Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Historical Research

Options
  • 16-06-2005 6:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi lads,

I may be in the wrong spot, but what I'm looking for is a good place where I can get proper information on all matters spirituality and religion related, most of the stuff out there is heavily opinionated and full of wishful thinking rather than real info,

any help is appreciated

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 4,436 Mod ✭✭✭✭Suaimhneach

If you could tell us what you want to know maybe we could point you in the right direction.

Most religious based matters are going to be heavily opinionated tbh...

As for spirituality, and wishful thinking...

Well, you'll have to be more specific anyhoo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,314 ✭✭✭Talliesin

Moving this to the Spirituality forum.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 9,689 Mod ✭✭✭✭stevenmu

The problem is that religion/spirituality really is opinion and wishfull thinking based. There isn't really any fact based info out there, and anything that calls itself fact is usually to be avoided, or at least taken with a pinch of salt, imo.

Of course if by "history" you mean historical account of events happening then I'm sure there's a few sites out there that give factual accounts (or at least as factual as there can be).

Either way Wikipedia may be a good starting point, they have articles on just about anything you can think of, usually with links to further detailed information, and they're generally pretty objective. Their List of spirituality related topics alone could keep you going forever. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

http://www.religioustolerance.org
    for the basics and comparisions.

http://www.sacred-texts.com
    For the holy books and writings.

two good places to start.

now was there a specfic enquiry ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Darkwing Duck

Thanks for the sites and sorry for the delay,

The sites were vrey helpful, cheers!!

Sorry for the vagueness, what I'd really like to find is a lot more information on pre Christian religions and philosophies, especially Druidism. A lot of what I've heard about Druidism over the years isn't the most reliable of stuff, and the sticky at the top of the pagan forum was very helpful.
    I've noticed there seem to be a lot of groups out there claiming to be the last of the Druids, and so on, have the teachings been so lost that there are so few left?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

See if there are any left then the druids have them and have preserved them and the are unlikely to share it with just anyone.
    Good luck on your search.

Advertisement