Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

boards working ...stuff

Options
  • 16-06-2005 5:38pm
    Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭

at 3 AM for the last 3 nights..i have been talking to people on boards :eek:
    and well it's just strange that boards just stops working for me at said time...
    the rest of the net works but i cant even load the main page of boards?
    is this just my stupid computer being fussy about when i use boards? :D
    or a really weird coincidence...
    Post edited by Shield on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Backups....

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

TmB wrote:
    Backups....
    em wha?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,516 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Umm.. the boards database is backed up every night about that time, so the site is taken offline while the backups happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,330 ✭✭✭✭Amz

n00b!

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,097 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

oh lol!
    yes n_0_o_13..... :(

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Buy boards super-speedy über-powerful equipment that can manage the backup without interruption of service and the problem will go away.

• Business & Finance Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 32,387 Mod ✭✭✭✭DeVore

I think Amz was being somewhat ironic there... :)

DeV.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

I find Amz somewhat ironic in a lot of her posts : :)

Talliesin wrote:
    Buy boards super-speedy über-powerful equipment that can manage the backup without interruption of service and the problem will go away.
    oh that i don't think eircom cover it in my 56k package!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

Amz is iconic tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,918 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

i just go to bed when that happens!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

joe. wrote:
    I find Amz somewhat ironic in a lot of her posts : :)
    Sarcasm. S.A.R.C.A.S.M. So many people confuse it with irony.

/me wanders off muttering S-A-R.....

Victor wrote:
    Sarcasm. S.A.R.C.A.S.M. So many people confuse it with irony.

/me wanders off muttering S-A-R.....
    yeah sarcasm some1 said it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 725 ✭✭✭Easily_Irritated

TmB wrote:
    Umm.. the boards database is backed up every night about that time, so the site is taken offline while the backups happen.

Ahhhhh I did wonder, that happened when I was using it last night.

ya we were just talkin away and whammo where are they all gone :(
    and i was just about to prove your insanity silly girl lol

ya we were just talkin away and whammo where are they all gone :(
    and i was just about to prove your insanity silly girl lol

Ha!

What would u know, you're nothing but a silly boy :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I was convinced it was my PC, cos it is generally ****. So I just swore at it and gave up in the end then it just started working again- bloody back up!

• Registered Users Posts: 78,414 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Its a hint, go to bed.

Yes, this is true and rather unsubtle.

I like the cut of its jib. Altho Ican't go to sleep before 5 until next Monday.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,306 ✭✭✭✭Esel

Any chance the backups could be scheduled to run at 0500 or 0530 - i.e. after I go to bed? :D

Not your ornery onager

• Advertisement

ya i mean comon here ppl i only have an hour left here and tv is so boting :)

lol

we're all a shower of insomniacs!

havnt gone to bed b4 3 or 4am in oh 10 years lol

lol holy **** and I thought i was bad! lol Im usually inbed at about 2am adn I thought that was pretty late! lol

clearly not

6am last night thank god i didnt have to get up early!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭joe.

Abercrombie?

all depends on how good i look in this....

joe. wrote:
    Abercrombie?
    huh?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,709 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

joe. wrote:
    Abercrombie?
    Touché

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

feckers. go to bed. i need at least 6.54535352 hours sleep at night. if not im a cranky bastard until about 12 in the day.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement