Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Programme/Software Needed

Options
  • 17-06-2005 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭

Hi all ,
    I'm getting married next June and the better half wants to have a go at making the invitations and possibly mass booklet's herself. Has anyone ever used a good package for creating invites and the likes ?

I had a look on www.download.com for something but found wedding organisers rather than invitation creating software.

Thanks.

Apologies if posted in the wrong section

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

ms publisher or photoshop could do it.

but its hard work,
    and unless your really good the results will look unprofessional,
    youll also have to pay to get them properly printed and bound in the end.

its a lot of hassle for soemthing you probably wont use.

save yourself the stress ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,012 ✭✭✭BizzyC

Best way to do it is to get a load of fancy cards, learn caligraphy, and write them by hand.
    They look well fancy, theys do.

Unless your fiancee is a graphic designer, anything you make on a computer will look cheap and unprofessional.

You'd also be better of getting the mass cards made by someone else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

I did them myself, as I come from a design background. But at the end of the day with the printing costs it really was more work (and you'll be busy anyway), and more expensive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,284 ✭✭✭pwd

www.eventznet.ie might be of interest to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,264 ✭✭✭✭Hobbes

Open office will do it. Just google for graphics. But you can generally tell the cheap ones from the good ones.

You could also go to a keystore and get a rubber stamp made and use it to emboss an image.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,690 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

BizzyC wrote:
    Best way to do it is to get a load of fancy cards, learn caligraphy, and write them by hand.
    They look well fancy, theys do.
    If you know anyone who is in the least bit artistic you could get then to draw a picture of the church/hotel/house/couple/local landmark maybe a stylised one. then a bit of caligraphy, then you could do the text inside in a script font. then dind a place that will photocopy onto card , then get a gel pen or glitter or whatever is apporpiate to add the final touch.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,154 ✭✭✭Oriel

Hehe, a job for MS Word Clip art, this ain't :)
    Buy the cards and get a calligraphy fountain pen, and do them yourself.
    This adds a very personal touch and looks the part.

S.

Advertisement