Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Warning: Eircom have halfed download caps

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

kaizersoze wrote:
    Your already wasting your money on that package.
    BT are €57 for 2MB including line rental, 24GB cap and no minimum contract;)

I though the minimum contract was for 12months or am i mistaken?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,808 ✭✭✭Ste.phen

most minimum term contracts have a get out clause if they up the price or lower the service, eircom probabyl do somewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭oneweb

It's a typo, the press release is for a new product. Home Plus stays at 16Gigs.
    Customer who signed up after 1 April 2005 are tied to a 6 month contract.

Good grief, all it takes is one sap to cry wolf and the whole lot start flailing about with wild accusations and speculation. Gonzo, just call them and ask what package they have you down for, if it's the right one there could simply be an issue with the stats page.

It is what it's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,042 ✭✭✭kaizersoze

I though the minimum contract was for 12months or am i mistaken?
    Your mistaken :D
    The old offers were 12 months but not the new ones.
    Click on the link to their FAQ's
    http://www.esatbt.ie/echannel/res.portal?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=res_products&residentialProducts_actionOverride=%2Fpageflows%2FresidentialContent%2Fproducts%2FbbFAQ#15

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 25,234 ✭✭✭✭Sponge Bob

oneweb wrote:
    It's a typo, the press release is for a new product. Home Plus stays at 16Gigs.

Which is why the press release calls the product " Home Plus "

The post Apr 1 6 Month Contract is a 6 Month Rolling Contract . If you do not end the contract on the last day of the 6th month or sooner it will be automatically renewed for another 6 months and you dont have to lift a finger . At the end of that 6 months it rolls again etc etc .

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/bb_tcs.pdf

section 3.1

Thats the standard T and C doc not the per product one by the way.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 197 ✭✭iano

Sponge Bob wrote:
    The post Apr 1 6 Month Contract is a 6 Month Rolling Contract .
    After the initial period of 6 months, the agreement can be terminated by 1 months written notice. (clause 7.2) so in effect its a 1-month rolling commitment.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Infini

K yet another eircom ripoff...

Everyone Jump ship to NTL!!! :D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,479 ✭✭✭Stalfos

Gonzo wrote:
    I rang up and eircom told me that it's a typo and that the cap will stay at 16gigs for the homeplus package.

That gonzo, always causin a fuss over nothin :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,141 ✭✭✭masteroftherealm

Hey seeing as everyone is raising hell bout caps here might as well ask, whats the deal when ya break eircoms cap. Some peolple are telling me they do nothing others the opposite?? So what do they actually do.. (i'm thinkin of getting the standard pack with the 8gb cap cause i'm broke!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭Mutant_Fruit

Bah, i'd say there was such an uproar that they decided it wouldn't be worth their asses to actually proceed with dropping the cap to 8gb.

Lets hope they drop their "Time" products as fast as they dropped that "upgrade".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Sponge Bob wrote:
    Which is why the press release calls the product " Home Plus "

The post Apr 1 6 Month Contract is a 6 Month Rolling Contract . If you do not end the contract on the last day of the 6th month or sooner it will be automatically renewed for another 6 months and you dont have to lift a finger . At the end of that 6 months it rolls again etc etc .

http://www.eircom.ie/bveircom/pdf/bb_tcs.pdf

section 3.1

Thats the standard T and C doc not the per product one by the way.

More propaganda? If the contract is rolling then how come you can cancel at anytime after the first 12 months and not get charged?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,411 ✭✭✭oceanclub

People, I'm simply aghast that anyone is surprised by Eircom's behaviour. Anyone who signs up for an Eircom product by now, knowing their wretched behaviour and constant lying, deserves all they get.

P.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

Well said.

Eicom tried and partially suceeded to screw me over many months ago.
    Ditched their overpriced Plus package for the BT equiv. and never looked back.

Just heard their add for the €19.99 "Time" product....they'll absolutely clean up with greenhorn wannabee Broadband customers.
    Damn if I didnt know better and after hearing that add...I would get it...aah!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

heh
    Hey seeing as everyone is raising hell bout caps here might as well ask, whats the deal when ya break eircoms cap. Some peolple are telling me they do nothing others the opposite?? So what do they actually do.. (i'm thinkin of getting the standard pack with the 8gb cap cause i'm broke!)

from what i heard eircom are gonna give u a notice 2 months in advance about that billing if u go over the cap limit

iv gone over the cap limit by about 20 gigs

i'd love to actually know what the truth is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 856 ✭✭✭StonedParadoX

heh

from what i heard eircom are gonna give u a notice 2 months in advance about that billing if u go over the cap limit

iv gone over the cap limit by about 20 gigs since thursday 2 weeks ago :\

• Closed Accounts Posts: 458 ✭✭juliuspret

heh

iv gone over the cap limit by about 20 gigs since thursday 2 weeks ago :\

How much have you downloaded so far this month then???
    I'm at ~30GB on BT Broadband Plus though I'm not worried as I've broken the cap by varying amounts over the last 3/4 months and havent yet got a call from them.

Advertisement