Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How many As?

• 16-06-2005 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭

Heeehee, now I know 'tis a bit silly to be trying to guess and predict your results, but I was just wondering, how many As (honestly!), do you expect to get in Sept when you get your results? :D

How many "A"s do you expect to get? 32 votes

Eh. None.
    0% 0 votes
    At least 1 A
    15% 5 votes
    More than 3 As
    25% 8 votes
    More than 5 As
    18% 6 votes
    More than 8 As
    18% 6 votes
    Ah sure I'm a genius- ALL As obviously!
    12% 4 votes
    Junior Cert? Wha?
    9% 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

CSPE - A
    Maths - A
    Science - A
    History - A
    Geography - A
    Business - A
    Religion - A

That's 7, and possibly Irish and French, if I'm lucky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

CSPE - A
    History - A
    Geography - A
    German - (probably A not done yet)
    Religion - A

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

I don't know how many As I think I'll get, but I chose 3 or more on the poll.
    Hopefully...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

English - A
    Maths - A
    C.S.P.E. - A
    Geography - A
    Business - A
    Science - A
    Ancient Greek - A (Haven't done it yet)

Perhaps Religion and/or History too.

I was going for 8 As so I'm still in with a chance. We'll see.

Oh and I checked about my PIN number but I was told my school don't bother giving them out cos' you can get them in school before there on the net.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 11,362 ✭✭✭✭Scarinae

I got 7 As in mine, by some miracle I managed to only get a B in CSPE, I was so embarrassed cos that's the guaranteed A subject! I got my As in Irish, Maths, Spanish, History, Geography, Home Ec and Classics, got my Bs in English, CSPE and Science

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Well, you're either all very cocky or very clever people,however yous make me feel like a right idiot! I hope I get an A in art and music (which is still to come) and I would love an A in history and science(don't think I 'll get one) but I'd love one.Probably got an A in geography though......... :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

I'm hoping for as many as possible, really, but I doubt I'll manage it in English or Home Ec. Fingers crossed!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Meh....CSPE if im lucky

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

I'm not expecting to get any A's! Maybe afew C's or B's if I'm lucky but I just didn't take the junior too seriously so I didn't really bother studying much...god I don't ever wana do the leaving :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

I'd say I didn't get an A in French, and probably Irish. Otherwise, I don't want to speculate...

However, if I don't get an A in art someone will die because I put so much effort into my art project it's quite unreal.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,954 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

I only got 1 A and a few Bs - science (back in the day).

Remember, while you should try your best (and note some people still have a few exams left), not gettings a particular result doesn't make you a "bad person".

Question changed for verbosity.

"Okay, how many As do you expect to get in your September when you get your results?"

"How many "A"s do you expect to get?"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

Strokesa wrote:
    Meh....CSPE if im lucky
    ...ditto!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

yeah, same here. I got 3 As in my mocks (history, CSPE and Science) but I think I'll probably only get an A in CSPE for the JC, because so many of my papers (even the few that went well) I don't think i did well enough in to get an A...Bring on the Bs and Cs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

I got A's in History, Science, CSPE and French in the mocks. I was two marks away from an A in English and Religion. I feel I did worse in the actual JC though, so I dunno.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

yeah, same here. I got 3 As in my mocks (history, CSPE and Science) but I think I'll probably only get an A in CSPE for the JC, because so many of my papers (even the few that went well) I don't think i did well enough in to get an A...Bring on the Bs and Cs!
    theres nothing wrong with that

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ouch!

being hopeful i got A's in art, CSPE and religion (possibly geography). maths i failed, history B or C, science C or D, German B or C, irish B i'd say, was pass. i'm not that bothered bout it . Feel bad for everyone whos got Latin on Thursday (stuart) but at least i'm finished.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

I got 5 A's and 4 B's 6 years ago, my year was the last year that didn't absolutely have to do CSPE. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭Caoimhe89

ok... scary that people are saying all As... I hope for 6... cos if I get that many (or more) I'm going to New York... of course, ideally I'd get all As... not sure though...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

Irish - D [might be a C]
    English - C [could actually be a B... But my essay was sooooo damn CRAP!...]
    Maths - A
    Technical Graphics - A
    Science - B
    Geography - B
    CSPE - B [didn't put a whole load of effort into my action project. But I couldn't care]
    Business Studies - B
    French - B
    History - B

2 As, 6 Bs, 1 C, and 1 D.
    Worse than my mocks (2 As, 7 Bs, and 1 C) but I did very little study.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

Heh yeah i expect to get and a :/ if im really really really really lucky! maybe 1 in Tech Graph and cspe just for a laugh but other than that im pretty srewed in the result department unless i get sum stoner teachers correcting my papers

Advertisement