Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Summer

• 16-06-2005 11:40pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭

So what happens for the summer? What are ye all doing?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

Well for the weekend I'll be...busy....then it's job hunting on Monday :)

• Registered Users Posts: 549 ✭✭✭Irishstabber

Same...gotta go out for a job---in the meantime, heading to Germany in July for a while :D, should be good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,851 ✭✭✭PurpleFistMixer

Next wednesday FUNERAL FOR A FRIEND CONCERT YEAH!! =D
    Then, 6-Day Chamber music course at the end of this month.
    Next month, 3 weeks of Psychology (CTYI) in DCU.
    And then august is being a lazy bastich and doing various things. But lazily.

And with any luck, getting a new camera at some point. Summer shall rule. Job hunting can begin in TY...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 Holly Golightly

Disco next Wednesday, Livewire concert the following Monday, party next Thursday, another party next week sometime and then sleep for two months.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,878 ✭✭✭Rozabeez

well this weekend I'm going to a gig and a party..then for the summer I just dunno...might go stay with my brother for awhile and mind my niece, could end up in Wexford working in my aunt's shop and I'm going to Englad for a wedding in August. How bout you Victor? :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,672 ✭✭✭elefant

:):):) Gaeltacht. Yyyyyyyyyeeeeeeeeeeeessssssssssssssssss!!!!!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Sunday I'm going to CTYI, after that barcelona, after that making a movie, after that going to the pixies with various lazy antics in between!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,479 ✭✭✭✭philologos

going to a party next week (day of the music exam) and then im going to Deutschland (germany) for 3 weeks as a holiday with my family. It also allows me to use my german to talk to people and kinda give it my own personal test I suppose. Then I have my m8 from spain coming to my house and ill show him around dublin etc

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 227 ✭✭jennyq

This is the first summer in secondary school I've had where I'm NOT going away on a course, so it'll be spent with my friends mostly. We're camping in my friend's garden for her birthday (silly, I know XD) this weekend, woohoo!

Jakkass wrote:
    going to a party next week (day of the music exam) and then im going to Deutschland (germany) for 3 weeks as a holiday with my family. It also allows me to use my german to talk to people and kinda give it my own personal test I suppose. Then I have my m8 from spain coming to my house and ill show him around dublin etc

Where abouts in Germany you going?

• Advertisement

Flashling wrote:
    Sunday I'm going to CTYI, after that barcelona, after that making a movie, after that going to the pixies with various lazy antics in between!
    Heh, crazy. I'm making a movie too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,648 ✭✭✭knifey_spoonie

Somebody has to say it: Knacker drinking

Its not knacker drinking when you have a nice deck out your back :D

Where abouts in Germany you going?
    Frankfurt am Main

Nice place. Haven't been there yet but the pictures are great :rolleyes:

neither have I lol i cant wait

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Casserine

Hanging out with friends, going to France, Gaelteacht.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭Diarmsquid

Casserine wrote:
    Hanging out with friends, going to France, Gaelteacht.
    Also going to France (next Tuesday), and Gaelteacht. (Colaiste Chamuis in Galway, KICKS ASS!)

Then i might get a job, or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Alqua

Going a few places with my friends (don't know where yet), going to the Church Music Summer school in Maynooth ( :D ), enjoying the festival, other things I suppose...

Well I have just finished the fist part of my summer, now to the job huntage!!

• Advertisement

what kinda job do you want

Jakkass wrote:
    what kinda job do you want

One that pays money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 188 ✭✭Strokesa

Im going to italy for a few weeks and to the pixies in august. Apart from that im just gonna hang around and stuff...ive been waiting for summer for so long!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 779 ✭✭✭Flashling

Woot! Pixies! Snap! I'm having uncontrolabole urges to keep pressing the exclaimation point key!I just can't stop!Ahhhh!!!!!! I also need to learn how to spell!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 397 ✭✭Sweetness!

