Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone ever manage to get a failed line to pass?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,278 ✭✭✭peterk19

yea i did just send phil nolan a bit of an email with the ussuall crap plus also quote redmond and the amber project
    Pete

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Our exchange was enabled since Xmas, however I kept checking my line after that and it was failing, till I had a fault on the line and the engineer told me that it should be able to get it. So I email customer complaints after customer service twice told me i can't have it.

Seems Eircom forgot to include my number on the loop. Have it now with 3 weeks

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,501 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Wondering did anyone manage to get a line that has failed, to pass, and if so by what means.

You may also want to search for threads on the subject by Shinzon as he's had a ongoing issue of passing, failing, passing with Eircom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Cabaal wrote:
    You may also want to search for threads on the subject by Shinzon as he's had a ongoing issue of passing, failing, passing with Eircom

Thanks, I'll do that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,812 ✭✭✭Drapper

Thanks, I'll do that.

You prbably think I'm following you around threads but here's my 2 cent, failed the test so many times, got onto the head of engineering (throught work) and got an engineer out!

I was told eventhough we live 1.5km from the exchange the cable feeding the luttrelstown/carpentertown road came a long rout to the area and only a few lucky houses can get it close to the clonsilla side of Luttrelstown.

I had a signal test study done from the box outside my house and NOTHING !!! the rack in the exchange is enabled but signal doesnot reach my side of Carpenterstown ;-(

DSL is inmho the best BB technology!

Richardo if you can get it in your house get the business pacakge and we can run a lan cable from your house to mine !! lol i'll go evens with yah !!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 37 alex122

my line (dalkey) was failing for over 2 years, but I checked it again by chance two weeks ago and it passed. Eircom set up the line and got everything working within a week... pretty good going!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,077 ✭✭✭parasite

same here, i've been consistently failing for about 2 years, now i suddenly pass. What's the best offer at the moment ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

My line failed constantly. The only company that could provide BB was Smart. Has worked out fine so far.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭cdebru

Smart are using ADSL2+ so if distance from the exchange is the problem ADSL2+ goes a bit further than normal ADSL 1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 103 ✭✭drjolt

My line was also consistently failing ever since the local exchange was enabled, I'd check it on the eircom site from time to time, and lo and behold, it started passing about three weeks ago. Plugged the number into the netsource site, they reported it passing for all their speeds, ordered origin plus, and it's been problem free so far. Yay!

• Advertisement
Advertisement