Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Motorbikes on the M50

Options
  • 16-06-2005 11:24pm
    Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,252 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Here is a question for you....

I have a full licence for a car but I also drive a motorbike on a provisional licence.So while driving my bike on the M50 am I braking the law...?

I know its not enforced,I just want to no were I stand.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Dub13 wrote:
    Here is a question for you....

I have a full licence for a car but I also drive a motorbike on a provisional licence.So while driving my bike on the M50 am I braking the law...?
    Yep.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭freewing

deffo , it would come up in the event of an accident ( even if its not your fault) . i am fully licenced for a bike but i only got a car recently and the same rule applies when i am in my car

• Registered Users Posts: 3,775 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

<innocent voice> but everybody does it.....</innocent voice>

You are an L driver on the bike and the sign says No L drivers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 418 ✭✭saobh_ie

But everybody does it...

Exactly why I with a full license won't go near it... too many inexperienced drivers travelling too fast, too close together.

If I'm going on the motorway I'll go in a car. Unless its jammers, then i'll filter (where nessesary) safely while keeping a close close eye on what the loonies are about to do next.

Also, the motorways suck on bikes. It's essentially point and shoot riding... boring.

Perhaps that explains those 160km/h lane splitters... they're asleep.

Advertisement