YAY I'm going to Pixies aswell and Oxegen, I cant freakin wait :D I'll probably be going to loads of other gigs around town and drinking lots and lots of JD, it's my summer drink :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,511 ✭✭✭✭Victor

Rozabeez wrote:
    How bout you Victor? :D
    Work, boards, boards, work, boards, boards, beach ....

Sweetness! wrote:
    YAY I'm going to Pixies aswell and Oxegen, I cant freakin wait :D I'll probably be going to loads of other gigs around town and drinking lots and lots of JD, it's my summer drink :)
    Ask you parents for something lighter, JD just makes you sick and paranoid.

Alcoholics anonymous - www.alcoholicsanonymous.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 mime

Victor wrote:
    So what happens for the summer? What are ye all doing?
    lets all pick up an umberlla and a pint and enjoy irelands summer

ps im crap at spelling

Fobia wrote:
    One that pays money.
    mind id like one that i would enjoy instead of a ****ty cleanin job at a restaraunt

• Advertisement

Jakkass wrote:
    mind id like one that i would enjoy instead of a ****ty cleanin job at a restaraunt

Good rule for the rest of your life, but 2 months is all this is, so I'd prefer to make good money doing work I don't enjoy, rather than doing work I love and not having much to show for it...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

Right well I have to finish the J.C. first. Then I'll be going to CTYI and then editing my docu. of CTYI. Then selling my docu. of CTYI. During all this I'll be doing..... stuff...... eh..... Bye!

CTYI Docu.?

And also, what in the nine hells are you doing up at 6:58, Hugh Hefner?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

CTYI Docu.?

And also, what in the nine hells are you doing up at 6:58, Hugh Hefner?
    Correct, a CTYI documentary. I have to stock up on tape and buy an extra battery or two. It's going to be very guerilla style but it should be good.

My friend is over so we just stayed up. I went to bed soon after and got up at 12:00. Now off to town!

Jakkass wrote:
    In life you object is a job you like, that you are good at and that pays you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,984 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Somebody has to say it: Knacker drinking

hehe , small amount of that and going out a good bit not going on holiday though . Probably playing WOW and BF2 quite a lot .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Well, from 4PM tomorrow summer's here. I'll be working in the local video shop, hopefully IO'll also be going to england(I hope) and I got my letter from school today with next year;s calendar. :(

Damn your school is organised...I'll get my calendar and class tt about a week after I go in :p....Till then we'll just stroll around being told about "the wonders of LCVP and 5th year" :o

Woot, got me a whole two days work in a primary school...meh its a start!

=/ primary school sucks lol

It may suck, but it pays.

• Advertisement

how much?

Heh...dont even know yet! I'm just cleaning and sorting out books, stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Diggins

Summer has bin boring so far seems like ages since the tests were over. Went for a job dunno if i got it. So far just bin lazing around helping around the house and going out. If sumthin dont happen soon ill go mad

I suggested to my niece (just finished TY) that she get a job - shes been thinking about it since last year. Only problem is she has 3 weeks in the Gaeltacht, two in Switzerland and two in Croatia .... such a hard life. :D

cant wait till i head off to Frankfurt am Main :)

It'd be Deutschland für mich auch(for me also :D )
    I missed the U2 concert today which I was supposed to go to...long story.
    So im going to Germany next week but might be also for the Munich U2 concert in the Olympic stadium(Aug 3rd)--damn i really hope it turns out that way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 549 ✭✭✭declan_lgs

I'm going to Galway yippeeeeeeeeee!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 315 ✭✭Mysteryfish

just got back from Galway! had a brilliant time. i must say people in Galway are damn friendly! Other than that summer doesn't seem too busy at the mo..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 771 ✭✭✭spiderlegs

Yeah, tis a very quiet summer.Any ideas for stuff to do? Anyone!!??

I got pissed off being bored, so I'm going to the zoo tomorrow and Bray on monday! yayyy!

• Advertisement
Advertisement