Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Skiing or watersports near to Galway city?

Options
  • 16-06-2005 7:19pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 439 ✭✭

Going to Galway in a couple of weeks with some friends. We are looking to do some watersports. Can anyone help please?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

There is no water-skiing facilities in Galway. However, for a fee I will bring you water-skiing, wakeboarding and dogh-nutting on my speedboat* ;)

* I am not insured, if you break your legs, you fix them yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭FergusF

There is a Windsurfing school on the Barna Rd just past Salthill, not sure of the name however. A friend got some quotes from there, for a group of 8:

Two hour rental ( 1h tuition + 1h practice) wetsuit and all gear included 35 Euros
    One hour rental ( in case you have previous experience) wetsuit and all gear included 15 Euros

For smaller groups 40/20 euros.
    I have no connection with the place, and have never used them so this is not a recommendation, just passing on the info.

Advertisement