Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Arts Results Are Out!

Options
  • 16-06-2005 6:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭

I just checked my results and to my surprise my results are out. And mine are as follows:

History / 500 out of 1000/ 50%

Philosophy/ 470 out of 1000/ 47%

Politics/ 434 out of 1000/ 43.4%

I passed all three subjects! Don't ask me how!

Despite not doing all the essays, despite not attending too many lectures, I have somehow, in some way pulled off three passes and secured my spot in UCD next year. Oh yeah! ;):D

I am really happy right now as I had decided that I want to give UCD another try and now I can. I hope you all get the resuts that you need my friends. Good luck.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,124 ✭✭✭Jonny Arson

F**K YEAH Nice Guy thanks for the update and well done! :D

I myself got:

Geography 60% :) :cool:
    Infromation Studies 60% :) :cool:
    Sociology 22.1% :confused:

Got what I wanted and what I expected in Geog and Info and I'm even chuffed that I somehow was only 17.% away from passing Sociology despite only attempting 2/8 qs from the exam!

Well thank god its only one subject for August :D :eek: :p

• Registered Users Posts: 45,588 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

Those are great results for Geography and Info Studies. They are honours aren't they?

Sorry bout the sociology but you have a good few weeks now to get yourself ready for it and to lay the smackdown on that exam. ;)

Those are great results for Geography and Info Studies. They are honours aren't they?

Sorry bout the sociology but you have a good few weeks now to get yourself ready for it and to lay the smackdown on that exam. ;)

I'm really chuffed with my results. Don't know about honours or any of that lark. Really anyone who passes Arts subjects should be happy. 1st year is just about getting into 2nd year but f**k sake Nice Guy your subjects are way harder than mine. If I had failed Geog or Info aswell as Sociology I probably would have just given up and done something else. Ooooohhhh I'm only 17.9% away from success! :) Got 2 months now to prepare to lay the smackdown on Durkheim, Marx, Weber and all of those other moany little f**kers! :D

I think this is a fantastic excuse for a big booze fest. C'mon people organise something!

If you smeeeeellllllllll..... what the Zane is cooking! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

Failed English and Philosophy quite badly.I dont know what I'm going to do. Passed History. When will the results arrive by post?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,010 ✭✭✭kasintahan

Passed them all :)

Didn't do as well as I hoped in psy :( nor information studies. Mind you I did miss almost all 0900 lectures and didn't hand in half my is projects... Oh well, passed comfortably enough.

Computer Science 1H 82%
    Information Studies PASS 55.1%
    Psychology PASS 54.8%

What are the %'s for the various honours?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

i thought the last two results would be honours :confused: maybe it varies for different faculties but in science 50-59 is a 2nd class honours 60-69 is upper 2nd class, 70+ is a 1st.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

kasintahan wrote:
    Passed them all :)

Didn't do as well as I hoped in psy :( nor information studies. Mind you I did miss almost all 0900 lectures and didn't hand in half my is projects... Oh well, passed comfortably enough.

Computer Science 1H 82%
    Information Studies PASS 55.1%
    Psychology PASS 54.8%

What are the %'s for the various honours?

Should be 45-50 for 3rd class honours, 50-60 for 2.2, 60-70 for 2.1 and 70+ for 1H. And well done on that kickass CS grade!

Failed English and Philosophy quite badly.I dont know what I'm going to do. Passed History. When will the results arrive by post?

I would say that they may arrive by post on the 22nd, the day they were due to be out.

There is no doubt that English and Philosophy are tough subjects. You passed History which is impressive. You have got to look at....

1. Did you put the work in?
    2. Are you capable of alot better?
    3. Are you willing to put in the effort and time in order to pass the subjects second time round?

If the answer is no to no.1 and yes to no.2 and 3., give it your best shot in August.

P.S. Slayer f**king raaawwwwwkkkkk! Are you happy Karl Hungus?

