Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice needed

• 17-06-2005 9:20am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Posting unreg'd here-

I've been in a relationship with a guy for three years but the passion has fizzled out. I am breaking up with him tonight! This is not a sudden decision - I was aware that things were going downhill for quite a while but it was hard to admit the truth to myself. Now, because of events I won't go into here, I really can't take it anymore and it's clear what I have to do. The announcement may come as a shock to him but then again, maybe he's been thinking the same things I have. Does anyone have any advice for how to go about this? Do I start a long talk or just blurt it straight out or what? Do people have any tips or experiences they'd like to share with me?

Thank you for reading this!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,078 ✭✭✭tabatha

just be straight and honest with him. dont beat around the bush. as they say, honesty is the be policy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

The tact you take depends on how you see it,

If you think that finally now that you have faced up to what has been happening, you can go talk about it and see how you both feel and see if it can be fixed.Some times a mini break or a reassment of the realtionship is needed as you have both got stuck in a rut. So a long talk about your feeling and what you want from the relationship and where you see it going may be the best way.

If you really just can't do this any more and you think it will never get anybetter and you really dont want to talk about or try (this you may regret) then
    lay it out on the line. 'This is not working, this has not been working , and I am
    not willing to kill myself trying to make it work, good bye'

Life is too short to drink bad wine.

Advertisement