Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Label Society

Options
  • 16-06-2005 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭

Is there any BLS fans here ?? I've got three albums 1919 eternal, sonic brew, Mafia, I'm looking to get The Blessed Hell Ride is it anygood ?? I really like what I've heard so far.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,372 ✭✭✭The Bollox

Zakk Wylde kicks arse! I only have Sonic brew, my next one is gonna be Mafia tho. That man is so rock n' roll he puts the grand canyon to shame!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

You won't be dissapointed with Mafia some really great tracks on the album, It has a kick ass heavy start to the album aswell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 368 ✭✭Geiger

I downloaded one of the acoustic albums, can't even remember what it's called. Book of Shadows maybe...Only deleted it today as it happens. I've heard a bit of Sonic Brew and it seems cool. I'll probably end up buying it sometime though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 doomsdayjeezuz

Blessed Hellride is my fav anyway! definately worth it man! get it! you won't be dissapointed!!!

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,634 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

1919 is my favourite,
    just a class album.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭dimerocks

i never understood the hype about the blessedhellride. i am not a big fan of it, has one or two good songs but nothing matches up to 1919 eternal, sonic brew or stronger than death. Mafia is good but i was a little disapointed with some songs, particularly you must be blind. its probably the worst song he has recorded.on the other hand i do love zakk wylde and stand by almost everything he has ever done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 247 ✭✭tripper

I have Alcohl mother fukin brewtality live ( or something like that) it kicks ass. I think his vocals are better live and pinch harmonics on an acustic, ****in brilliant

• Registered Users Posts: 48,990 ✭✭✭✭Lithium93_

Think it's time to get this thread back up & running again

• Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Far better live than on record imo. Great band.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭zombiepaw

Blessed Hellride is brilliant, stronger than death and 1919 eternal are better in my opinion. Hangover music vol VI is an odd one. a couple of really good tunes and 8 or 9 completely boring ones.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,967 ✭✭✭Pyr0

Christ what an old thread!

I have since become a big fan of 90% of their work, just in case anyone was wondering.. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 21,385 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

roast wrote: »
    Far better live than on record imo. Great band.

I was bored shítless when I saw them. Have heard more by now, have some decent riffs. Really dont get the love for Zak.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,053 ✭✭✭D.Q

worst band of the weekend at download 2012. the same boring solos for ten minutes at a time. We get it, you can do those harmonic trilly things.

4 or 5 decent tunes, the rest is generic chuggachugga metal by numbers.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,414 ✭✭✭Riddle101

Yeah I love Black Label Society but I only have Stronger then Death though. Have to buy some more.

Favorite BLS Song

• Registered Users Posts: 6 GHO

Always been a fan of Zakk's playing, man is talented for sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 SoLongMikey

Gotten real into this band again recently, Doomsday Jesus, Serious Riff.

Advertisement