Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Galway Video Game!

• 17-06-2005 11:03am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭

video game based around Galway in the middle ages!!! for real check out this site

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,958 ✭✭✭Fobia

That company looks a bit dodgy to me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 starfire2

There is nothing dodgy regarding the company, maybe they are abit busy with work than updating their website. There is also 2 other games to be released this year as well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,419 ✭✭✭nadir

thats pretty mad altogether

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,945 ✭✭✭Anima

lol @ Starfire2

REAL SUBLTE.

Just watched the video for this Galway game, the graphics....oh the graphics....I'd understand if the game was made to come out in 98, but come on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

because we all know graphics make the game.

mr "i play a game so dated graphically that it looks like dog**** compared to todays standards maybe we should just judge the gameplay on the graphics" himself has spoken.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

seriously though, brushwork looks half-life 1ish, and the models looks like arse..

sorry to trash your work starfire (IF INDEED YOU DO WORK FOR/ARE THE COMPANY) but its not really that impressive

DRakE wrote:
    mr "i play a game so dated graphically that it looks like dog**** compared to todays standards maybe we should just judge the gameplay on the graphics" himself has spoken.

True, but this game isn't from '96, it isn't even released yet! If quake were released in '05 with it's original graphics I'd say the same thing :) .

The graphics on the website are not the final released artwork, they have acted more or less as the placeholder art you see. As i mentioned the websites have not been updated yet, i will post a link here when they are. We always welcome feedback involved good or bad.

Just to point out that the Galway game is not really a game at all, it is a tour of Galway aimed towards tourists world-wide. While we do have basic gameplay features for young children along with some Irish words involved we are not aiming this project as a game for general gamers.

To appeal to the posts here, we are starting this summer on our "AAA" action / adventure title for PC / Xbox 360 that is based on a part history / fictional Irish culture theme with a release date of late 2006. I can't provide any more information regarding this title for a long time however before 2005 is finished 2 FPS/RTS "AA" games will be released for the PC budget market that should be more along your tastes rather than the Galway tour.

www.gamedevelopers.ie is the Irish game development community website for anyone interested in whats happening in our small but growing Irish game development community on this island.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭gre_soul

starfire2 wrote:
    The graphics on the website are not the final released artwork, they have acted more or less as the placeholder art you see. As i mentioned the websites have not been updated yet, i will post a link here when they are. We always welcome feedback involved good or bad.

Just to point out that the Galway game is not really a game at all, it is a tour of Galway aimed towards tourists world-wide. While we do have basic gameplay features for young children along with some Irish words involved we are not aiming this project as a game for general gamers.

To appeal to the posts here, we are starting this summer on our "AAA" action / adventure title for PC / Xbox 360 that is based on a part history / fictional Irish culture theme with a release date of late 2006. I can't provide any more information regarding this title for a long time however before 2005 is finished 2 FPS/RTS "AA" games will be released for the PC budget market that should be more along your tastes rather than the Galway tour.

www.gamedevelopers.ie is the Irish game development community website for anyone interested in whats happening in our small but growing Irish game development community on this island.

sounds cool, its a big business out there and it seems like Ireland should have more than a few game studios out there considering that there is a pretty large amount of both creative and technically minded people here who are more than able to to produce the goods! actually check out http://www.gamesindustry.biz/ for game industry news whish is based in the UK (and edited by an Irishman of course!) seems like the only option for anybody here wanting to get involved in the games industry is to move further a field so the likes of www.gamedevelopers.ie and your start up is promising, good luck ;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 198 ✭✭boy1er1990

Fobia wrote:
    Just watched the video for this Galway game, the graphics....oh the graphics....I'd understand if the game was made to come out in 98, but come on!

i enjoyed the graphics,....... oh wait, it didnt even work!!! :mad:

all that came up is this medevial music, and man that did not seem too good. ha ha

Thx for your comments :)

And here is the link to download the codec to play the old video file. http://www.k-litecodecpack.com/

This is a very handy pack that will play almost all type of video formats.

Advertisement