P.S. Slayer f**king raaawwwwwkkkkk! Are you happy Karl Hungus?

Pat Patterson made this in wood wook class in 4th year TYO...

slayer.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 735 ✭✭✭beardedchicken

is that just for first arts or does anyone know if other years results have been released? specifically finals?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 611 ✭✭✭Alana

Yay!!! I passed and honoured too, yay!! wooo!! so relieved...sigh. now i can get drunk guilt free!! yay!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 388 ✭✭Blut

2 honours, 1 fail by 6%..anyone ever appealed a result with any success?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭beanyb

Politics - 67.5%
    History - 63%
    Maths Studies - 70%

I'm so proud of myself! Go me, I'm such a nerd :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭klap trap

beanyb wrote:
    Politics - 67.5%
    History - 63%
    Maths Studies - 70%

I'm so proud of myself! Go me, I'm such a nerd :)

Why? I heard a rumour that arts students don't get jobs...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

hey klap trap be nice!
    im not in arts but anyway what the hell:
    maths: 75.8%
    geology: 61.6%
    Exp. Physics: 68.7%
    Maths Physics: 70%

And well done on that kickass CS grade!

Cheers! See you in class next year :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,487 ✭✭✭Kevin_rc_ie

well done guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,152 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Repeatin psych to try get in to mode one, managed to get 76.1%. Fairly happy with that I must say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 852 ✭✭✭m1ke

Well done to everyone. It looks like everyone will be back in september which is great.

I don't suppose anyone knows when 3rd arts will be out? They say july 1st but they must have most of the correcting finished by now.

• Registered Users Posts: 339 ✭✭GusherING

Cheers for posting that the results were out. I've been dieing to find out what I got.

1st Hist 60%
    1st Politics 67&
    1st Greek & Roman Civilisation 59.9%

That last ones a kick in the teeth, 0.1% off a 2nd Class Honour. Then again the first time I actually wrote an essay for the subject was during the exams. Let the summer truly begin!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭besty

well done everyone. cant wait to get my results. apparently they arent out til the 25th...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i passed, like a fox.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 141 ✭✭Young Siward

Maths Studies - 62%
    Economics - 60%
    Stats - 58%

Thankfully they let me sit the Maths Studies after er...... turning up 5 hours late for the second paper (ie mixing afternoon for morning). Not my finest moment!

Maths Studies - 62%
    Economics - 60%
    Stats - 58%

Thankfully they let me sit the Maths Studies after er...... turning up 5 hours late for the second paper (ie mixing afternoon for morning). Not my finest moment!

Holy shat! I didn't know they let you sit the paper...... lucky so and so! I was looking forward to taking the michael out of you for failing Maths! Ah well at least you got 41% more than an other certain person in Stats! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 240 ✭✭elbee

Well done to everyone :) even if you failed, kudos for sitting the damn things. After three years I still think first year exams are the hardest because you aren't certain what to expect.

The rest of Arts aren't out yet. Second year are due on the 30th and third year on the 1st July, but so far most of the results have been online about seven days early, so I'll check the internet obsessively on Friday next.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,635 ✭✭✭tribulus

Holy shat! I didn't know they let you sit the paper...... lucky so and so! I was looking forward to taking the michael out of you for failing Maths! Ah well at least you got 41% more than an other certain person in Stats! ;)

poor guy, though he's dropping out? so thats to be expected

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Does anybody know the procedure for viewing your paper/appealing an exam

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Sociology 58
    Psychology 42
    Politics 38.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 192 ✭✭Ed

38 - sorry dude. The worst sort of way to fail. (i always made it a habit of failing big)
    You just need to go into the department to sort out the viewing/appeals, they'll usually have someone on hand(check if you have a year coordinator).

hope you're well

Ed

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 137 ✭✭Economaniac!

Economics 60
    Psychology 60.7
    Politics 54.8

chuffed! :D

Advertisement