Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what is softmodding?

• 16-06-2005 9:49pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭

what do i basicly do to soft mod my xbox? how do i go about doing it? once i know ill read a tut :o

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭GrumPy

u put a modified save file on your memory card, u transfer the save file to xbox (you can use a usb storage device if u aint got a memory unit) you load up the game that is the save file, meachassault, 007, or splintercell, you follow the easy directions, then its modd3d without the need of a chip, and you can turn it off for xbox LIVE too. :D try the forums at www.xbox-scene.com why you posted on boards is beyond me :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,815 ✭✭✭✭po0k

It's a cop-out.

Personally, I frown on softmods when a proper solder mod is relatively simple.

why would he pay €30 for a chip when he can softmod for free?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 425 ✭✭silverlining

Softmodding is good fun and more interesting than chipping especially if you investigate how it works. The most important step though is to backup the eeprom using the gamesave and ftp it to your PC before altering any files on the xbox. If you do this you can fix any softmod problem you might run into (its unlikely that you will tho).

true, ive modded many xboxs, some with chips, some with krayzies UXE, and the softmod is by far, the most practical, most simple, and cheap :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44,036 ✭✭✭✭Basq

Anyone give me some more info on Softmodding using Krayzie's UXE? Don't fully understand the concept of the save file etc.

Also.. do i need one of the XBox Memory Cards to transfer the Krayzie UXE UDATA folder to the XBox? Or can i do it with simpler means? (i.e using the Ethernet port on Laptop and crossover cable to the XBox. Bear in mind, the XBox isn't modded at all though. So, as far as i know, using the crossover cable method is not possible without a mod first, correct?)

Cheers for any advice in advance!

Modified USB xbox pad, with memory card inserted to pc, use AR, (download drivers first) or USB storage device to pc (http://forums.xbox-scene.com/index.php?showtopic=262740) and modified pad dongle usb female to xbox.

Advertisement