Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Framerates in demo?

Options
  • 16-06-2005 9:51pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Just wondering what framerate you lads are getting with BF2 demo?
    Im getting between 60 in built up areas to 90 in open areas.
    All gfx settings to medium running @ 1024x768 @ 100hz resolution.
    If i up it to high setting it looks no better but looses maybe 10 fps.
    The reason i ask is i just got a new X800XL card today and was checking various settings out.
    On my old 9800 pro i had to run on low settings and turn off shadows to get 50-60 fps.
    My system is P4 2.8 ghz 800FSB,1024 DDR 400mhz,X800XL.
    Id appreciate someone with similar spec stating what fps they achieve.
    For those who dont know the console command for fps is renderer.drawfps 1
    I must say no matter what res i run the game at it looks as if it needs FSAA on anyways,very jaggy compared to other games/engines/
    I havent tested with FSAA as of yet so cant comment.
    Also another issue i notice is if im browsing the net or somtin and join a BF server soon after i seem to get poor performance but if i restart and and go straight to a server without browsing etc i runs great,maybe i need another gig of ram?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I get between 25 and 35 on the ground, going up to 45/50 when I climb the crane, running all low @ 800*600, P4 2Ghz 99 FSB, 768MB RD-RAM, GeForce 4 Ti 4200 64MB.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,892 ✭✭✭bizmark

Bleh im getting **** fps 25-40 1024@768 (or whatever) all medium apart from dynamic lighting /shadows which are set to low and no AA

2600xp
    1 gig of ram pc2700
    9800pro

Thinking of getting a 3000 amd64 or 3200 might help a bit and the new cores can overclock like a mad thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 163 ✭✭Pongo

Running p4 2.6gig, 2gig ram, x800 pro.... getting around 60fps with everything high, only started really experimenting with settings yesterday, have aa set to 6x, but you're right about the jagged edges....

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭ShevY

when im in chopper up high i get like 100fps according to fraps, but wen i press F9 to get rid of cockpit it drops to 25! in same place. strange

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

On low settings at 800 x 600 get about 50-60. More than adequate to kick all your asses.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 25 TheBurningMan

I've found that frame rate goes right down when you go downstairs in the aircraft carrier to the boats. has anyone else found that?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I've found that frame rate goes right down when you go downstairs in the aircraft carrier to the boats. has anyone else found that?
    Proberly cos there's less to see. All there is are blank walls.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 6,524 Mod ✭✭✭✭dregin

He said it goes down not up.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

Just played the modified single player game there (ie 32 player map) and was getting an average of 40fps though rising to 70fps when in aircraft.

I have a:
    amd 64 3200+ @ 2.2Ghz
    512mb 3200 ram
    9700pro

i was running everything on High (except for textures and something else on medium) at 1152x864 (weird!) and 2xAA with full view distance.
    very playable with next to no slowdown (cept start) though might get another 512 soon.

(the first time ya see certain objects/places in the map, there normally alotta slowdown next time though your fine, happens to me first time in the ship when going upstairs)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Question what progrmame are you using to monitor FPS during gme play?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,839 ✭✭✭balkieb2002

For those who dont know the console command for fps is renderer.drawfps 1

open console menu in-game and enter the above, it should then appear in top left hand corner.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,382 ✭✭✭petes

Fraps

open console menu in-game and enter the above, it should then appear in top left hand corner.

that teaches me to read all the posts in the thread :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,393 ✭✭✭jonski

1024x768@90 mhz
    everything at "medium"
    AA = off
    view distance 90%

running it on
    p4 2.2 , 1 gig pc2700 ram , ati 128 meg 9800 pro

Tried everything , chopper , jeep , and running .......online getting between 20 and 40 fps , offline , using "create server" getting 40 to 50 fps .

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,707 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Ive just done extensive testing with my settings stated above but with 4xFSAA and i only lost bout 10 fps :)

40 - 45 FPS 6600GT OC in single player !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,383 ✭✭✭d22ontour

Getting between 60/70 fps with a x740xl.Top 3 options in video set to high all the rest on medium.

Advertisement