroom-->nightclub scene and stuff... That's a fantastic film!!!
    By the way, Piero della Francesca's "The Baptism of Christ" was originally for an alterpiece, right?
    Anyone planning to go to art college???

Advertisement