Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom Home Plus to lower cap

• 16-06-2005 6:52pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭

From 16GB p/month to 8GB p/month

http://mmm.eircom.ie/press/PressRelease_Target.asp?id=409&y=2005

Scroll down to see the new specs from July 2005, also they seem to charge 3c per meg now, thats bigger right? Even though they never charged anyway.

What a joke,

WellyJ

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Hmm I think it’s a typo. (or I hope it is:eek: )

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,420 ✭✭✭WellyJ

Surely its beyond even Eircom to typo on an official press release, i hope it is too though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

WellyJ wrote:
    Surely its beyond even Eircom to typo on an official press release, i hope it is too though

Nope, i've found a few in my time.

oh and yes me too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭chorus techy

Probablt eircom realising that the over-reacted about the whole smart broadband thing and have figured that it wasn't as great as it sounded (mostly due to eircom) :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Still, its rediculous paying that much money for a ****e product. Its useless eircom saying they have the lowest priced entrylevel product in europe (which i sincerely doubt) while having the most handicapped service in europe!

As they say, you pay for what you get, and eircom certainly supply a great product, very reliable, but horrendously butchered.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,132 ✭✭✭Dinner

Thats a terrible offer if ever I saw one. For a tenner extra a month you can go from 20 hours a month to about 720 a month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,399 ✭✭✭OFDM

Based on this madness, the chances of UTV of upping their caps just went from 0.0001% to zero.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

WellyJ wrote:
    Scroll down to see the new specs from July 2005, also they seem to charge 3c per meg now, thats bigger right? Even though they never charged anyway.

Ah maybe its just me but its always been 3c per MB used after the cap is reached

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

well mission accomplished, they stopped Smart, now they can go back to 8GB

what's next? back to 512KB/s ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Draylor

Cabaal wrote:
    Ah maybe its just me but its always been 3c per MB used after the cap is reached
    It was 3c to start with, but one of the press releases/price lists at the time of the upgrades listed this as being reduced to 1c.

Current "which package is right for me" page on their silly un-link-to-able website shows it as 3c, maybe I just imagined the change :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

no no, I too remember it was reduced to 1c

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

This is a joke. I just signed up for Home Plus yesterday and the 16GB cap was a big factor in my decision. This sucks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 474 ✭✭Berger

OK I just rang Eircom and they told me the cap was infact 20GB and not 16GB or 8GB. She seemed pretty adamant about it and said the info on the press release site was wrong. *shrug*

edit: I rang 1901

• Closed Accounts Posts: 234 ✭✭nagero

Berger wrote:
    OK I just rang Eircom and they told me the cap was infact 20GB and not 16GB or 8GB. She seemed pretty adamant about it and said the info on the press release site was wrong.

When I trialled the Home Plus option my cap on the stats page was 20GB. I never questioned it ;-)

nagero

• Registered Users Posts: 19 taoiseachjoe

Berger,

According to the eircom site, there are TWO 54euro/month 2Mbit offerings - "Home Plus" and "Business Starter". Home Plus has 16GB and Business Starter now has 20GB.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,889 ✭✭✭Third_Echelon

That starter 'time' package seems to be a joke to be honest... who in their right mind would pay 20 euro for 20 hours access???? and the get rode if you go over the time limit :confused:

I know they must be aiming this at low users, but even low users will see that for a little bit extra with other broadband providers they can get a lot more for their hard earned cash... fupping eircom....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Just talked to 2 of their reps, one was a phone issue. They say the whole thing was a misunderstanding. Home plus will be staying at 16gb per month.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

It's a typo, the press release is for a new product. Home Plus stays at 16Gigs.
    Customer who signed up after 1 April 2005 are tied to a 6 month contract.

Good grief, all it takes is one sap to cry wolf and the whole lot start flailing about with wild accusations and speculation. Gonzo, just call them and ask what package they have you down for, if it's the right one there could simply be an issue with the stats page.

It is what it's.

Advertisement