Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Best way to format HD

• 16-06-2005 6:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭

Just wondering whats the best way/progie to securly erase a HD. Selling a laptop and need to make sure nothing on the laptop is recoverable

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 92,385 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

http://dban.sourceforge.net
    boot up off the disk or CD , press enter a couple of times and a good while later drive is clean (apart from remapped bad sectors and forensic tools )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,161 ✭✭✭cubix

Cheers lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,219 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

http://dban.sourceforge.net
    boot up off the disk or CD , press enter a couple of times and a good while later drive is clean (apart from remapped bad sectors and forensic tools )
    I also recommend this.

Downloaded the cd-r/cd-rw version of the dban software but all the files seem to be for a floopy version. Does anyone have or know what file I should be putting on the cd-rw to boot with. Below is an attachment of the files I have when I un-rar the file I d/l

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,426 ✭✭✭ressem

You're downloading the dban-1.0.5_i386.iso ?

You don't unrar it, you burn it to CD using Nero or other CD image burning tool.
    Checked it in VMWARE and it does boot from CD.

Thank you for clearing that up Mr R ;) . Bad habbit of mine, every time I see a rar file I winrar it :D

Cubix

Thanks to everyone,nice little progy ;)

Advertisement