Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

problem.

• 17-06-2005 1:41am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭

ok i just tought id ask to see if anybody on here knows. i bought my laptop in pc world in august and ive just noticed a tiny little green line that goes right down the middle of the screen its there the whole time except for when im watching dvds (i think) are they dead pixtals? and should a bring it back its under 4 year warrenty . or can i just fix it my self? sorry im clueless anybody help?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 364 ✭✭odie

Definitly contact the manufacturer or PCWorld, there are limits to the amount of dead pixels allowed, if it's a line of them then there is a fundamental fault.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

thanks man........... bought this laptop not even a year ago and had to bring it back to them twice already first time the light on the screen went and the 2nd time the charger melted inside it i only have it back about 3 weeks and now this

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,414 ✭✭✭kdouglas

is there not some rule that if you have to bring the same product back for repairs a certain amount of times you can ask for your money back? i remember hearing about something like this before? if that is the case, id ask for my money back and buy a new one elsewhere, pcworld and the dixons/currys group are horrible to deal with most of the time.
    if you cant do that, id request a complete replacement unit, not just a repair.

after 3 major faults, id defintely be looking for a replacement or money back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,231 ✭✭✭✭Sparky

i remember buying a packard bell laptop from compucenter when they were around and after 1 week a straight white line appeared across the lcd screen, i brought it back and i got a replacement there and then. The second one i havnt had a problem with since and that was 2 years ago.
    I always found compucenter great, for value thats before they went.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 741 ✭✭✭pingu_girl

ill look into it thanx they sent the laptop back for the melting charger and when i got it back it was still melted so it deosnt even sit in right but it charges grand bad service from pc world i most say

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,643 ✭✭✭Gandalf23

Sale of Goods Act says you are entitled to a refund.

http://www.cidb.ie/live.nsf/0/802567ca003e043d80256499002f6df7?OpenDocument

I would DEFINATELY get a refund... take no crap from PC World!!!

Advertisement