Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some Webspace

Options
  • 17-06-2005 10:12am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Hey guys :)

So far I'm pretty happy with our merge and there are still a few more to join. Here is hoping for some good times ahead! :)

Since most guilds seem to have some kind of website with forum I thought ask what your views on that would be.

I do have some webspace available, originally used for my business website (a project of mine, which I am unabel to continue atm) but there is plenty of room for a <Metamorphosis> website and a own forum.

Some time ago I used to play UT2k4 a lot and used my webspace for our clan forum. Its no longer active but you can have a look at the layout (simple php template that can be downloaded). It would be no problem to clean it out and re design it a bit to match it with WoW and the guild.

You can have a look here: http://www.gilboa.co.uk/mi7forum/ (just as an example, this forum is no longer in use though)

Its an easy to use forum, with different functions such as hiden forum parts that are only accessable/viewable by certain usergroups ... some of you will have moderator status etc ... there's a lot it can do, including some calendar, polls etc ...

I'm also not too bad in webdesign, although i'm mainly good with photoshop, and with HTML,CSS and some java-script but i have NO clue about php :P

I'm paying for that webspace anyway atm even though i'm not using it. So if you guys would like to make some use of it, lets discuss :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,560 ✭✭✭Ivan

Well, to be totally honest. We already have all the forums we're ever going to need, here at boards. We can ask for a seperate (private) forum for the guild, or just post in the warcraft forum with a tag, making it obvious who its for.

As for the webspace, a normal guild site would be great. List of players, classes, kills, etc. etc. Only because your paying for it already, mind, its not like we need (want?) it.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

what is the name of the new guild? Saw the poll thread but turns out you used none of those suggestions.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,308 ✭✭✭quozl

one thing that's really great for a guild is a voice comms server. Ventrilo or Teamspeak. Maybe someone in your guild has a server that can host it? Or perhaps someone on boards can help out?

I know our vent server is a god send.

Quozl

The name eventually used was Metamorphosis.
    Aye, we had a teamspeak server a few weeks back, but I think the guys that were hosting it, left.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

If u need a TS server I can sort u out with one.

Just send me details of what u want/need.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Gilboa

Ivan wrote:
    Well, to be totally honest. We already have all the forums we're ever going to need, here at boards. We can ask for a seperate (private) forum for the guild, or just post in the warcraft forum with a tag, making it obvious who its for.

As for the webspace, a normal guild site would be great. List of players, classes, kills, etc. etc. Only because your paying for it already, mind, its not like we need (want?) it.

No worries :) Its not that i'm desperate to do it anyway.

I never used ventrilo but i used to use TS a lot (although my headset is dead atm :P). Would surely be helpful for big raids such as MC etc ... seems to be common that its used on such occasions.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭NeoSlicerZ

hmm, my mike jack is bust on my pc :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shanery

Aye, we had a teamspeak server a few weeks back, but I think the guys that were hosting it, left.

Think that was when me and a friend had it going one day, and we had a few others from the guild channel join. If this is what you're on about we weren't hosting it, we were just using the games3.iol.ie server.

Would be handy to set up for those long instances. But can you imagine the shouting over the good items :)

Ah yeah, thats exactly who I mean. Sou/Levas here :D
    Ye still playing?

A teamspeak server would be a definite plus, I'd recommend putting the details about one, in the guild MotD. It'd be worth getting another microphone for ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Shanery

Yep, still playing, still horribly addicted. Me = Korima.

The Chatterbox server (games3.iol.ie) is there for use. Just connect to it and create a room and you're away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement